• 29(current)
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets
(2013-04-13, 12:32)toiva Wrote: I don't think you are missing anything. You should be able to achive what you want with script.randomandlastitems and a smart playlist, but you probably already knew that.

Actually I didn't Wink
but that way users should make more work than just switching a setting.
I see (personally) more useful to add a toggle (which could also easily be triggered in skin specific settings) than to have to create playlists on all machines and setup script.randomandlastitems to point at said playlist...

I'm just trying to make it easy on final users...
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
(2013-04-13, 14:10)fastcolors Wrote:
(2013-04-13, 12:32)toiva Wrote: I don't think you are missing anything. You should be able to achive what you want with script.randomandlastitems and a smart playlist, but you probably already knew that.

Actually I didn't Wink
but that way users should make more work than just switching a setting.
I see (personally) more useful to add a toggle (which could also easily be triggered in skin specific settings) than to have to create playlists on all machines and setup script.randomandlastitems to point at said playlist...

I'm just trying to make it easy on final users...
The problem with that is, everyone wants something different. Everyones idea of what isn't appropriate for children is different. Violence, nudity, the rating, genre, whatever. It becomes impossible to add dozens of options. Instead, developers give you tool and let you decide. Besides, making a smart playlist takes a whopping 15 seconds.
(2013-04-13, 18:56)Vaikin Wrote: The problem with that is, everyone wants something different. Everyones idea of what isn't appropriate for children is different. Violence, nudity, the rating, genre, whatever. It becomes impossible to add dozens of options. Instead, developers give you tool and let you decide. Besides, making a smart playlist takes a whopping 15 seconds.

well... I disagree, otherwise it would be a waste also to have recent items, you could make a playlist for that, and you could make playlists for everything. Most people using final software don't even understand making a smart playlist.. adding the option to widgets is 4 lines of code in fact here it is:

Code:
def _fetch_info_recentitems(self):
        a = datetime.datetime.now()
        if __addon__.getSetting("recentitems_enable") == 'true':
            self.RECENTITEMS_UNPLAYED = __addon__.getSetting("recentitems_unplayed") == 'true'
            self.RECENTITEMS_UNRRATED = __addon__.getSetting("recentitems_unrrated") == 'true'
            self._fetch_movies('RecentMovie')
            self._fetch_tvshows('RecentEpisode')
            self._fetch_musicvideo('RecentMusicVideo')
            self._fetch_albums('RecentAlbum')
            b = datetime.datetime.now()
            c = b - a
            log('Total time needed to request recent items queries: %s' % c)

def _fetch_movies(self, request):
        if not xbmc.abortRequested:
            json_string = '{"jsonrpc": "2.0",  "id": 1, "method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovies", "params": {"properties": ["title", "originaltitle", "playcount", "year", "genre", "studio", "country", "tagline", "plot", "runtime", "file", "plotoutline", "lastplayed", "trailer", "rating", "resume", "art", "streamdetails", "mpaa", "director"], "limits": {"end": %d},' %self.LIMIT
            if request == 'RecommendedMovie':
                json_query = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('%s "sort": {"order": "descending", "method": "lastplayed"}, "filter": {"field": "inprogress", "operator": "true", "value": ""}}}' %json_string)
            elif request == 'RecentMovie' and self.RECENTITEMS_UNRRATED and self.RECENTITEMS_UNPLAYED:
                json_query = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('%s "sort": {"order": "descending", "method": "dateadded"}, "filter": {"field": "mpaarating", "operator": "isnot", "value": "Rated R"}, "filter": {"field": "mpaarating", "operator": "isnot", "value": "Rated R"}}}' %json_string)
            elif request == 'RecentMovie' and self.RECENTITEMS_UNPLAYED:
                json_query = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('%s "sort": {"order": "descending", "method": "dateadded"}, "filter": {"field": "playcount", "operator": "is", "value": "0"}}}' %json_string)
            elif request == 'RecentMovie' and self.RECENTITEMS_UNRRATED:
                json_query = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('%s "sort": {"order": "descending", "method": "dateadded"}, "filter": {"field": "mpaarating", "operator": "isnot", "value": "Rated R"}}}' %json_string)
            elif request == 'RecentMovie':
                json_query = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('%s "sort": {"order": "descending", "method": "dateadded"}}}' %json_string)
            elif request == "RandomMovie" and self.RANDOMITEMS_UNPLAYED:
                json_query = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('%s "sort": {"method": "random" }, "filter": {"field": "playcount", "operator": "lessthan", "value": "1"}}}' %json_string)
            else:
                json_query = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('%s "sort": {"method": "random" } }}' %json_string)
            json_query = unicode(json_query, 'utf-8', errors='ignore')
            json_query = simplejson.loads(json_query)

