Solved Tapatalk Update
(2012-10-11, 03:15)bossanova808 Wrote:
(2012-10-03, 13:21)cirkator Wrote: I´m having a strange issue. Not sure if it´s related to the update....

Whenever I am browsing all the latest posts, Tapatalk needs to load new threads when I´m at the bottom of the list.
This is not working for me on this forum. It´s working on all the other forums I visit. Here it´s just loading and loading and loading, but nothing is happening.

Anyone else with this issue?

Tried uninstalling/reinstalling.
Did wipe all the appdata.

Same issue here - tells me 'an invalid search was performed' - that is, when looking at the Latest / Unread tacb - the first 40 posts load ok but when you pull down for more this is happening with 100% frequency for me. Sad

Was fine before the update.

same here on only the 40 posts
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
well, tapatalk is 3rd-party and we won't maintain it (especially because it's a paid service - so they should fix stuff, not us). Can anybody check if this also happens on other myBB boards with the tapatalk plugin installed?
Fair enough .... Gather data (sorry dont use many forums) ...but if it comes to it my vote is revert. Push is kinda handy but kinda annoying, but reading threads is for me more fundamental to the whole forums experience... Smile

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Same thing happening to me Huh
I know it won't help but same here, with both iPhone and iPad versions. I thought maybe the forum changes (PVR section etc.) caused this, and supposedly reinstalling the app causes Tapatalk to see the new sections and work properly but i don't think that was the issue.
(2012-10-11, 13:09)da-anda Wrote: well, tapatalk is 3rd-party and we won't maintain it (especially because it's a paid service - so they should fix stuff, not us). Can anybody check if this also happens on other myBB boards with the tapatalk plugin installed?

It's also happened on the UK Vapers forum - which uses myBB. According to their Admin guy..

Quote:Yes, there is an update: I've fixed it
If you have been getting weird errors in the last hour or so, that would have been me trying to track down the cause of the problem, which I eventually did and fixed

There was a bug in the Tapatalk plugin which I've now fixed (don't know why the guys at Tapatalk couldn't do it ). If you want the technical details, read on, otherwise just enjoy

Basically, when you start a search in MyBB (this forum software), you pass the search function a search id (sid). This is then used when you get more results, next page, etc. The tapatalk plugin was generating the sid correctly, but wasn't storing it in the current session state (which is data that's carried across between pages for the user). So, when you went for more pages, it was using an unitialised variable and throwing that error because it couldn't find the search it had started.

What I did to fix it was to change the code and put the sid into session state every time it is generated, and to pull it from session state when fetching more results, and it's all working now.

Does this help?
it helps - but this fix is more a workaround then a fix it seems. And it confirms that it's a bug in the tapatalk plugin. If tapatalk would be free/openSource I'd have no problem in digging into the issue and fix it (now even with a howto), but they get payed from you users - so IMO it's them that should fix the issue and release a new plugin for myBB.
(2012-10-18, 15:13)da-anda Wrote: it helps - but this fix is more a workaround then a fix it seems. And it confirms that it's a bug in the tapatalk plugin. If tapatalk would be free/openSource I'd have no problem in digging into the issue and fix it (now even with a howto), but they get payed from you users - so IMO it's them that should fix the issue and release a new plugin for myBB.

I agree they should fix the problem as it's undoubtedly their problem and hopefully they will do in the future, but it sure would be nice to be able to use Tapatalk now :-) I miss my regular catchups with new posts whilst on the move..
Push works great for me

Apart from some thread unavailable

All I done was clear cache in settings

Turn off push in the forum you want exit program and turn push on the forum again and will work
http://support.tapatalk.com/threads/unab...iew.14750/
Should be fixed in the next mybb plugin version..
New mybb plugin was released yesterday. Wink.
thanks for info - will update it this weekend
toiva - do you happen to have a link? The plugin/mod on the myBB website still says "last update june 2012" (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1724) and the download file is also still the 3.0.0 release.
http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tapatal...lugin=mybb
http://www.tapatalk.com/files/plugin/tap..._3.1.0.zip

It shows 3.1.0 for me..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tapatalk Update0