• 24(current)
HOW-TO Compile Tvheadend & HDHomerun on Synology NAS
I can certainly try to make packages blindly, I don't have HDHR. But it is inconvenient. I can advise to do it under Debian, and check how it works. In this case tvh and HDHR have to work under Debian. See my post #308 and do the following:

http://www.silicondust.com/support/hdhom...ads/linux/

I just did it. Everything was installed, but can't verify it works or not.
(2014-03-25, 11:09)aisman Wrote: I can certainly try to make packages blindly, I don't have HDHR. But it is inconvenient. I can advise to do it under Debian, and check how it works. In this case tvh and HDHR have to work under Debian. See my post #308 and do the following:

http://www.silicondust.com/support/hdhom...ads/linux/

I just did it. Everything was installed, but can't verify it works or not.

Hmmm, I myself don't have debian running anywhere. So not sure how to do it then.:-(
this is mine:

[ 169.010000] Em28xx: Initialized (Em28xx dvb Extension) extension
[ 169.570000] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_ttusb2
[ 170.790000] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_dib0700
[ 173.090000] usbcore: registered new interface driver tbsdvbc

so that not much...DVBlink is still working and giving an image on every selected FTA channel.

But thx aisman for have a look at this...and you are right not all that bad...Sometimes a little frustrating Wink....As I'm not that of an expert in all of this.
(2014-03-25, 11:16)Smiggel Wrote: Hmmm, I myself don't have debian running anywhere. So not sure how to do it then.:-(

I have provided full instructions. Its very easy. But it should be done on 5.0
aisman, I will try if can follow you post and instructions on Post308. But first I need to get a ubuntu VM but that can be done with live stick...But what about my info your question run the command... Give it any sens?
(2014-03-25, 11:22)gebruikerh Wrote: this is mine:

so that not much...DVBlink is still working and giving an image on every selected FTA channel.

But thx aisman for have a look at this...and you are right not all that bad...Sometimes a little frustrating Wink....As I'm not that of an expert in all of this.

Ok, at night I'll try to make package for testing.

(2014-03-25, 11:29)gebruikerh Wrote: aisman, I will try if can follow you post and instructions on Post308. But first I need to get a ubuntu VM but that can be done with live stick...But what about my info your question run the command... Give it any sens?

you don't need VM, I'll give you debian for arm. Will update this post.

UPD: updated, start from item 6.
Ok thx already for your effort! looking forward to it and we try againWink
new tvh-3.9.438 for arm
(2014-03-25, 11:30)aisman Wrote:
(2014-03-25, 11:22)gebruikerh Wrote: this is mine:

Ok, at night I'll try to make package for testing.

(2014-03-25, 11:29)gebruikerh Wrote: aisman, I will try if can follow you post and instructions on Post308. But first I need to get a ubuntu VM but that can be done with live stick...But what about my info your question run the command... Give it any sens?

you don't need VM, I'll give you debian for arm. Will update this post.

UPD: updated, start from item 6.
Maybe I don't understand but isn't this for TVHeadend only, how about HDHR drivers?
Can't see why running TVH under debian chroot does make HDHR drivers work and not when running it from package.
Correct me if i'm wrong.

Edit:
For some reason i can't download debian archive from Box, TVH package downloads just fine.
(2014-03-25, 17:13)schumi2004 Wrote: Maybe I don't understand but isn't this for TVHeadend only, how about HDHR drivers?
Can't see why running TVH under debian chroot does make HDHR drivers work and not when running it from package.
Correct me if i'm wrong.

Edit:
For some reason i can't download debian archive from Box, TVH package downloads just fine.

As I understand it now, there are no specific drivers for hdhr. Maybe it's already included in dvb-core.ko, and yet we need a library libhdhomerun.so. Now try to make a package.
@schumi2004 and others

I completely forgot about the curl. Don't download tvh until I'll update the post.

UPD: updated package
(2014-03-25, 17:30)aisman Wrote: As I understand it now, there are no specific drivers for hdhr. Maybe it's already included in dvb-core.ko, and yet we need a library libhdhomerun.so. Now try to make a package.

I use this package/driver for my HDHomerun at the moment with DSM 4.3: http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic....90&t=55075

With that driver installed I can use TVHeadend.
@Smiggel could you please contact me via goole-talk

nickname the same in this forum
@gebruikerh

Please, try the first package for testing. It would be better to use a new tvh-3.9. Be careful, the old settings оf 3.4 will not work with tvheadend 3.9. (backup settings before)

remove dvblink or tvstation, remove tvheadend, reboot. Install hdhr-package, and then tvheadend.
(2014-03-25, 23:57)aisman Wrote: @gebruikerh

Please, try the first package for testing. It would be better to use a new tvh-3.9. Be careful, the old settings оf 3.4 will not work with tvheadend 3.9. (backup settings before)

remove dvblink or tvstation, remove tvheadend, reboot. Install hdhr-package, and then tvheadend.

Really curious how it's gong to work out and if the new driver fixes the problem of the old driver.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO Compile Tvheadend & HDHomerun on Synology NAS1