• 5(current)
[WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY]
Hello I have just started using this skin after using mq3 and mq4 for the last year or so. The only thing I miss about the mq skin is the all in one script and was wondering if you have any plans in the future to add this widget.
(2012-10-04, 11:40)tanckb Wrote: Hello I have just started using this skin after using mq3 and mq4 for the last year or so. The only thing I miss about the mq skin is the all in one script and was wondering if you have any plans in the future to add this widget.

that script is nothing more than a copy of what is already present.
besides that i will extend current scripts
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-10-01, 09:02)lostwithouthope Wrote: hi, i really like Aeon Nox( using the latest git) and I just wanted to ask three Questions:

2. I really don't know if this is skin related or a xbmc restriction: I'm using the low list view in my music db for artists with extra fanarts as background, when I enter an artist, the albums are shown as well as an additional item for all songs, why is it that when i select the all songs item a random background is shown and not one of the backgrounds belonging to the artist?

just pushed a change which should make extrafanart appear when selecting ParentFolder and *All Items* entries on album level.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
@Big_Noid Thank you for your answers!
@phil65 I'll give it a try to night.......Is working!!!!!!

You guys are awesome!
(2012-10-03, 15:33)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-10-03, 05:56)cliffx Wrote: I'm using Aeon Nox from github not from passion, but i have both installed

http://pastebin.com/a7wkMPYw

just tried your settings and my low list does not darken. you probably do not use newest GIT.

Fixed. I just updated the skin. Thanks
Can you make the skin more international user friendly? By starting to show the original title in movie details screen (tab). So we have translated title on top and original one in a secondary field.

Thank you!
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
(2012-10-05, 13:46)tinybutstrong Wrote: Can you make the skin more international user friendly? By starting to show the original title in movie details screen (tab). So we have translated title on top and original one in a secondary field.

Thank you!
Personally I'm against this. The way the info screen is built would mean we would have to edit the texture to make room for an extra field; original title. Which for me would either be filled with the same title as already shown or left empty in which case there would be an empty field to stare at.
Does someone have this Skin on ATV2? It is crashing mine very often Sad
Too slow for this skin...
(2012-10-03, 21:46)sialivi Wrote:
(2012-10-03, 21:34)phil65 Wrote: how should we take advantage from that?

As I understand it, if you're using the old style paths (videodb://), any changes the user has done to the default video nodes will be ignored. Using library://video/ will make it use of the custom video nodes.

Edit:
Found where I was reading that, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1203466

We cannot add this in the skin. If the user has not modified the xml to a filter instead of folder in library://video/ the path will return false. Best way to do this is to edit your titles.xml, then add it to favorites in the videos section and add that as default action. We can change the path for latest movies/episodes and musicvideos as those xmls are already filters and will work out of the box.
hello,

I've been jumping from Aeon MQ 4 and Aeon Nox 4.0, looking to stay with Nox but something is strange with the startup of the skin. Everytime during startup it is rescanning and updating my library even when I have this feature turned off in XBMC settings and have not turned it on ever. This does not happen on MQ4.

What is causing this?

Moreover, the fonts in MQ4 main menu are elegant and professional, I've been long time user of NOX but wish you guys would revamp the fonts in the main strip instead of the blocky, demure way it is now.

Thanks
@astrotrain: is it actually scanning or does the dialog only show?
We have to think about the license of the fonts, so not evryrhing is possible. You can of course copy the mq font and rename it to the one we use if you prefer that font.
(2012-10-05, 14:10)Big_Noid Wrote: Personally I'm against this. The way the info screen is built would mean we would have to edit the texture to make room for an extra field; original title. Which for me would either be filled with the same title as already shown or left empty in which case there would be an empty field to stare at.

As a long time user of Aeon MQ and Confluence, I'm dependent on this option, this one of many reasons that MQ is the most popular skin for XBMC, the amount of posts in their sub-forum confirms it.

Again, thank you, your skin is amazing, just need small improvements in my opinion, just personal perception. I will try to add the field by myself or so just keep MQ as my default skin.

I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
(2012-10-07, 03:46)tinybutstrong Wrote: ...this one of many reasons that MQ is the most popular skin for XBMC, the amount of posts in their sub-forum confirms it.

Amount of posts = popularity... how?? Couldn't that also be: Amount of posts = lots of bugs/hard to use?? Wink
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-10-07, 04:21)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-10-07, 03:46)tinybutstrong Wrote: ...this one of many reasons that MQ is the most popular skin for XBMC, the amount of posts in their sub-forum confirms it.

Amount of posts = popularity... how?? Couldn't that also be: Amount of posts = lots of bugs/hard to use?? Wink

Rofl
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Aeon Nox 4.0 [FRODO-ONLY]10