Confluence Frodo Backgrounds
A lighter weight skin was needed for use on the embedded platforms I believe, but not sure why they couldn't have gone for lite on embedded & full fat elsewhere for those of us with decent hardware.
I'm working on a let's say fat version...
Basically it's my old MOD (see signature) written from scratch based on the latest Confluence...
And this version will also have this feature...
Basically you can have the default Confluence plus separate backdrops
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Glad to hear that! Any ETA?
Hopefully next weekend
Any news?

EDIT: I see there's something on your blog... have to take a look at it.
@LennyX:
See here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=147628
Nice of mad-max to make a MOD but WOW I can't believe they took the feature out.
(2012-11-07, 15:49)KookaBoy Wrote: I agree with josch.hh and hope that it will be reimplemented in Frodo. I really enjoyed the different background menu images and multi-image menu backgrounds in Eden. Maybe an option to enable/disable the multi backgrounds for users that want to save on resources could be a solution.

Ditto. Here looking for an appropriate alternate skin. So far found that the mod confluence is not recommended for ATV2? Hybrid is thus far too overwhelming!
Use my mod then.
(2013-02-25, 21:00)toiva Wrote: Use my mod then.

Thanks a lot. Just tried it. It's nearly perfect for my needs. Two things missing so far, (or maybe I'm just overlooking?)

1. Last.fm support (as in the mad max modded confluence)
2. Some way for Music to go to file browser. I don't index my music in the library (too big).

Thanks.
1) I thought all LastFM related stuff was taken out of XBMC core? Which part of LastFM are you talking about, scrobbling, radio? As i don't use it i haven't followed it's status really.

2) You can define what view is opened when you click the music menu, check the skin settings.
Thanks. I think you are right about last.fm. Investigating. You can still set account in music settings for scrobbling. And mad max confluence mod 2 skin has default last fm options under music. There I can still get info from my account (stats and such), but can no longer play the radio.
(2012-12-21, 16:27)Megatron Wrote: Nice of mad-max to make a MOD but WOW I can't believe they took the feature out.
2nd that. Just installed Frodo and can't believe the nice backgrounds were gone. I understand the reason for the change but at least give a "heavy background" option in the Settings..
I'll 3rd (?) that Big Grin

Will try Mad Max's mod later, but still a shame the feature was taken out completely from the standard Confluence. Options options options...
I like it's just one background now, though I guess options would be nice. I don't really think it's regression. Before I always felt I "had to" change the TV/Moive backgrounds regulary because it got too boring to see e.g. the 300 fanart on the Movies section all the time. Now I've just changed to a "digital art" background, kinda like the one that comes with XBMC. I found tons of good ones at Wallbase.

I think Confluence is the best skin overall. I've tried all the custom skins and I don't really get how they all manage to make IMO so horrible ones compared to Confluence.

Lol, I was just going to write that someone should just take the Confluence skin and add tons on customization and there's "Confluence Customizable Mod" at the top. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence Frodo Backgrounds0