OS X Assertion not released in window mode
I have XBMC running on my macMini all the time. It is mostly running in window mode throughout the day so that I can do other tasks on the mac but still control the Music module remotely via the smartphone apps.

I understand that XBMC ignores the OS power settings when running in full screen mode and that makes sense to me.The problem I have is that XBMC would never release its assertion (pmset -g assertions) in window mode, even when nothing is playing. That prevents the mac from going to sleep when idle at night which is a waste of energy that I would like to avoid.

I clearly want the assertion to be in place during playback to prevent the mac from falling asleep. But when nothing is playing and XBMC is in window mode, then the assertion should be released so that the mac can happily go to sleep after the system idle timeout has expired. That is my understanding of how assertions should work.

Am I getting this wrong? Has anyone else experienced this problem? Can this be classified as a bug or would it be a feature request?
* davilla rolls the 'which version this might be' wheel.
tick tick tick tick tick tick

Horay we have version 5!
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I am running XBMC 11.0 Git:20120321-14feb09
Anyone??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Assertion not released in window mode0