• 13(current)
[FORK] PseudoTV with LiveTV Channel Types
I believe luna's got a post on Pg 9 of this forum that shows how to manually add HDhomerun channels to the Settings2.xml.

That's the only way I could get it to work. Didn't have your issues, but that's the recommended method.
(2013-07-10, 21:49)blobdole Wrote: Could this be what's causing my problem?

Code:
type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT
15:25:22 T:2432   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory ()
15:25:22 T:2432   DEBUG:   ParentPath = []
15:25:22 T:1832   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: onAction 107
15:25:22 T:1832   DEBUG: script.pseudotv-TVOverlay: Unable to get semaphore

Here is what the EPG looks like:

What am I doing wrong?

Installed xbmc
Installed PTV
Installed TVGuide
Enabled IceLibrary
Configured stream builder for hdhomerun_config.exe/MC2XML.exe/Source.db/settings2.xml
Selected channels in stream builder and used the PTV addon to export.

Channels show up in PTV but EPG is bugged. Huh Did I miss any steps?

ahh there is your problem... you have to manually add channels to settings2.xml. Builder won't work on current builds... at some point I will add easy configuration... but right now my focus is making sure everything works... then I will clean things up...

(2013-07-10, 23:02)blazin912 Wrote: I believe luna's got a post on Pg 9 of this forum that shows how to manually add HDhomerun channels to the Settings2.xml.

That's the only way I could get it to work. Didn't have your issues, but that's the recommended method.

Big Grin YUP Big Grin
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Nvm, got it working.
Update:

I've added my local library along with live channels into PTV and everything is working great. Only having a few issues.

1 - When opening PTV, on startup the XML file reads each live channel, taking about 1-2 seconds per channel. Having 15 live channels makes getting into PTV take a bit of time, nothing crazy but a slight annoyance.

2 - I was watching PTV this morning, live channels were displaying all correct info and time.. Shut down computer, then I come back and open PTV up at night, now all my live channels are showing programing info from this morning, like morning news and stuff, even though the time is right (10:30 PM), it's showing info from this morning. I also found that by closing and opening PTV when this happens, it fixes the issue and displays the correct info, but this fix isn't really realistic for replacing the cable box.

3 - The obvious EPG timeline issue that everyone is having. Sometimes I will open PTV to find that the guide is saying shows are starting in 10 min, when they are are already started. Although sometimes PTV opens without a hiccup and shows correct information. Not sure what is causing the 10+ min time jump in the EPG.

4 - Live channels show all correct naming in the EPG like "ABC News", but after changing channels, the bar at the bottom pops up and reads the name of what's playing. In local media that has been scraped, it shows correct info and description. But on live channels, instead of showing the same info/formatting that displayed on the EPG, it shows the name like this "ABC News//01x01//no desc |". I would be happy with it just saying the exact same thing the EPG says, even if it wont show a description, just for the sake of being more clean/professional looking.

Overall this was a pretty confusing process setting this up, but totally worth it. Even in its current state this plugin is absolutely amazing and revolutionary to the cable cutting experience. Bye bye cable bill.
But I do have one question .. Do I have to update the xmltv file manually a week/month from now when all the channels are showing different programing? Or does this happen automatically?
(2013-07-12, 04:24)blobdole Wrote: Update:

I've added my local library along with live channels into PTV and everything is working great. Only having a few issues.

1 - When opening PTV, on startup the XML file reads each live channel, taking about 1-2 seconds per channel. Having 15 live channels makes getting into PTV take a bit of time, nothing crazy but a slight annoyance.

2 - I was watching PTV this morning, live channels were displaying all correct info and time.. Shut down computer, then I come back and open PTV up at night, now all my live channels are showing programing info from this morning, like morning news and stuff, even though the time is right (10:30 PM), it's showing info from this morning. I also found that by closing and opening PTV when this happens, it fixes the issue and displays the correct info, but this fix isn't really realistic for replacing the cable box.

3 - The obvious EPG timeline issue that everyone is having. Sometimes I will open PTV to find that the guide is saying shows are starting in 10 min, when they are are already started. Although sometimes PTV opens without a hiccup and shows correct information. Not sure what is causing the 10+ min time jump in the EPG.

4 - Live channels show all correct naming in the EPG like "ABC News", but after changing channels, the bar at the bottom pops up and reads the name of what's playing. In local media that has been scraped, it shows correct info and description. But on live channels, instead of showing the same info/formatting that displayed on the EPG, it shows the name like this "ABC News//01x01//no desc |". I would be happy with it just saying the exact same thing the EPG says, even if it wont show a description, just for the sake of being more clean/professional looking.

Overall this was a pretty confusing process setting this up, but totally worth it. Even in its current state this plugin is absolutely amazing and revolutionary to the cable cutting experience. Bye bye cable bill.
But I do have one question .. Do I have to update the xmltv file manually a week/month from now when all the channels are showing different programing? Or does this happen automatically?

1. parsing takes time... reduce your xmltv file size. Reduce days fetched to 3max.

2-3 EPG has a sync issue...

4. Overlays have been cleaned up for beta release... Build will include a custom skin.

Final release will include easy setup.
You should update your xmltv daily.
(2013-07-12, 07:20)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-07-12, 04:24)blobdole Wrote: Update:

1. parsing takes time... reduce your xmltv file size. Reduce days fetched to 3max.

