Suggestion/Request Music Subartist+"Linked" Album
Music 
Hi,

many artists in bands have Side or Solo projects so far, each of them has its own Folder in artist view, so far so good but most of them have only 1-3 albums so artist view get pretty full with Folders that ave only 1 or 2 albums.
One way to hadle it would be to name them after the original band but i think of this a pretty unelegant solution sinc Glenn Frey albums ARE Glenn Frey and not the Eagles, same with Steve Perry and Journey ....

My idea is to create Subartist the system recognizes them by the artis tag of the song where u have Band Seperator Albumartist
would look like The Eagles // Glenn Frey or Journey AAA Steve Perry.
When XBMC would stuble on that Tag it would create a Glenn Frey "Subfolder" inside the The Eagles "Folder" in the Music Database and shows it the same way in the Artist view= u get Glenn Frey albums by opening The Eagles and then Glenn Frey INSIDE The Eagles.

Another nice addition would be the possibility to "link" albums to an second artist without having to have them on your harddrive twice for exampl i have an album Kimball/Jamison (Bobby Kimball- TOTO/Jamie Jamison -Ex Survivor)
adding an extra folder for 1 album- bad idea i think- so add the album to the Bobby Kimball or the Jamie Jamison folder?

The idea i have would be one similar to the Side project one with another seperator in the tag you would create a album Link Bobby Kimball -- Jamie Jamison or Bobby Kimball BBB Jamie Jamison so the and the database scraper would recognize the seperator and would put the album - despite the fact its only on the harddrive once- twice into the databse so it would show up in the Bobby Kimball Folder AND the Jamie Jamison folder.

What do you think?

Greetings
Omni
Push - since the original post is pretty old and wanna give ppl a chance to read both ideas together

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestion/Request Music Subartist+"Linked" Album0