• 16(current)
Linux HOW-TO: Automated efficient XBMC install - Ubuntu 12.10/13.04 mini based
i like it without plymoth it just goes directly from bios to xbmc (or so it seems)
I've just bought myself a new bike (Yamaha MT-01) and it's probably the last weekend with good driving weather in the Netherlands for a while. Zo I'll be sitting on the horse it's back today. I'd planned to work on the script, but I'll most likely won't today. I'll be working on it during the week. Thanks again for all the usefull feedback!

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
@Bram77

I updated the post above, anyway have a great weekend and bike riding thrills Wink

My weekend is trying to fix the dammed HTPC.

TIA

uNi
idk how you can have same machine as I do, use same script, say everything is fine and I cant get anything working. clearly something not getting configured properly, drop frames, audio issues no usbautomount, in fact xbmc is pretty much unusable. Its now 5 days, and nothing! I dont think I ever read so much how-tos and tried everything.

With lucid and the script I used before, which is no longer maintained, ION1 everything including remote automount, audio (even frodo alphas xbmc) anything not a flaw. sorry about the rant, after 5 days Im fed up. tried this and hosed everything.

I guess its dire!

Sorry for rant, not your fault, its a great punt. I cant get anything to work properly.

perhaps its time to try some openelec and its cant do crap else with the box.

uNi
Bug 
I got the remote+internal CIR asrock ION330HT to work fully with this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1043891 for reference sake

Video playback in SD and HD is horrendous bad if syncback to display is enabled and Adjust Refresh Rate to match Video, also have to disable Navigation sounds ive tried http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70068 and http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70068 but not so much luck, perhaps someone knows how to fix this?

Ive tried pretty much every how-to, quite a few reinstalls (all just to get working what worked fine b4)

USB automout doesn't work I've tried this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1218567
Even appending usbcore.autosuspend=-1 to grub boot line in addition to the above.

This has to be the worst nightmare for me!

Consolation price the remote+internal CIR works

Anything else is a beg for help. I really would like to get the ION1 working properly with minimal ubuntu without resorting to older distro.

TIA

uNi

(2012-10-21, 09:51)Bram77 Wrote: I've just bought myself a new bike (Yamaha MT-01) and it's probably the last weekend with good driving weather in the Netherlands for a while. Zo I'll be sitting on the horse it's back today. I'd planned to work on the script, but I'll most likely won't today. I'll be working on it during the week. Thanks again for all the usefull feedback!

i think you mean riding weather heh Smile

I probably do Smile. My English is far from perfect Smile.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
(2012-10-19, 09:10)Bram77 Wrote: Thanks Smile

How did you modify the script exactly? The script stoped and displayed that your current videocard is not supported by the script? Th exact name displayed was "Advanced"? That's strange... But I'll add support for the "Advanced" card, I'm not sure why it doesn't just work. Your coard should be detected properly.

Yes, the exact name displayed was Advanced. Just added Advanced to the script after ATI and AMD. Thanks for adding it to the script. Smile
It would be nice to have a choice of which xbmc version to use (frodo or eden at least).
@Bram77

the plymouth fixes you added are correct, however for some reason the "x" is a invalid character for resolution 1280x720
Code:
case ${choice//\"/} in
        1)
            applyScreenResolution "720x480"
            ;;
        2)
            applyScreenResolution "720x576"
            ;;
        3)
            applyScreenResolution "1280×720"
            ;;
        4)
            applyScreenResolution "1366x768"
            ;;
        5)
            applyScreenResolution "1920x1080"
            ;;
        *)
            selectScreenResolution

and

Code:
options=(1 "720 x 480 (NTSC)" off
            2 "720 x 576 (PAL)" off
            3 "1280 × 720 (HD Ready)" off
            4 "1366 x 768 (HD Ready)" on
            5 "1920 x 1080 (Full HD)" off)

Code:
applyScreenResolution "1280×720"

should be

Code:
applyScreenResolution "1280x720"

Code:
3 "1280 × 720 (HD Ready)" off

should be

Code:
3 "1280 x 720 (HD Ready)" off

See the "x" ? its slightly up thus making it invalid for grub to see, fixing this resolves the bootup grub errors

also script should not use
Code:
$USER
it should define "xbmc" to prevent errors if logged in as a different user/superuser

for ION the correct advancedsettings.xml to grep correct temperature from lmsensors (coretemp) should be

Code:
<cputempcommand>echo "$(sensors -u | tail -n64 | grep temp1_input | awk '{print $2 }' |awk '{printf("%d\n",$1 + 0.5);}') C"</cputempcommand>

I'm still trying to resolve why I get no 24p playback (dropped frames and out of sync) if and no usbautomount amongst others as described in my previous post.

To help out (so I'm not just moaning things dont work) here's a edit of the script with the corrections (and some typos) above
uNi
Thank you all for the feedback. This is very helpful and saves me a lot of time. I can't wait to apply all the options and bug-fixes you've all posted. I'll be on it as soon as I can!

Adding an option to choose between stable and daily build is a great idea. I'll add that.

Would it also be possible to include an option to install NFS support?

I could only get this working by installing libnfs-dev

Thanks
I'll look into it!

Rainbow 
@Bram77

Here's a quick and dirty HOW-TO quick fix for 24p and 23.976p playback on the ION1 with NVidia 304.60 drivers (Hopefully will help script get a bit better)

We start with the xorg.conf for 30x.x drivers (for 29x.xx another xorg.conf will be needed). Still using minimalistic install script to work fully.
So on and ahead we go!

Code:
mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.bak
wget http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=pQA9W8Bn -O /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Now setup Kodi for all this to work as follows in screenshots!

Step 1) Image

Step 2) Image

On this next one we are selecting auto for de-interlace (!!very important!!) and then saving it for all videos/media

Step 3) Image

Yes last one, that's it... Set default for all Movies... and walla.! Smile Click YES on Kodi dialog. (option at bottom of dialog in screenshot 3)

Code:
DISPLAY=:0 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi-xrandr

My kodi-xrandr output is also pimped out! Big Grin

Now everyone's misery, pain, blood sweat and tears and even a little pee, should allow us to enjoy perfectly smooth playback in Kodi from the usual media sources.

This thanks to many hours of scouring topics and to a wonderful creature called fritsch! We Love fritsch and in fritsch we trust with our virgins.

Apologies to everyone for nagging yesterday and before, dire!!

uNi
@uNiversal:
This xorg.conf is supposed to work with nvidia 30X.X - for at least 295 you need a different one (please add this info). Glad it works now for you.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO: Automated efficient XBMC install - Ubuntu 12.10/13.04 mini based11