2-3 EPG has a sync issue...

4. Overlays have been cleaned up for beta release... Build will include a custom skin.

Final release will include easy setup.
You should update your xmltv daily.

Is there any way to have it automatically update as soon as PTV is launched? Before updating channels?
^^ You could do that.. but it may be intermittent as you don't have control over the length of time it takes for a response and new xmltv to be generated. You'd need a wait or some other trigger in the script to delay parsing until the DL was complete. You think waiting for 15 channels now is long? Imagine waiting for the EPG data to DL first, then parsing it. Head Assplode.

Like he mentioned, best bet is to reduce XMLTV file.

Are you using MC2XML and Schedules Direct?

If so, you can crop your results to 3 days or less (as mentioned) and cut out everything except for the channels you care about on Schedules Direct.

Instead of a default 100 (channels) x 30-40(episodes) x 7 (days) of data 28,000 listings

You can shrink it to, 15 x 30-40 x 3 , 1,800

Should be more f4ster! Smile

Rebuild live channels every day and you should be good.
(2013-07-12, 12:54)blazin912 Wrote: ^^ You could do that.. but it may be intermittent as you don't have control over the length of time it takes for a response and new xmltv to be generated. You'd need a wait or some other trigger in the script to delay parsing until the DL was complete. You think waiting for 15 channels now is long? Imagine waiting for the EPG data to DL first, then parsing it. Head Assplode.

If so, you can crop your results to 3 days or less (as mentioned) and cut out everything except for the channels you care about on Schedules Direct.

Instead of a default 100 (channels) x 30-40(episodes) x 7 (days) of data 28,000 listings

Well that kinda defeats the purpose of this plugin. I was hoping to set it up once and slap it into the living room for people to use. I would not be able to update even every week, let alone every day. Oh well.
(2013-07-12, 15:00)blobdole Wrote:
(2013-07-12, 12:54)blazin912 Wrote: ^^ You could do that.. but it may be intermittent as you don't have control over the length of time it takes for a response and new xmltv to be generated. You'd need a wait or some other trigger in the script to delay parsing until the DL was complete. You think waiting for 15 channels now is long? Imagine waiting for the EPG data to DL first, then parsing it. Head Assplode.

Well that kinda defeats the purpose of this plugin. I was hoping to set it up once and slap it into the living room for people to use. I would not be able to update even every week, let alone every day. Oh well.

?? why can't you have it automaticly update on its own with whatever xmltv scraper you are using now, setup with some type of scheduler?? adding an automatic xmltv rebuild isn't possible without adding more of a wait time on startup which you said was an "annoyance", lol
OK got it working with task manager each time the computer wakes from s3 it will update.
^^ could use event ghost if you find that people leave the device on instead of putting it to sleep.

I just run a cron job essentially pulling an XMLTv file every other day.
(2013-07-12, 19:12)blobdole Wrote: OK got it working with task manager each time the computer wakes from s3 it will update.

Sounds good
(2013-07-12, 20:14)blazin912 Wrote: ^^ could use event ghost if you find that people leave the device on instead of putting it to sleep.

Yeah I also set it up to run once a day at 7pm when the TV is usually on. Having it only update 48 hours worth of 15 channels is much much faster loading now compared to updating 14 days worth each time... Along with that PTV opens in seconds now, really happy about this. Thanks for all the great info/help guys. I just got a Roswell remote today in the mail, and this is really starting to feel like a cable box replacement +++.

also @luna, is there a ETA on the beta release? I can't wait to slap this HTPC in the living room with this plugin. If you need any help testing anything, just let me know and I'd be happy to help. Thanks for all your hard work!
(2013-07-13, 02:52)blobdole Wrote:
(2013-07-12, 20:14)blazin912 Wrote: ^^ could use event ghost if you find that people leave the device on instead of putting it to sleep.

Yeah I also set it up to run once a day at 7pm when the TV is usually on. Having it only update 48 hours worth of 15 channels is much much faster loading now compared to updating 14 days worth each time... Along with that PTV opens in seconds now, really happy about this. Thanks for all the great info/help guys. I just got a Roswell remote today in the mail, and this is really starting to feel like a cable box replacement +++.

also @luna, is there a ETA on the beta release? I can't wait to slap this HTPC in the living room with this plugin. If you need any help testing anything, just let me know and I'd be happy to help. Thanks for all your hard work!

No planned ETA until I fix EPG sync issue... Testing a fix right now, which seems to be working...

Beta will include:

Manual channel configuration...
LiveTV - (hdhomerun/VLC/Internet) LiveTV with XMLTV EPG and custom channel names.
InternetTV - (direct rtmp or strm support for 24/7 internet streams) no nfo's needed, custom channel and duration settings).
various tweaks to EPG, Overlay, and strm tweaks for PTVs other channel types..
Custom skin, with some new tweaks...

Final build is planned to include:

Auto live TV builder (supply xml of streams which will build automatically one stream per channel).
TVDB/TMDB support for added EPG info and art, also adds trakt support.
Full channel configurations from within PTV (EZ Channel setup).
I've been anxiously waiting for a beta/stable release of this, hope your EPG fix works Lunatixz. I have all these strm files that can't be used in playlists and PTV was a great way of using these, and watching something new.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FORK] PseudoTV with LiveTV Channel Types2