then, given this tool you can decide if you want to use it or not.
I don't necessarily agree with the rating system, nor support it, nor live on US soil.
But I think it's a quick way to exclude movies "generally" considered as inappropriate for children. Then again I don't care if my brother kids come over and watch movies with whopping language, nudity, sex, whatever... but i'm not Everyone. Wink

anyway since this is Martijn's project, I'll leave to him to choose. If this makes it in, good , if not ... still good.
Widgets is a great script anyways. Wink

Thanks.
Image Image
(2013-03-29, 20:25)Hitcher Wrote: This is a separate thing to the default 'Recently Added Movies' part of XBMC core.

Videos > Recently Added Movies

I see that I never thanked you for your response. Thank you.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
It s way more lines than that.
You need to add settings, string, retrieve the options, compare results and so on.
If some one wants it they are free to add it themselves but for now i have no interest in adding it.
and also if they don't want everything listed they should create separate profiles to begin with. very simple Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-04-13, 19:51)Martijn Wrote: It s way more lines than that.
You need to add settings, string, retrieve the options, compare results and so on.
If some one wants it they are free to add it themselves but for now i have no interest in adding it.
and also if they don't want everything listed they should create separate profiles to begin with. very simple Smile

ok, Thanks.

since I'm gonna try to add it, what do you mean by compare results? compare with what? Isn't it just a filter on the same JSON results? Angel
Image Image
You may need to filter out more than rated r I mean since there could be more ratings
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I hear you.
I was only gonna filter off R rated, since I guess it's the really really really bad looking stuff Wink
I do agree that having a "positive filter" for all kinds of ratings would be massive and pointless.

Thanks . Me do like widgets very very very much. Wink
Image Image
Also there are other countries so you can't just use R, you have to include ratings from all countries in the world. Would be much easier if skin widgets could fetch the items based on a smart playlist and/or custom video node.
(2013-04-13, 21:29)`Black Wrote: Also there are other countries so you can't just use R, you have to include ratings from all countries in the world. Would be much easier if skin widgets could fetch the items based on a smart playlist and/or custom video node.

Other countries not using MPAA rating system??
..keep it quiet or they'll Nuke us!!!
Image Image
I hope this is in the right thread. It's been a few days since this occurred: when I play something through the widget (movie or tv show) it isn't removed after it is finished from the widget as it used to do. I have the "update each time you enter the home screen" option enabled. It is only after I update the library that the watched items get removed from the widgets. Is it a skin issue (aeon nox)?
(2013-04-16, 21:36)cyberman Wrote:
Quote:I hope this is in the right thread

Same for me Smile
I am using Aeon Nox as skin and there is a setting called "random movies" as menu background. I hope my question fits in this thread:

Currently the random background only switches between 5 random movie posters. Then it repeats. After a reboot/ the next day 5 "new movie backgrounds" are chosen and shown.

Is it possible to increase this number to e.g. 30? My girlfriend an I sometimes after watching a movie just sit there in front of the TV and try to guess, what the name of the movie is, that is shown as background. Thats a nice game, but 5 movies is not that much Smile Smile

Maybe you could give me a hint, where to look for in the source?

Unfortunately, there is no way to change that setting. It's Interesting that you've counted 5, as I've counted 8 fanart pics?

What you could do is install Slideshow Screensaver add-on and change the screensaver timer to a minute or so. Then choose the fanart as the source. You could also create a SimplePlaylist slideshow and make the selection to watch it at will.

This is the one I use. There is even an option to include the file name.
[Release] Slideshow Screensaver

Or this one:
[Release] Plugin Slideshow Screensaver
next nox version will have 20 different fanarts.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Wonderful to hear that you're addressing this!

I'm assuming you can't make it user defined or unlimited due to memory or caching issues if too many fanarts are displayed?
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets8