Bug no pvr clients have been started yet
I've just upgraded to Raspbmc RC5 on my raspberry pi, and I've encountered a bug when using an android or iphone remote. Whenever I select any option with my remote, a warning pop-up appears with the text "No PVR clients have been started yet", and returns my selection to the star in the bottom left corner. Even when I use the keyboard to select Videos for instance, the same error appears.

But if I turn off the iphone remote, the keyboard works again.

I do not use Live TV, and this error did not occur in Raspbmc RC4.

Sam Nazarko suggested that I'd bring this bug to your attention.

Forum post
cant replicate with OpenELEC r12055 (http://sources.openelec.tv/tmp/image/openelec-rpi/) on android
greetings, Stephan

Seneca - ensure that you have disabled the livetv manager in settings.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I have disabled Live TV Mgr in my settings and I am getting the exact same error.
Hi getting the same error here.
OpenEleec 2.0
using aeon nox 3.6.1
any help?
I also have exactly the same issue, using 2.0 of openelec - and again, it only impacts the XBMC remote.

I looked into it a little bit, and it seems to occur because the XBMC remote uses the HTTP API which I think is deprecated now? For example, when I use the "OK" button, it is sending a "sendkey" value of 256. I guess because its deprecated now, the response from XBMC is not guaranteed, and this just happens to be the result.

The other remotes I've used are using the JSON interface though, so until the XBMC remote is updated I think I'm gonna have to suck it up and use another remote to control my media center.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no pvr clients have been started yet0