• 6(current)
Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside)
Commit - adds support for Container.TVShowThumb in video info dialog is broken.
Does the tmdb scraper fetch actor images for anyone? Seems that is doesn't work anymore. Using latest nightly.
@Hitcher: really strange. I'm using freshly compiled version and the tvdb scraper from jmarshall and have rebuild my entire library. Container.TvShowThumb works fine here, but I cannot get ListItem.Art(TvShowThumb) or Player.Art(TvShowThumb) to work.
Big Noid you're not alone Smile

<texture>$INFO[Player.Art(fanart)]</texture> --> empty

<texture>$INFO[Player.Art(poster)]</texture> --> empty

<texture>$INFO[Player.Art(tvshowthumb)]</texture> --> empty

<texture>$INFO[Player.Art(thumb)]</texture> --> empty

(2012-10-14, 20:19)Big_Noid Wrote: @Hitcher: really strange. I'm using freshly compiled version and the tvdb scraper from jmarshall and have rebuild my entire library. Container.TvShowThumb works fine here, but I cannot get ListItem.Art(TvShowThumb) or Player.Art(TvShowThumb) to work.

It works directly in episode view but not if you came from movies via the cast list - see below.

Movie info -

Select actor -

Container.TVShowThumb worked with Jonathan's previous commit -

but it no longer works.
Okay, can confirm Container.TVShowThumb is not working that way. Still dont get why you can show listitem.art(tvshowthumb) and player.art(tvshowthumb) and me and butchabay can't :S

EDIT:
Okay i get it...listitem.art(tvshowthumb) does work on episode level, just not on the levels you mentioned, because that commit is not working anymore. player.art(tvshowthumb) is always empty for me though
(2012-10-14, 15:23)`Black Wrote: Quick question... how do I have to name local art for movies? movie.tbn and poster.jpg doesn't work anymore, scraper uses online posters.

Edit:
Seems that moviename-poster.jpg is required for Art(poster) and moviename-thumb.jpg for Art(thumb). This is crap imo, why can't simply movie.tbn or poster.jpg scanned to both since they're the same for movies anyway?

Edit2:
Ok, got it now (you actually have to enable "movies are in separate folders..." now) but I think that thumb.jpg should also be set as Art(poster) if no extra poster.jpg is present. I don't want the same image twice.

If movies in separate folders is not enabled, then all art is <moviename>-<type>.(jpg|png). However, we also allow <moviename>.tbn for backward compatibility - set to "thumb". ListItem.Art(thumb) falls back to Listitem.Art(poster) should a poster image be available but no thumb available. Thus, I recommend just using the poster.

If movies in separate folders is enabled, then all art is <type>.(jpg|png). In addition, movie.tbn and folder.jpg are used for the "thumb" type for backward compatibility, as well as the all the art you get when movies in separate folders is not enabled (i.e. <moviename>-<type>.(jpg|png) + <moviename>.tbn). I think the filename ones take priority - these are what XBMC exports.

(2012-10-14, 15:23)`Black Wrote: Edit3:
The more I think about it, the more I wonder why Art(poster) is even available? Why not scratch that and have Art(thumb) only? The prefer poster setting in the tvdb scraper is removed anyway, so Art(thumb) is always poster. No need for Art(poster), it only causes confusion all over again. If I don't get the point, then someone explain it please. Smile

The theory is that you could conceivably have 3 separate images: A poster, a banner and a landscape style thumb for example. e.g. it doesn't necessarily make sense to use the same view for posters, album covers or episode thumbs.

But I'm open to yielding on this one - it doesn't worry me either way. My main idea is that the fallback should always be ListItem.Icon which uses ListItem.Art(thumb) if available, or ListItem.Art(poster), or ListItem.Art(banner), and finally ListItem.ActualIcon.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Quote:Episode poster can be set via the Video Info per episode but I think this is simply an oversight and will/should be removed.

I agree - I'll take it out.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Quote:Done some testing and you need to update the show info for Player.Art(tvshowthumb) to work.

Hmm, that shouldn't be the case - will see if I can repro.

Will look into switching Container.TVShowThumb/SeasonThumb to Container.Art for consistency (the previous ones will still work).

Container.TVShowThumb from the video info dialog is problematic, as the video and music info windows aren't media windows, thus the information is being grabbed from the underlying window. Thus, when you go from the cast list of a movie to the a tvshow, the underlying window will still be movies, thus you won't see the container art. As far as I can tell, this has always been the case (or at least has been the case for some time before my art changes).

You should be able to use ListItem.Art(tvshowthumb) though.

Cheers,
Jonathan

(2012-10-14, 23:28)jmarshall Wrote: The theory is that you could conceivably have 3 separate images: A poster, a banner and a landscape style thumb for example. e.g. it doesn't necessarily make sense to use the same view for posters, album covers or episode thumbs.

But I'm open to yielding on this one - it doesn't worry me either way. My main idea is that the fallback should always be ListItem.Icon which uses ListItem.Art(thumb) if available, or ListItem.Art(poster), or ListItem.Art(banner), and finally ListItem.ActualIcon.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks, I think I get it now. Smile
(2012-10-14, 23:45)jmarshall Wrote: You should be able to use ListItem.Art(tvshowthumb) though.

Empty. Confused
For episode or season items?

ListItem.Art(tvshowthumb) is working fine for me.

Yeah, ListItem.Art(tvshowthumb) seems to be empty if you switch to episode view via cast list. Also ListItem.Art(fanart) is empty in that case.
ListItem.Art(tvshowthumb) is also empty in recently added episodes
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside)2