Req Allow Addons to Offer "Featured" Content to Skinners
I have found that my use of Kodi has evolved and I am accessing addon content much more these days. In fact, addons have become much more core to my experience and one of my primary tools for discovering new content. That said, I would love to see the following functionality made available to enhance the discovery process:
1) An addon to announce and share featured content with Kodi (Movies, TV Shows, Pics, Music, Programs/Addons, etc)
2) An easy way for a skinner to present a list of available featured content options, via settings, for eg that allows a user to select one or more sources, each tied to a content type (Movie, Music, Video, TV Show, Picture, Live TV Channel, Radio Station...)
3) An easy way for a skinner to access and display the content in a flexible way - on the home screen for eg

An example of how this might work:
Currently Confluence gives a user the ability to display recently added Movies, recently added TV Shows, etc on the home screen. It would be nice if this level of content interaction was made available to addon developers and skinners. So, if a user has the youtube addon installed they should be able to specific that they want the youtube featured videos to be displayed on the homescreen, at an appropriate time (associated with the video menu option, for eg), assuming the skin supported the feature of course. As a bonus, it would be nice if the user could specify multiple featured sources to be displayed and specify how they are presented. So, if a user has the youtube addon and the crackle addon installed they can choose to display:
- the first 5 youtube featured videos followed by the first 10 most featured crackle videos OR
- display 6 youtube featured videos and 12 crackle featured videos mixed together (youtube1, crackle1, crackle2, youtube2, crackle3, crackle4, youtube3...)

This functionality could also be extended to other types of lists, depending on what an addon was able to offer - favourites, recently added items, queued items, etc.

It would also allow for the potential of replacing top level menu options or adding custom menu options, if the user/skinner chose to do so, such as:
- have the top level tv shows menu option launch tv show submenu from hulu, have the top level movies menu option launch crackle's movies submenu, etc. OR
- A skinner could choose to add a user specified On Demand option for TV, Movies, Music, etc...

I hope that makes sense... I think this feature would allow for addons to more tightly integrate with Kodi and really enhance the user experience.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allow Addons to Offer "Featured" Content to Skinners0