Bug Video Thumbnails
I've been trying to get the download path for video generated thumbnails without success.

VideoLibrary.GetEpisodeDetails returns no thumbnail, but Player.GetItem does..

VideoLibrary.GetEpisodeDetails:
Code:
{u'episodedetails': {u'thumbnail': u'', u'episodeid': 9966, u'label': u'Beirut i
s Back'}}

Player.GetItem
Code:
{u'item': {u'thumbnail': u'image://video@%2fmedia%2ftvshows%2fHomeland%2fSeason%
202%2fHomeland%20-%202x02%20-%20Beirut%20is%20Back.mkv', u'type': u'episode', u'
id': 9966, u'label': u'02. Beirut is Back'}}

Has anyone had success with the video@ urls?
IS this an auto-generated thumb?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Yea, I assume so.
Does VideoLibrary.GetEpisodeDetails return the proper thumbnail value after you played the item? Or does it always return an empty value?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Mmm... Now that you point at it, I don't think auto-generated thumbs show up in upnp, either...
if i play from XBMC ui the thumbnail is added in Player.GetItem. if i open player via json the thumbnail field in Player.GetItem is empty.
On both occasions the VideoLibrary.GetEpisodeDetails thumbnail field remains empty.
I just asked jmarshall and he told me that auto-generated thumbs are not stored in the database and cached. They are simply generated when needed. That's why they are not available through JSON-RPC and UPnP. Will see if it can be fixed somehow.
Ahh... Storing them might be quite a performance saver, especially for the likes of android/rpi.
They're stored in the texture database, as they're defined on a filename rather than a library item. Basically, at scan time they're not generated, so they're only generated when you browse the list (same with stream details).

There's two potential ways to fix this:

1. In the thumbloader, once we've generated a thumb, if it's a videodb item, add it to the video database rather than storing it in the texture database. I'm not sure if this will hit all cases though (e.g. if the thumb is generated while browsing files, rather than when browsing the library...)

2. Scan both stream details and generate auto-thumbs during scan.

I suspect both are required. i.e. update the db if we have a video db item to scan from the thumb generation/stream details job, and then call those jobs from the scanner.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sorry, I'm lost. You mean they are NOT stored in the texture db, right?
They are stored in the textures database.

JSON-RPC doesn't use that for art. That's another possibility for a fix though, though not something that's very pretty.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Sorry if it is documented somewhere, but could you summarize the use and differences between the art table and the texture db?

So far, what I understand:
- the art table stores url's as returned from the scrappers; apparently, generated thumbs are not referenced there but imported local .jpg/.png thumbs are.
- the texture db stores generated thumbnails and ..? How is it used?

You say that using the texture db for art wouldn't be pretty. Why so? It'd seem logical to me to store all art url's in the art table, whether they are remote, local or in the texture db...
The texture database only stores information for file items. i.e. items that aren't in libraries.

I agree that the ideal is for auto-generated thumbs to be placed in the video library art table.

I made a ticket for this a while ago: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13099 in case anyone was going to make another one.
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
Ah Ok, thanks for clarifying.
If you want, I can handle this but ETA would be end of next week at worst...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Thumbnails0