• 40(current)
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets
(2014-01-25, 20:24)kreeturez Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 15:06)bthusby Wrote: I am proposing to make "next episode" for a TV show a little smarter.

Here are the two variants for "next episode" you often want:

- Oldest unwatched episode
- First unwatched episode after latest watched episode

Maybe each TV-show can remember what you did last time and change to that strategy (e.g. picking an episode before or after the last watched episode makes it decide its modus)

I'd love to see the latter!

XBMC's poor handling of content that's in both HD as well as SD (ie, duplicating it) means that if you have both and only watch the one, recommended just recommends that same ep again.

Your second suggestion would sort this out. If anyone's keen to implement this - I'd be very keen to help test!
Why would have both?
(2014-01-25, 21:09)Hitcher Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 20:24)kreeturez Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 15:06)bthusby Wrote: I am proposing to make "next episode" for a TV show a little smarter.

Here are the two variants for "next episode" you often want:

- Oldest unwatched episode
- First unwatched episode after latest watched episode

Maybe each TV-show can remember what you did last time and change to that strategy (e.g. picking an episode before or after the last watched episode makes it decide its modus)

I'd love to see the latter!

XBMC's poor handling of content that's in both HD as well as SD (ie, duplicating it) means that if you have both and only watch the one, recommended just recommends that same ep again.

Your second suggestion would sort this out. If anyone's keen to implement this - I'd be very keen to help test!
Why would have both?

Because I'm using XBMC on an iPad and don't have the wireless network throughput for HD content on it (no transcoding in XBMC!)

So I watch the SD version when on iPad, and HD when at a TV.
I use XBMC on ATV2 and it takes forever to go through a lot of the episodes and mark them watched manually after I have downloaded many seasons, and while I am midway through watching them from before.

Also sometimes I watch TV shows in two modi, I follow new episodes while I am re-seeing an older season.
The Real Skimshady
(2014-01-25, 21:47)kreeturez Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 21:09)Hitcher Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 20:24)kreeturez Wrote: I'd love to see the latter!

Why would have both?

Because I'm using XBMC on an iPad and don't have the wireless network throughput for HD content on it (no transcoding in XBMC!)

In that case why not separate them into their own folders (SD/HD) and only use SD for iPad and HD for your TV?

(2014-01-25, 23:52)bthusby Wrote: I use XBMC on ATV2 and it takes forever to go through a lot of the episodes and mark them watched manually after I have downloaded many seasons, and while I am midway through watching them from before.

Also sometimes I watch TV shows in two modi, I follow new episodes while I am re-seeing an older season.

Marking as watched from TV Show or Season level is much quicker. Wink
(2014-01-25, 23:52)Hitcher Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 21:47)kreeturez Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 21:09)Hitcher Wrote: Why would have both?

In that case why not separate them into their own folders (SD/HD) and only use SD for iPad and HD for your TV?

Yeah, this is actually a good idea.

bthusby's suggestion would make it unnecessary - but I may do this in the meantime.

Thanks, Hitcher ;-)
No problem, I did the same many years ago when I still used the Xbox for XBMC.
Hello
can someone help me with this problem http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1601222
The owner of the thread where i posted before, suggested me to ask here

thanks
This is a great little bundle...

I'm interested in getting the recommendation to work on my xbmc instance and am comfortable enough to try the customizations to Confluence myself, but does anyone know how the recommendation engine works? what does it use to base its recommendations?
I am currently using aeon MQ5 I have two music smart playlists (audiobooks and non-audibooks) that I have added to the main menu. The widgets will not populate when the smart playlist is set to 'artists' but it will populate if the smart playlist is set to 'albums'. Is this some sort of error on my part or a limitation of the plug-in?

Thanks for any help
Anyone had any luck getting .strm files working with this? It's brilliant, but hard to use when the majority of your library is composed of .strm files. I know it works fine with confluence mod but no such luck with xperience1080++
Hey, i know it was mentioned by mardup further up the page but i'm also wondering if its possible to get the 'in progress' widget for playlists to act in a similar way as it does for TV shows, this is how its currently showing for me:

which isn't even accurate, the in progress list is the same as the recently added list, which are neither recently added or partly watched. I've seen the complete episodes for all of those, I've even tried letting one play through to the end but it still doesn't disappear from the widget.
Hi. I think this may have been mentioned a few times before but I haven't spotted a solution to it. On my setup (Raspberry Pi running Bello theme) The skin widget integration works perfectly except in Random Movies, where every time some of the movie posters don't display (though the background art always works). I get exactly the same thing happening in Random Movies if using the Amber skin which makes me think it isn't skin specific.

I've had a look through the log but no errors jump out at me. Would really appreciate any feedback anyone is able to give.

I've pasted a debug file here: http://pastebin.com/rGZ5nJEw

Let me know if any further info is required.

Many thanks - Will
Hi, i read on page 1 that this script is based on randomandlastitem script,
So does it mean i can use it for say,
populating Ace's main menu with Last Action Movies, High rated (Rating>6) Sci-fi Movies ?
Can i use it the same way with randomandlastitem?
If I start video library update with JSONRPC It resets my tvshows episodes order. It's not working as expected (homeupdate not working) until killing or restarting XBMC.

Skin: Quartz 4.1.6
XBMC: Frodo
My options:
Code:
<setting id="plot_enable" value="true" />
<setting id="randomitems_enable" value="false" />
<setting id="randomitems_method" value="0" />
<setting id="randomitems_seasonfolders" value="false" />
<setting id="randomitems_time" value="10" />
<setting id="randomitems_unplayed" value="false" />
<setting id="recentitems_enable" value="true" />
<setting id="recentitems_homeupdate" value="true" />
<setting id="recentitems_unplayed" value="true" />
<setting id="recommended_enable" value="false" />
(2014-02-12, 03:09)queeup Wrote: If I start video library update with JSONRPC It resets my tvshows episodes order. It's not working as expected (homeupdate not working) until killing or restarting XBMC.

Skin: Quartz 4.1.6
XBMC: Frodo
My options:
Code:
<setting id="plot_enable" value="true" />
<setting id="randomitems_enable" value="false" />
<setting id="randomitems_method" value="0" />
<setting id="randomitems_seasonfolders" value="false" />
<setting id="randomitems_time" value="10" />
<setting id="randomitems_unplayed" value="false" />
<setting id="recentitems_enable" value="true" />
<setting id="recentitems_homeupdate" value="true" />
<setting id="recentitems_unplayed" value="true" />
<setting id="recommended_enable" value="false" />

I change my service.skin.widget with git version and everything working good.

I think better to update service.skin.widget package on xbmc repo with latest changes.
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets8