OpenDML AVI containers not working
maybe this can help:
i've been using autogk for producing "fast and dirty" divx movies, lately - this proggie writes opendml avis that play nice in my pc but show *evident* video stuttering whenever played back with *any* of the latest (since jan 15) xmbc builds (but, hey, these always *work* or, better said, never hang xbox up!Wink

more info: even changing the container media (to matroska, for example)  via avimux-gui gives no relief at all (same video stuttering, quite evident with camera side-panning and flyby's)
i'd enclose a gspot "50kb excerpt" but right now i'm with no ftp space available (blame my lame isp!Wink ... anyone?
(babaz @ feb. 26 2004,23:45 Wrote:changing the container media (to matroska, for example)  via avimux-gui gives no relief at all (same video stuttering...)
then your specific problem is not ralated to opendml, opendml is a container and that's what xbmc don't support without
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
gamester17 check your pm i have sent you a url to where you can get an example of a non-working opendml.

if necessary i might also be able to round up some funds for him to mod his xbox if it'll get the problem solved.  Image
i've already manged to arrange for free x2pro modchip to be shipped to tilmann if he want (no reply yet). we still need more samples though.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
sending you a pm to a url with more examples. all are rather large files though...
(gamester17 @ feb. 27 2004,12:45 Wrote:
(babaz @ feb. 26 2004,23:45 Wrote:changing the container media (to matroska, for example)  via avimux-gui gives no relief at all (same video stuttering...)
then your specific problem is not ralated to opendml, opendml is a container and that's what xbmc don't support without
again gamester, this could be interesting
we have these:
xvid-24062003-1 _alpha_ release (koepi, rather popular build)
mp3 vbr (around 128kbs) 48khz
avi opendml container

afaik these should be pretty "common" settings but still the playback is stuttering inside xbmc (not on my pc!Wink
anyway, i'm aware this could be ot for this thread... if so, please sorry
(babaz @ feb. 28 2004,22:34 Wrote:afaik these should be pretty "common" settings but still the playback is stuttering inside xbmc (not on my pc!Wink
anyway, i'm aware this could be ot for this thread... if so, please sorry
yes, it's off-topic beacuse you said you converted opendml to mkv and got same problem, thus problem is the contense and not the container
another 'victem' of the opendml bug (or at least i think so, he didn't provide details) => http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=2064

tnx gamester Smile but the link seems not to work (links the forum root...)
yep, that would be me.

movie files just don't play, when i select them, xbmc appears to lock (although i can still access the ftp server). everything worked fine is build 02-01 and xbmp2.4, but not xbmc 02-12. tried running everything default, no changes to xml, but they just don't play.
hi stokkes,
are u saying having problems with opendml in genaral or with autogk generated .avi's Huh
maybe we shoudl start a thread just for this issue, it's more and more not linked to opendml ... as i can see (infact my files can be played back, let alone the stuttering)
i really don't know if it's opendml or autogk .. just movie files don't play at all..

it's not like they start and then stutter, they just don't start at all, xbmc stays "frozen" at the movie listing screen once i press select on the remote to select the movie. again, everything worked fine in 02-01 and xbmp 2.4

stokkes
btw, how would i find out what my avi files are? opendml or autogk? i'm not the one who made them.
just use a nifty utility like gspot
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

gives u everything
so what about your experience with autogk?
thanks for the quick replies.. i installed gspot, the avi's are indeed opendml xvid's with ac3 audio.

these don't play at all..

as for autogk, sorry to say that i don't have much experience with any of this stuff..

i'm going to attempt to compile the latest cvs to see if that fixes the problem. just have to wait until tomorrow to get vsnet from work as we have a license there.

stokkes
(babaz @ feb. 29 2004,19:08 Wrote:are u saying having problems with opendml in genaral or with autogk generated .avi's Huh
maybe we shoudl start a thread just for this issue, it's more and more not linked to opendml ... as i can see (infact my files can be played back, let alone the stuttering)
@babaz, again, the specific problem you are seeing is not related to the opendml bug this thread is for, please start a new topic instead

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenDML AVI containers not working0