Frodo nightly from 2nd October crashes at startup
Hello all,

I've been running Frodo nightlies from nathan-renniewaldock repository with live-tv addon for a couple of weeks and it's mostly been working fine, but since the nightly update yesterday xbmc is crashing at startup. Tonights build didn't fix this either. Startup screen shows for a second and then it crashes back to the desktop. Have been searching the forums and bug-tickets but havn't found anything similar for now so here is my input.

crash log here:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9777

regards,
Martin
try to remove script.module.simple.downloader
Did you upgrade PVR add-ons
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Tried to remove script.module.simple.downloader but it still crashes on startup but at a different place this time:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9780
Have not upgraded PVR add-ons... guess I should have thought of that. Will make a new build and report back. Thanks!
building new PVR add-ons did the trick. Thank you very much Martijn!
is there a way to disable the pvr functionality with a --disable-pvr or something flag to configure? seems like most users aren't going to need it.

what do you mean by building new pvr addons - is that not just part of the default build? never noticed any addons we specifically have to build other than script.module.pil

i've had pretty flaky builds since about the 29th september, around when we moved from alpha6 to alpha7, can't see what would have caused it in git, but often xbmc starts but doesn't display anything other than the blue wallpaper and the pointer is stuck; also movie scraping doesn't seem to work (get the "looking for new content" and "compressing database" but no progressbar and nothing is found).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo nightly from 2nd October crashes at startup0