EPG for SkyUK
I've decided to come back to TVHeadend after a couple of years with VDR.

Biggest issue I'm having is EPG with SkyUK.

I've tried a few different XMLTV scrapers that I've found around which seemed to work at first with every channel populated for a few weeks but now it seems like it's not pulling in all the data. Some channels full, some empty and some just with the broadcasted Now & Next.

Is there a known best method for the SkyUK EPG?
I can't answer your question.... but have a few for you.

What made you switch back to tvheadend, I can't decide wich one to choose, both have good channel change speed.

But for the rest, to me it seems that VDR still had the edge, dvbapi, easy channel management, tvheadend has no dvbapi support, a nightmare to manage channels, but it has a nice UI and subtitles are working.

Did you have working subtitles with VDR when watching live tv?
@Ant - try here, it's how I solved Freesat but it also includes a different grabber for Sky:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128578

(2012-09-30, 20:46)ocram Wrote: I can't answer your question.... but have a few for you.

What made you switch back to tvheadend, I can't decide wich one to choose, both have good channel change speed.

But for the rest, to me it seems that VDR still had the edge, dvbapi, easy channel management, tvheadend has no dvbapi support, a nightmare to manage channels, but it has a nice UI and subtitles are working.

Did you have working subtitles with VDR when watching live tv?

I was totally pro-VDR until I moved into a new apartment.

Channel management is easier for me on VDR. I'd rather edit a few lines in a .conf file rather than use the web UI.

It is in fact a previous issue I had with TVHeadend which made me change to it.

Basically, I have a dual tuner and TVHeadend doesn't handle multiple tuners as well as VDR. New apartment only has one satellite output and this meant VDR struggled with selecting which tuner to use. With TVHeadend I have just assigned the channels/services to one tuner that is connected up.

Fairly sure camd.socket/dvbapi is available on TVHeadend. I just use newcamd via oscam, but that's probably not for discussion here!
(2012-09-30, 21:22)Prof Yaffle Wrote: @Ant - try here, it's how I solved Freesat but it also includes a different grabber for Sky:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128578

Thanks for the link. That's what I did originally which seemed to work but isn't now. I guess I'll try it again.
All,

OpenTV/Sky UK EPG support is now included in latest code and I'm about to make a post about beta phase. So please read that and IM me if you need any help getting things working.

Adam

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG for SkyUK0