[Request] Video menu
I realise there is little chance of this before freeze but I'm thinking of replicating the OSD menus. Audio and Subtitles should be fine but I was wondering if it would be possible to get any of the Video ones in?
Zoom is already available of course. I'm thinking:
Brightness
Contrast
Vertical Shift

Are probably the most useful to add.

Anyone else think these would be useful? Personally, I've not used any of them but they must be there for a reason Smile
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
No chance of this going into Frodo and also not much chance of getting them in after that either for at least two reasons:
  • These settings and their options/values are platform and hardware dependent so it's very difficult to describe them in a JSON schema
  • The code in xbmc responsible for handling settings changes is very GUI-oriented which makes it almost impossible to access and change settings from anywhere else. It's not impossible but has a few very ugly side-effects like when e.g. having that dialog open and changing one of the settings through JSON-RPC, the changed setting in the dialog is not updated (neither visually nor logically in the state of the dialog). If you then go to that setting and change it, weird things can happen (depending on the type of the setting etc)

The second reason is a general issue with our settings implementation and needs to be address rather sooner than later but it's a huge task.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks for the info. It's just that menu is looking a little sparse with only zoom so I was thinking what /might/ be useful.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
Actually IIRC Player.Zoom et. al. only work for slideshow and not for videos (but I could be wrong).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] Video menu0