• 32(current)
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets
<visible>IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(RecentAlbum.1.Path))</visible>

Thats your problem as albums have no path. Look here for available properties.
Awesome! Thanks Black.
bit(ten) skin (Thread) (Project Site)
metroTV skin (Thread) (Project Site)

Addon keeps listing watched music videos even though i've set it only to show unwatched items. Can anyone confirm? I've tried with and without the setting that triggers refresh on home screen entry.

http://pastebin.com/fzBjQx1G
Hello. Im using the Gotham Betas and skin.widgets always gives me an error. This only seems to happen on Android. I cannot find any error message in the logfiles though. Is there going to be a specific version for Gotham/Android?
(2013-08-06, 20:35)AlmostSerious Wrote: Hello. Im using the Gotham Betas and skin.widgets always gives me an error. This only seems to happen on Android. I cannot find any error message in the logfiles though. Is there going to be a specific version for Gotham/Android?

Known issue which I can't do anything about. Just need to be patient
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Is there a check/property available so that skinner knows what has user selected in settings - episode thumbs or season posters?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Feature request

I can avoid whole bunch of visibility checks if script would clear properties in case feature is turned off in widgets settings.

For example - clear Window(Home).Property(RecommendedMovie.1.Title) in case recommended items are off in widgets settings.

Any chance for this?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Also it would be nice the get the recommended to update after stopping/ending playback when refresh rate switching is enabled.

Would some sort of delay after playback stopping help? Probably not, someone would have done it already i guess.
Also

StringCompare(Window(Home).Property(SkinWidgets_RecentItems),true)

fails for me. Is there a technical reason not to use IsEmpty() check instead of slow StringCompare?

For example Window(Home).Property(SkinWidgets_RecentItems) is "true" when checked in widgets settings but is empty (instead of false) when not set?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

That's the way it's done. Just check with IsEmpty(...).
(2013-08-11, 16:12)`Black Wrote: That's the way it's done. Just check with IsEmpty(...).

Could you lend me a hand here because I still don't get it. What should I check with IsEmpty ?

Window(Home).Property(SkinWidgets_***Items) are always non-empty for me - true/false. However StringCompare does not work for me.

Window(Home).Property(RecommendedMovie.1.Title) gets cleared on XBMC restart. So if I had recommended items selected in widget settings and decide turn them off, they would be still visible on the shelf as their properties are still there, until XBMC is restarted.

Do I need to put something in Home.xml except for

<onload>SetProperty(SkinWidgets_RandomItems_Update,true)</onload>

wiki does not mention anything else.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Will fix the cleaning on settings change
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-06-22, 15:59)esk1 Wrote:
(2013-05-29, 01:18)esk1 Wrote: I've got a question for using these widgets with mysql db. I did a search and saw someone talking about a refresh timer on like page 36 but it didn't really explain what i wanted to know. I have multiple boxes that sit on the main page most of the time. I use them probaly once a day except for my main box which gets a lot of use. How do I get the other boxes to periodically update so that I don't have to go to another menu, or start a show and come back to get the skin widgets to refresh? Something like every 30 min or every hour would be fine, I just want them to refresh periodically.

Theres gotta be more people using this widget with multiple XBMC boxes than me....

+1; would also like to see this. I wonder if the implementation thereof would/could be at the skin (not widgets) level, though? Just a refresh timer, like LibraryAutoUpdate or the like?

The other thing I'd love to see is support for episode suggestions for mixed-quality shows: I have some shows in both HD (for when on LAN) and SD (for when viewing via wifi on XBMC-iOS); and this breaks recommendations on TV shows since it treats the SD and HD versions independently: meaning watching, say, eps 1 and 2 of a given show in HD still 'suggests' ep 1 in SD; since that's technically the 'next-unwatched' episode. Favoring the HD versions (if both exist) would make most sense...

Freaken LOVE this addon: it belongs in Confluence!!
(2013-08-11, 16:26)Martijn Wrote: Will fix the cleaning on settings change

Thanks upfront!
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-08-11, 12:19)toiva Wrote: Also it would be nice the get the recommended to update after stopping/ending playback when refresh rate switching is enabled.

Would some sort of delay after playback stopping help? Probably not, someone would have done it already i guess.

Martijn, if i make this 2 line change to the code recommended movies are updating correctly even when refresh rate switching is enabled

PHP Code:
def onPlayBackEnded(self):

xbmc.sleep(5000)

self.onPlayBackStopped()

def onPlayBackStopped(self):
        if 
self.type == 'movie':

xbmc.sleep(5000)

self.action('movie'

Is it possible to detect if refresh rate switching is enabled and add a static delay if it is? Since different sets take different amount of time to make the rate change, good luck finding the correct value Tongue
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets8