• 57(current)
Release ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<
(2017-01-30, 09:01)Iceman03 Wrote: thanks for the reply, i should've stated this in my original post but i am more concerned in applying the tweak to my
own local content not external add-ons. I figure that something like that may not be possible to do to add-ons but was
curious if it could be applied with my own stuff.

At the moment i was using the regular tv show section within my videos with my local tv shows to populate the list on
the shelf. (picture "C. what really happens when i try to implement" is my own local content)

So let's say if i wanted to apply the tweak to just my own movies/tv shows from the videos section rather than add-ons.

I will mess around with the xml files and see what happens.

thanks!

I'm confused, because highlighting TVSHOWS what you should see is this:

and the skin has an option to show fanart instead of thumb... so I don't know why you getting posters instead :-(

can you screenshot the whole screen?

edit... Now that I take a closer look... are U sure You're using sio2 skin? doesn't really look like it.
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
(2017-01-30, 11:50)fastcolors Wrote:
(2017-01-30, 09:01)Iceman03 Wrote: thanks for the reply, i should've stated this in my original post but i am more concerned in applying the tweak to my
own local content not external add-ons. I figure that something like that may not be possible to do to add-ons but was
curious if it could be applied with my own stuff.

At the moment i was using the regular tv show section within my videos with my local tv shows to populate the list on
the shelf. (picture "C. what really happens when i try to implement" is my own local content)

So let's say if i wanted to apply the tweak to just my own movies/tv shows from the videos section rather than add-ons.

I will mess around with the xml files and see what happens.

thanks!

I'm confused, because highlighting TVSHOWS what you should see is this:

and the skin has an option to show fanart instead of thumb... so I don't know why you getting posters instead :-(

can you screenshot the whole screen?

edit... Now that I take a closer look... are U sure You're using sio2 skin? doesn't really look like it.

Yea i wasn't using your original skin, what i was using was a schismtv build. Sorry about that...

I went ahead and installed your skin, but still having similar problems

This is what it looks like right now:

Which is much closer to what i'm trying to achieve...

This is with the enabled fan art option turned on, i can change the fan art and it updates on the front shelf panel, and
it displays the content in the proper horizontal display dimensions but this seems to only be available when displaying
"recently added episodes" nothing else.

If i edit the tv shows icon and link the item to tv shows then it will just display it in the standard format:

Is it possible to have the tv shows section only display "fanart" as the default shelf view rather than posters?

Which xml files contains that "recently added episodes" code/view etc? Maybe i can tweak something there?

thanks again
Hi,

First of all thanks for the great skin. I have some questions about things I miss in this version.
Is it possible to have fanart 3 back? I loved the view but can't find it in your new version.
Is it also possible to show the labels of the menu items always?

Thanks.
Big hello to all fans of SiO2 skin! I just discovered this skin and have to thank fastcolors for excellent work!!!
Keep up with your work! The skin is perfect! Kodi never been so beautiful until now! Thanks again!!!
(2017-02-02, 17:50)blazinramirez Wrote: Hi,

First of all thanks for the great skin. I have some questions about things I miss in this version.
Is it possible to have fanart 3 back? I loved the view but can't find it in your new version.
Is it also possible to show the labels of the menu items always?

Thanks.

Sio2 never featured a fanart 3 view... and I'm sorry but at the moment I'm not planning in adding different views, I'd like to finish the cloning of ATV4 Gui and fix a few issues sio2 still has (a couple of unfinished windows)

as for the labels always visible, that could be a user enabled option i'll introduce, sbut so far I've been cloning the ATV4 behaviour, and labels are only shown on itemfocus.
Image Image
Great update but it seems you took the shelf shortcut out of the menu in the customizer, can you add that back please or if its there how do I add it back to my homescreen
Thanks
(2017-01-30, 19:30)Iceman03 Wrote: hat i was using was a schismtv build. Sorry about that...

I went ahead and installed your skin, but still having similar problems

This is what it looks like right now:

Which is much closer to what i'm trying to achieve...

This is with the enabled fan art option turned on, i can change the fan art and it updates on the front shelf panel, and
it displays the content in the proper horizontal display dimensions but this seems to only be available when displaying
"recently added episodes" nothing else.

If i edit the tv shows icon and link the item to tv shows then it will just display it in the standard format:

Is it possible to have the tv shows section only display "fanart" as the default shelf view rather than posters?

Which xml files contains that "recently added episodes" code/view etc? Maybe i can tweak something there?

thanks again

give THIS build a spin and let me know if it works better for you (this is probably going to be pulled into master soon)

edit.. that works for some use cases, but not for yours i believe... :-(

may I ask you why You want all the tv shows on shelf? I mean once you highlight tvshows you're 1 click away from entering navigation if the tv shows, and having them on shelf would still be 1 click (up).. not really making navigation any faster..
Image Image
(2017-02-04, 20:04)fastcolors Wrote:
(2017-01-30, 19:30)Iceman03 Wrote:

give THIS build a spin and let me know if it works better for you (this is probably going to be pulled into master soon)

edit.. that works for some use cases, but not for yours i believe... :-(

may I ask you why You want all the tv shows on shelf? I mean once you highlight tvshows you're 1 click away from entering navigation if the tv shows, and having them on shelf would still be 1 click (up).. not really making navigation any faster..

I don't know, i just really like seeing stuff on the shelf. I guess is just eye candy for me lol. I like to create tabs for movies, tv shows, sitcoms, cartoons etc. and then use fanart on some and poster display on others... i like the option to be able to turn it on and off. Plus the fanart always seems to be much better looking in that wide format than regular standard posters .

For example, like the Arctic Zephyr skin (start around :47 where i go into the interface menu):

I got what i was looking for by tweaking the code. Honest to god i have no idea what i was doing since it's my first time playing around with code but through google, you pointing me in the right direction and the kodi wiki i got much much closer to what i wanted. The only problem is that it still displays "recently added episodes" at the top and the feature is only available when i click the "common>tv shows" item lol. But it does just displays tv shows horizontally and their titles. I just don't know enough to actually set it up properly where i can turn it on and off or display it for any other item on my video library.

Check it out:

That really is my only request for this skin, other than that everything else is pretty cool.
Everything is looking good fastcolor nice work so far can we see the three poster options integrated as an option to select for ( tv shows )
movie poster and square poster also the fan art idea sounds great also close to the real thing it would be nice if you could make it possible Smile

everybody using dev version will probably have to reset all settings to default... and as soon as the update hits repo everyone else will have to.. too.... sorry ;-)
Image Image
Got a silly question here. I was trying to install an add-on using "Install from zip file" Where can I find the Add-on browser menu?
HTPC: Apex MI-008 | Foxconn H67S | Celeron G530 | G.SKILL 4GB | Crucial 64 SSD| Arctic Cooling | PicoPSU-160-XT
(2017-02-13, 02:01)scrolling Wrote: Got a silly question here. I was trying to install an add-on using "Install from zip file" Where can I find the Add-on browser menu?

App store > Kodi Add-on system > (down) > install from zip

:-)

if your App store icon doesn't work... please try resetting all skin setting to default!

cheers!
Image Image
can the shadows under the home icons be made wider they look to small like if I were to pick up a physical object I would expect the shadow cast to be the same size as the object it really throws the look off makes it look like a computer simulation. i like the broad field mod of tvosx because the zoom animation had the delay from focused to unfocused so the unfocused icon would set back to position slowly like the atv can the zoom be made to slowly set back the icons (home apps, tv show posters, movie posters) same with Icon views and video info.
Hey guys,

Thanks heaps for all the hard work on this skin.

Just wanting to know if it is possible update the icon repo with all the icons rather than just the extra ones?
(2017-03-12, 06:15)Rumble Wrote: Hey guys,

Thanks heaps for all the hard work on this skin.

Just wanting to know if it is possible update the icon repo with all the icons rather than just the extra ones?

definitely doable, and in fact was already done just get the git dev version here:

https://github.com/fastcolors/resource.i...sio2.icons
Image Image
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<19