• 2(current)
Req Teletext Subtitles
(2012-10-23, 16:54)jdembski Wrote:
(2012-10-23, 12:43)Leatherface Wrote:
(2012-10-22, 23:25)Memphiz Wrote: Because of teletext subtitles is so damn oldschool that there is not much demand. What prevents you from using the subtitle addon instead and get real subtitles on demand? Or doesn't your htpc have any internet connection?
Because many channels in sweden for example use Teletext subtitles and addons lika Vu+/Enigma2 doesn't have Teletext subtitle support so i have to use Teletext plugin and manually go to subtitle page.

Sorry Leatherface, but why do you keep stating that there is no Teletext support in VU+ / Enigma2? Smile

If I activate subtitles in the audio preferences then I got subtitles - but I never checked whether they are in sync. Actually I'm not aware of any teletext-related functions in the PVR-API, so I don't know what to do here. The addon just provides the stream URL to XBMC.

Maybe this would be fixed if the addon would provide the raw MPEG-TS stream like the mediaportal / fortherecord addon. Unfortunately I still do not fully understand how I could do this. Too bad that the PVR-Demo-Addon didn't have that functionality when I first started programming the addon Wink

@dushmaniac: Isn't that a generic use case (providing the raw MPEG-TS stream through either a file or an network stream)? - i.e. isn't it possible to encapsulate that in a helper class that can be shared amongst all the addons? That way people with very limited coding skills (like me) could make use of it + less there would be less code duplication.
Well i have nothing there maybe it works for DVB subtitles but not for Teletext subtitles.
And yes there is support for Teletext because tvheadend (HTS PVR addon) have Teletext subtitles and worked for me atleast in Eden.

Part of HTSPDemux.cpp file in HTS

else if(!strcmp(type, "DVBSUB"))
{
uint32_t composition_id = 0, ancillary_id = 0;
htsmsg_get_u32(sub, "composition_id", &composition_id);
htsmsg_get_u32(sub, "ancillary_id" , &ancillary_id);

m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].iCodecType = AVMEDIA_TYPE_SUBTITLE;
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].iCodecId = CODEC_ID_DVB_SUBTITLE;
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].iIdentifier = (composition_id & 0xffff) | ((ancillary_id & 0xffff) << 16);
HTSPSetDemuxStreamInfoLanguage(m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount], sub);
}
else if(!strcmp(type, "TEXTSUB"))
{
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].iCodecId = CODEC_ID_TEXT;
HTSPSetDemuxStreamInfoLanguage(m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount], sub);
}
else if(!strcmp(type, "TELETEXT"))
{
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].iCodecId = CODEC_ID_DVB_TELETEXT;
}

Part of VNSIDemux.cpp file for VDR PVR addon

else if(!strcmp(type, "DVBSUB"))
{
const char *language = resp->extract_String();
uint32_t composition_id = resp->extract_U32();
uint32_t ancillary_id = resp->extract_U32();

m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].iStreamIndex = m_Streams.iStreamCount;
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].iPhysicalId = index;
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].iCodecId = CODEC_ID_DVB_SUBTITLE;
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].strLanguage[0]= language[0];
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].strLanguage[1]= language[1];
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].strLanguage[2]= language[2];
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].strLanguage[3]= 0;
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].iIdentifier = (composition_id & 0xffff) | ((ancillary_id & 0xffff) << 16);
m_Streams.iStreamCount++;

delete[] language;
}
else if(!strcmp(type, "TEXTSUB"))
{
const char *language = resp->extract_String();

m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].iCodecId = CODEC_ID_TEXT;
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].strLanguage[0]= language[0];
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].strLanguage[1]= language[1];
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].strLanguage[2]= language[2];
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].iIdentifier = -1;

delete[] language;
}
else if(!strcmp(type, "TELETEXT"))
{
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].iCodecId = CODEC_ID_DVB_TELETEXT;
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].strLanguage[0]= 0;
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].strLanguage[1]= 0;
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].strLanguage[2]= 0;
m_Streams.stream[m_Streams.iStreamCount].iIdentifier = -1;
}

So yes support for Teletext is there but all PVR addons needs support for it.
But not sure if teletext was synced there or not have to check that some day.
You can check ffmpeg (libavcodec/libavformat) sources also it's there you can find the support for Teletext.
It's not the streams fault either because exactly same stream gives me working Teletext subtitles with VLC for example without manually go to that page.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
My mistake then. It would be interesting to know why XBMC doesn't support teletext subtitles for http .ts streams, like the ones from the vuplus addon. Maybe a bug?

@Leatherface: If you try to play a .ts recording, does XBMC show the teletext subtitles?
Yes if i use 'v' and manually go to teletext page.
Playing a little with less cache makes it little better but still out of sync and differ depending on which channel i am watching.
The reason for not supporting Teletext in Enigma2 addon is because no support in the addon.
He need to do something like in HTS and VDR addons otherwise it will not support Teletext.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
(2012-10-24, 12:52)Leatherface Wrote: Yes if i use 'v' and manually go to teletext page.

I was talking about "true" subtitle support: showed on the subtitle submenu. I bet that playing a recording with VLC shows them.

