ref skin
I download the modefied skin back row, but were do I place the folders to see the new modification of the skin? Have look through the xbmc folder but cannot find a skin folder?
Oh that was just answered recently here's Kiboy6's post:

(2012-09-29, 08:37)kiboy6 Wrote:
(2012-09-29, 03:36)zijin_cheng Wrote: Hey man, the skin's folder isn't there, I searched in the addons folder and its not there,

Are you looking in the installation directory? It won't be there. You will find the skin's folder (skin.back-row) in the addons folder in the following location (dependng on your platform):

Android: Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/

iOS/ATV2: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/

Linux: $HOME/.xbmc/

Mac OS X: /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/

Windows Vista/7: Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\

Windows XP: Documents and Settings\%userprofile%\Application Data\XBMC\

hope that helps Smile
Again new to this, but I downloaded the latest Backrow by clicking on the link DOWNLOAD LINK (Eden Version). It downloaded skin.back-row.rar and I placed it in my skin.back-row directory following the Windows 7 configuration. Not sure what to do from here or even if I'm doing the right thing at all.
That sounds like you've done it right to me. If you can select the skin via the settings\appearance menu then all's correct.
So, just to be 100% clear I need to have the file here:
Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin.back-row\addons\skin.back-row.rar

Ok, so I've done that but how does XBMC know about it to grab that file and override what comes with the standard Back Row skin associated with XBMC's Add-ons? The reason I think I've done something wrong is I don't see any of the newer skin versions of Back Row that you've shown in the documentation.

As you can infer from my directory selection above, I'm on Windows 7. When I go to select which version of the skin view I want in the Movies section, I can't figure out what key I need to press to get the menu up. I did it once by accident, but changed the view and now can't get that menu up. For reference, on the Confluence skin, I could go all the way to the left to the little icon of a tab, click on it, and the menu would appear.

Could you describe exactly how to bring this menu up?

Thanks a lot.
You would extract the folders from the rar file and place them here:

Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.back-row\

Just to reiterate - It wouldn't be:

Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.back-row\skin.back-row\

Now also remember to only use the Eden version of the skin with the Eden version of XBMC, the Frodo version of the skin with the Frodo version of XBMC etc...

To answer your other question what you are wanting to do is to bring up the, let's call it, "view changer menu" from within the movie library section of XBMC. In Back Row you can access this menu using a keyboard or a remote control (it's not designed to really work with a mouse or touch screen). You do this on a keyboard by pressing the directional arrow keys or with a remote the up, down, left, right buttons. You move in the direction oppossite to how the view scrolls. For a vertical list you would move left or right to bring up the menu, for a horizontal list you would move up or down to bring it up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ref skin 0