• 7(current)
Release ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<
I gave sourcetree a try... and it's too much for me. It scared me more than "the Shining"...Confused

Now trying to use native github with a little mod to be able to sync with dropbox-(internal work) BitBucket-(private repo) and github(public release).

But I probably will be dead trying to set it up!!!!

what do you mean the unarchiver? Can it compress too?
Cause my problem is that If I compress any addon (even tried surely working ones to double check) with the Mac.. then install from zip in XBMC returns an Incorrect Addon structure - If I compress the same Addon on a PC... installs fine. HuhHuh

Thanks!
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
(2012-11-11, 12:21)fastcolors Wrote: I gave sourcetree a try... and it's too much for me. It scared me more than "the Shining"...Confused

Now trying to use native github with a little mod to be able to sync with dropbox-(internal work) BitBucket-(private repo) and github(public release).

But I probably will be dead trying to set it up!!!!

what do you mean the unarchiver? Can it compress too?
Cause my problem is that If I compress any addon (even tried surely working ones to double check) with the Mac.. then install from zip in XBMC returns an Incorrect Addon structure - If I compress the same Addon on a PC... installs fine. HuhHuh

Thanks!

3 repos? I would personally go with only 1. You can play with it locally (working) just don't push changes until you're satisfied.

I use Forklift for compressing to ZIP, The Unarchiver works only for decompressing. Not sure what's the problem with internal ZIP but maybe it should be reported in order to get it fixed by the devs.

I've set up repo in terminal and use SourceTree for tracking, pushing and reverting changes afterwards.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

The incorrect structure with zipping with a Mac not our problem. It's an Apple problem.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-11-11, 14:54)Martijn Wrote: The incorrect structure with zipping with a Mac not our problem. It's an Apple problem.

Is there a good will from XBMC side to "fix" or "workaround" this since this "broken" zipper is de facto standard on OS X.

I'm not aware of a problem with it anywhere else, which is not to say that problem is on XBMC side, just that it likely won't get fixed by Apple.

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-11-11, 15:36)pecinko Wrote: Is there a good will from XBMC side to "fix" or "workaround" this since this "broken" zipper is de facto standard on OS X.

I'm not aware of a problem with it anywhere else, which is not to say that problem is on XBMC side, just that it likely won't get fixed by Apple.

I'd say I agree... Apple not likely to give a ........
...but we do have Bootcamp! Cool Windows 7 is going to be the biggest Zipping Program I ever installed. ahahahhahha.

Nevermind this getting fixed... But maybe somewhere on the wiki should state how addons zipped natively by OSX won't install... it would avoid many headaches.

@Martijn:
Anyway Thanks for countless hours of audiovisual enjoyment. W XBMC!! I love it.. ZIP or no ZIP. Smile
Image Image
ALPHA 3 coming. this Afternoon. C.E.T. need a couple more testers if you will.
Image Image
as always would love to test Alpha 3 for you keep me in mind
Thanks
me too:-)
(2012-11-12, 13:34)fastcolors Wrote: ALPHA 3 coming. this Afternoon. C.E.T. need a couple more testers if you will.

I can test with Mac mini MacOS Mountain lion XBMC FRODO
Installed repo
It says Add on has been marked as broken in repository, both the skin and widgets
Is there a fix?

Does it not work on Eden anymore, I have not updated to Frodo yet
Tested and i have to say this is very stable and really good. Will there be any more options to show artwork or different views?
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround

Thanks.

Eventually there might be addition of an extra view, but I'm trying to keep it on the simple side of life. So the plan is: less customization more stability...

..but I'm open to suggestions!!

Wink

@dallasnight I will send you the zip file so You can manually add the zip. I am pretty shure Eden is the Issue since I moved almost all the tags & requires to Frodo.

Watchlist will definitely be broken in eden as well as some of the views are gonna do some funny stretchings... but You can give it a spin nevertheless.
Image Image
Hi,

thanks for great work;-)

a few things during my test:

- on each section there is the name of the actually used xml-file in the upper left corner
- around the "recently added" Videos on the home screen there is a small black border
- what abaout your opinion to make the icons on home screen a little bit smaller?
- is there an option planed to configure the home menues an the media shelf manually? (like Q3?)

Thanks and best regards,
Peter
@ Peter911

- xml file show is debug option - it's off in the new update

- black border is actually DVD case. Wink

- home icons for now are Apple Style.. if I move away from AppleTv clones I might change them up. (don't know yet)

- Shelf can be customizable as far as What is displayed - No option for custom image.

Thank you!

testers:

ALPHA 4 is up.

If anyone want in on testing speak now or forever hold your peace. Big Grin

@Toiva : check watchlist and let me know (PM)

@scrolling : check System Audio settings and let me know too. Wink (PM)
Image Image
(2012-11-13, 15:26)fastcolors Wrote: testers:

ALPHA 4 is up.

If anyone want in on testing speak now or forever hold your peace. Big Grin

Hey I'd be interesting in testing this on my ATV2 Smile I like the idea of a streamlined look'n'feel.

Chris
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<19