Quote:The reason for not supporting Teletext in Enigma2 addon is because no support in the addon.

There is nothing he can do. The vuplus addon sends the full non-demuxed ts stream to XBMC and that's the reason I think is an XBMC bug.

(2012-10-24, 13:27)Uukrul Wrote:
(2012-10-24, 12:52)Leatherface Wrote: Yes if i use 'v' and manually go to teletext page.

I was talking about "true" subtitle support: showed on the subtitle submenu. I bet that playing a recording with VLC shows them.

Quote:The reason for not supporting Teletext in Enigma2 addon is because no support in the addon.

There is nothing he can do. The vuplus addon sends the full non-demuxed ts stream to XBMC and that's the reason I think is an XBMC bug.
Explan why it works with VLC with exatly same stream then with borg recordings and live stream.
What his plugins does it streaming from Enigma2's webinterface and it does same thing as VLC does and it works with VLC.
And what Webinterface streams is what comes in the box.
In XBMC it doesn't work with ts recordings either.
Only way to get subtitles is with 'w' and manually go to subtitle page both with recordings and live stream.

(2012-10-24, 20:59)Leatherface Wrote: Explan why it works with VLC with exatly same stream then with borg recordings and live stream.
What his plugins does it streaming from Enigma2's webinterface and it does same thing as VLC does and it works with VLC.
In XBMC it doesn't work with ts recordings either.

That's because the recording and the ts streamed by the Enigma are exactly the same file. That's the reason I said it's an XBMC bug and I thought at first that XBMC didn't support teletext subtitles because I never got them working without using the teletext function.
Yes maybe it's a bug i don't know anything about that but all PVR addons still need support for Teletext subtitltes.
Take a look in VDR and HTS addons and you wioll see some Teletext stuff there and if you take a look in Enigma2 PVR addon there is no support at all for that in the code.

(2012-10-24, 23:08)Leatherface Wrote: Take a look in VDR and HTS addons and you wioll see some Teletext stuff there and if you take a look in Enigma2 PVR addon there is no support at all for that in the code.

As jdembski already said, there is nothing he can do about that. The vuplus addon sends the url with the http stream to XBMC while those other addons send the streams demuxed. The question here is to know if XBMC can handle teletext subtitles from an untouched ts stream.

You should open a ticket with a bug report and a recording sample and see if elupus can throw some light on the matter.
technically not a bug, but a feature request. but a sample would be nice.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
If i know where to send a sample i could do it. I already tried the ticket thing but after it got closed after 1 minute or so i posted here instead.
Someone else that know how to make a proper ticket for this can do it.
Well displaying Teletext subtitles is a feature yes but Telelext 2-3 seconds before the video/audio i see as a bug.
But if Teletext subtitles selection is fixed i don't see the other problem as a big problem anymore.
But still whatever happens in XBMC code Enigma2 need support in some way to handle Teletext streams.
Otherwise VDR and HTS addons would not need that either.

(2012-10-25, 10:26)Leatherface Wrote: But still whatever happens in XBMC code Enigma2 need support in some way to handle Teletext streams.

Please, for the nth time: Enigma2 sends the url with the http stream to XBMC, period. You can repeat your above statement a thousand times but it won't change that fact.

I know that and it does the same to VLC also and there it works.
But i think you missunderstand me a little.
Even if it will be fixed and there is proper support in XBMC the addon need to support it also so i guess it need to fixed in both XBMC code and addon.
That's what i ment.
How do i send a sample from a TS recording?

(2012-10-25, 12:53)Leatherface Wrote: I know that and it does the same to VLC also and there it works.
Even if it will be fixed and there is proper support in XBMC the addon need to support it also so i guess it need to fixed in both XBMC code and addon.
That's what i ment.

You just don't know what you are talking. If the demuxing of the teletext subtitle stream is done properly in XBMC then everything is fine.

Why do you keep comparing VLC with the PVR addon? The part that VLC seems to do correctly is done by XBMC in this case, not the addon.

(2012-10-25, 12:53)Leatherface Wrote: How do i send a sample from a TS recording?

You could use one of those popular one-click-hosters and post the link inside the trac ticket.
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
If the addon don't need any Teletext support why does HTS and VDR addons have Teletext stuff in their plugins then?
Look in them and see yourself.
But i am not saying you guys are wrong that XBMC need a fix first before you can do anything.
But ok it seems to be a bug with streams then because Teletext works fine with HTS PVR addon in XBMC or atleast did with a earlier version.

(2012-10-26, 09:45)jdembski Wrote:
(2012-10-25, 12:53)Leatherface Wrote: I know that and it does the same to VLC also and there it works.
That's what i ment.

You just don't know what you are talking. If the demuxing of the teletext subtitle stream is done properly in XBMC then everything is fine.

Why do you keep comparing VLC with the PVR addon? The part that VLC seems to do correctly is done by XBMC in this case, not the addon.

(2012-10-25, 12:53)Leatherface Wrote: How do i send a sample from a TS recording?

You could use one of those popular one-click-hosters and post the link inside the trac ticket.
I posted here because the ticket thing didn't work for me.

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Teletext Subtitles2