Question from a noobie
I recently gave refocus a try. So far I really like the skin. I love the TV show and Episode views. They look simple, yet impressive.

The only thing I have a question about is movie views. The thumbnail view only allows a max of maybe 10 movies at a time. This is good for if you have a handful of movies on a smaller display. But I have over 400 movies. It is a little restrictive to only show 10 movies at a time.

I'm wondering if there is any way to have a thumbnail view that takes more advantage of the screen and displays more titles.
Not sure what you mean... My thumbnail view shows 12 movies at a time... And if I change it to thumbnail 'small grid' I get 15 movies at a time.

This is something I LOVE about refocus. All other skins with thumbnail views try to cover the screen with thumbnails, and it makes them so bloody small that it become pointless because even laying in bed, a couple of feet from the tv you can't see them properly.

I have over a thousand movies... Not an issue for me. I have it sorted via 'date added - descending' so all new stuff is at the top. Then if I feel like watching something else, I switch sort methods and spend a couple of minutes browsing...

And it's a PLEASURE browsing, and faster because I can clearly see and read the titles on the thumbnails, as oppose to the tiny tiny thumbs you get with other skins.

Just my two cents. It'll grow on you.

And to be honest, 12 movies on a screen is actually more then some 'list views' you get on other skins... Work that one out! Haha

Loggio.
The size when you switch it to small grid would be perfect. But really what i'm asking is just for the entire screen to be thumbnails instead of having a description off to the right. If I want more details on the movie, i can just view it in info mode.

I'm not trying to say what works for you, i'm saying what would work for me. In the medium aeon thumbnail view I can view 44 titles at a time. With hdmi and a crystal clear 1080p signal, I can view each thumbnail in detail (so can my dad, who's in his late 60's). The thumbnails actually appear to be about the same size as the ones in the 'small grid' view, however, there isn't as much empty space all over the screen.

I'm not suggesting to take away any current viewtypes. Because it's apparent that a lot of people like yourself enjoy it. I'm just letting you know what is keeping me from switching from other skins.
I don't think it would fit the style of the skin, given it's simplicity.

However, maybe you can convince Paul Salem to see if he can include a view like you describe in his mod 'Refocus Big' as i don't think Jeroen (original creator of ReFocus) is actually working on this anymore... At least he hasn't in a long time anyways.

Cheers,
Loggio.
I'm reFocus noob too and probably i'm missing something. The only view type i have in music folders is a List, both in files and libruary mode. Is it suppose to be this way?
(2012-10-07, 21:38)rockstartower Wrote: The size when you switch it to small grid would be perfect. But really what i'm asking is just for the entire screen to be thumbnails instead of having a description off to the right. If I want more details on the movie, i can just view it in info mode.

I'm not trying to say what works for you, i'm saying what would work for me. In the medium aeon thumbnail view I can view 44 titles at a time. With hdmi and a crystal clear 1080p signal, I can view each thumbnail in detail (so can my dad, who's in his late 60's). The thumbnails actually appear to be about the same size as the ones in the 'small grid' view, however, there isn't as much empty space all over the screen.

I'm not suggesting to take away any current viewtypes. Because it's apparent that a lot of people like yourself enjoy it. I'm just letting you know what is keeping me from switching from other skins.

You could easily mod this yourself.
Edit viewicon.xml on line 90 to something around 1200.
Edit myvideonav.xml on line 435 and comment (place <!--- before and ---> after) the whole part where <control type="grouplist" id="1000"> is active (so from line 435 to 527).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question from a noobie0