Playback or capture issue?
I've been trying to archive some recordings from my Dish receiver using a Hauppauge Colossus card. The recordings seem to play ok on my older PC, but do not play well at all (stuttering, out of sync, continuous dropped frames) on my XBMC machine (Zbox ID-41). I'm experienced with the Colossus card, but am using the basic settings for capturing. I'm trying to figure out where my issue lies - something in my XBMC playback settings (I have tried various options with syncing to display, etc.) or something wrong with my capture (in which case I'll head to a different forum for answers).

I recorded a 30 second sample. Here's the MediaInfo output for that file: Link. Here's my debug log while trying to play that clip: Link.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Anyone?
I think it's something to do with the ts media container and XBMC not knowing if the hardware decoder can handle it or not, so it defaults to software decoding, even though the hardware decoder should be able to handle it. I think.
Thanks. I have tried to remux it into an mkv container, but I get the same playback issues.
I'll bet it's interlaced h246 and the deinterlacer uses too much cpu, try a different on.
Maybe you did this already, but just in case. I had a very similar experience and it was one small issue I overlooked when I had to re-install my system. The LAN port, is the Jumbo Framerates set to the highest? I had mine on 1514k (default) and my movies stuttered and were out of voice sync. Not that this is the problem, but just something to mention.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback or capture issue?0