• 7(current)
Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside)
(2012-10-14, 23:45)jmarshall Wrote: Will look into switching Container.TVShowThumb/SeasonThumb to Container.Art for consistency (the previous ones will still work).

Container.TVShowThumb from the video info dialog is problematic, as the video and music info windows aren't media windows, thus the information is being grabbed from the underlying window. Thus, when you go from the cast list of a movie to the a tvshow, the underlying window will still be movies, thus you won't see the container art. As far as I can tell, this has always been the case (or at least has been the case for some time before my art changes).

You should be able to use ListItem.Art(tvshowthumb) though.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Episode info via movie cast list -

So this is not in DialogVideoInfo.xml, but rather in VideoLibrary.xml ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-10-16, 01:53)jmarshall Wrote: So this is not in DialogVideoInfo.xml, but rather in VideoLibrary.xml ?

EDIT: Sorry must have been too early for me as I read your post wrong.

This is in DialogVideoInfo.xml.
Sure
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

The info labels are empty in DialogVideoInfo as well in that case.
Edited my earlier post as I read it wrong.

Anyway code for testing DialogVideoInfo.xml in Confluence - http://pastebin.com/pFPKJJRP

As before find a movie, select actor who has appeared in an episode and select episode.

Thanks.
It also works if you find a tv show and select an actor who appeared in an episode. Might be easier to find. Smile
(2012-10-14, 23:45)jmarshall Wrote: As far as I can tell, this has always been the case (or at least has been the case for some time before my art changes).

It was until your recent fix - https://github.com/jmarshallnz/xbmc/comm...4f7e3d157b
@JM Couldn't ListItem.DBID be used in DialogVideoInfo to get ListItem.Art(tvshowthumb)?
I found out what the problem was. Apparently its case sensitive now and it should be lowercase. I did see some commits about 12 days ago where it was mentioned that system.getbool is now case sensitive, but i didnt think it would touch the infolabels.
So Player.Art(TvShowThumb) doesnt work, but Player.Art(tvshowthumb) does.
Yes, everything has to be lower case for properties and art. Properties has always been this way I believe. Reason is that the use a map lookup, which is case-sensitive.

System.GetBool is actually case-insensitive. I could probably make this the case here as well by always lower-casing the returned string. Thoughts?

@Hitcher: Actually, that commit didn't allow Container.TVShowThumb - i.e. the commit message is wrong. Reason is that the Container.* stuff always comes from the parent window. It would have enabled ListItem.TVShowThumb, however.

(2012-10-17, 01:18)jmarshall Wrote: Yes, everything has to be lower case for properties and art. Properties has always been this way I believe. Reason is that the use a map lookup, which is case-sensitive.

System.GetBool is actually case-insensitive. I could probably make this the case here as well by always lower-casing the returned string. Thoughts?
If it slows things down then I'm ok with it as it is.
(2012-10-17, 01:22)jmarshall Wrote: @Hitcher: Actually, that commit didn't allow Container.TVShowThumb - i.e. the commit message is wrong. Reason is that the Container.* stuff always comes from the parent window. It would have enabled ListItem.TVShowThumb, however.

Ah right, so will that still work now then?
It *should*, yes Smile

And no, allowing mixed case properties wouldn't slow things down - we'd just lowercase them all on first read.

(2012-10-17, 01:18)jmarshall Wrote: Yes, everything has to be lower case for properties and art. Properties has always been this way I believe. Reason is that the use a map lookup, which is case-sensitive.

That's kind of strange as there are a lot of properties working uppercase/lowercase mixed: For example recently added

<texture>$INFO[Container(8000).ListItem.Property(Fanart)]</texture>

or

<icon>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(LatestEpisode.1.ShowThumb)]</icon>

We really should set all properties to lowercase ? Huh

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Supporting multiple image types - need input (test build inside)2