Linux New to XBMC and very frustrated :'(
Hi, this is the first time I have tried xbmc and I am having some really annoying issues. Please help me if you have time.

I have installed xbmc on an Arch linux system, with an nvidia card plugged into the tv via hdmi.
My main problems are audio not working consistently and random lockups and crashes of xbmc. I just installed the normal stable release of it from the arch repositories. Here are the issues I am struggling with:
1. When it locks up the mouse will not even move. I have to switch to a console vt and kill the xbmc process and restart the x server to get it back.
2. If I add all my sources it will crash while scanning and then never finish scanning. When I get it to scan successfully by slowly adding one source at a time, it will still not have all my media. For example, it will have the folder for the show Firefly, but none of the episodes are in there. My media is mounted as an nfs share within this filesystem and works perfectly other than through xbmc.
3. Audio has been a pain in the but to get working. I actually had it working perfectly last night by specifying custom hw:0,7 in the audio settings but now today it is not working again. All onboard audio is disabled and the only audio devices I have enabled is the nvidia hdmi one. Sound is very staticy when kde plays audio for some reason. Any pointers would greatly help. None of the hdmi/alsa/pulseaudio tutorials I have found have worked at all.

Is xbmc just still at the point where it is still pretty unstable? Or am I missing something.
xbmc.log so we don't have to guess which version you might be running.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to XBMC and very frustrated :'(0