• 6(current)
[RELEASE] DailyMotion.com - Movies, TV, Music, User-Clips, 3D and Livestreams
I updated to the new version, but still cannot play any videos. This problem started a few months ago - before that everything was fine. Still using XBMC Eden here, maybe I'll see if Frodo works for me. Here's the relevant section of my log file:

http://pastebin.com/TMP0UKnF

Thanks for all of your addons, i particularly have gotten a lot of use from the Redbull plugin Smile
Just noticed that if I try to open a video several times in a row it will sometimes start playing. It takes a while because each time I try to play a video it takes about 20 seconds of "Working" before giving an error message. This happens the exact same way on my PC running 11.0 and my Android box running 12.0
2.1.0 seems to have fixed the issue with HD.
(2013-07-22, 01:37)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: v2.1.0 is now available via my testing repo:
- Fixed HD video playback
- Fixed livestream playback
- Fixed family filter

Please give me some feedback if everything is working again, so i can add it to the official repo.

Have fun, Smile
asde

Hi am on W7 64 and version 1.09 Dailymotion Addon and when i try to update i get a "dependencies not met" error Sad
(2013-07-24, 10:53)Guyver111 Wrote: Hi asde,

thx now everything seems to be working again.
I understand your standpoint about the download function,
but maybe you could tell us if any variable in your addon holds the URL in a browser kompatible form.

That way one could try to add that feature for oneself.

Regards,
Guyver111
(2013-07-24, 19:13)Gull Wrote: Well I am the one who originally requested AddonScriptorDE to include download function in this addon. On this issue I have a simple take and that is if I am gonna able to download anything from dailymotion.com website through a external download manager without breaking any rules of copyright then should'nt that make a good fair ground for including the download function into this wonderful addon of AddonScriptorDE.This my personal point of view and I could be wrong in this regard due to lack of understanding of the whole web copyrights phenomena, thanks.
Im also not very familiar with this stuff - so better stay on the safe side.
But i will find a simple solution for you (with an external download script), so you can easily add a download function to this and other addons.

(2013-07-25, 04:04)cptmarginal Wrote: I updated to the new version, but still cannot play any videos.
(2013-07-25, 05:40)cptmarginal Wrote: Just noticed that if I try to open a video several times in a row it will sometimes start playing. It takes a while because each time I try to play a video it takes about 20 seconds of "Working" before giving an error message. This happens the exact same way on my PC running 11.0 and my Android box running 12.0
This only happens to longer videos (movies). I also noticed this when i started writing the addon. Its a general xbmc issue.
You can try to adjust the timeout values via the advancedsettings.xml. But im not sure if you can fix it this way.
As you can see in your log, the plugin works fine and delivers the correct url. Its just xbmc having problems with some large stream files.
When you use google or the forum search, you will find several threads about this problem. This for example...
I couldnt reproduce this problem at the moment, even with videos longer than 1 hour. I would suggest you to open a new thread (or post it in an existing one related to your problem).

(2013-07-27, 09:31)pinelights Wrote:
(2013-07-22, 01:37)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: v2.1.0 is now available via my testing repo:
- Fixed HD video playback
- Fixed livestream playback
- Fixed family filter

Please give me some feedback if everything is working again, so i can add it to the official repo.

Have fun, Smile
asde

Hi am on W7 64 and version 1.09 Dailymotion Addon and when i try to update i get a "dependencies not met" error Sad
My testing-repo is frody only, sorry. I guess you are using eden? In general, my addons v1.* addons are eden - v2.* are frodo.
I will add the updated versions to the official eden/frodo repository this weekend...
AddonScriptorDE that would be really wonderful to see if such an external download script for download function could be created for this and other addons so we will be anxiously waiting for it, thanks.
(2013-07-27, 12:04)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: My testing-repo is frody only, sorry. I guess you are using eden? In general, my addons v1.* addons are eden - v2.* are frodo.
I will add the updated versions to the official eden/frodo repository this weekend...

Hi i have updated to Frodo and it's all good : HD videos play in HD Nod Thanks for your efforts and keep up the good work Tongue
(2013-07-27, 12:04)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2013-07-25, 04:04)cptmarginal Wrote: I updated to the new version, but still cannot play any videos.
(2013-07-25, 05:40)cptmarginal Wrote: Just noticed that if I try to open a video several times in a row it will sometimes start playing. It takes a while because each time I try to play a video it takes about 20 seconds of "Working" before giving an error message. This happens the exact same way on my PC running 11.0 and my Android box running 12.0
This only happens to longer videos (movies). I also noticed this when i started writing the addon. Its a general xbmc issue.
You can try to adjust the timeout values via the advancedsettings.xml. But im not sure if you can fix it this way.
As you can see in your log, the plugin works fine and delivers the correct url. Its just xbmc having problems with some large stream files.
When you use google or the forum search, you will find several threads about this problem. This for example...
I couldnt reproduce this problem at the moment, even with videos longer than 1 hour. I would suggest you to open a new thread (or post it in an existing one related to your problem).

Thank you for the reply and for your work in creating some great addons. I just came back to this thread to report that the problem only occurs with long videos, only to find that you already know this and have answered my question Smile
Hey would it be possible to add login to this addon so I can add videos to favorites or subscribe to users.
But best thing would be ability to download videos like in most other apps.
I see favorites in app but anytime I add anything to favorites via context menu it actually goes to xbmc favorites and not dailymotion.
(2013-08-03, 11:03)Kreten Wrote: I see favorites in app but anytime I add anything to favorites via context menu it actually goes to xbmc favorites and not dailymotion.
Favourites are for adding users/channels. You can do this via the "Add user to favs" context menu on any user. This is for using without a dailymotion account.

(2013-08-03, 11:03)Kreten Wrote: Hey would it be possible to add login to this addon so I can add videos to favorites or subscribe to users.
You can already access you personal stuff. Type in your dailymotion username via the addon settings.
Then you can view playlists, videos, users, subscriptions, ... But you have to create the playlists/... via the dailymotion site.

v1.1.1 / 2.1.1 is now available via the xbmc.org repo...
Geo tv has live feed of its news channel on dailymotion. However I cant get to play it. How do I go about doing that?
(2013-08-13, 06:02)fuzzy2001 Wrote: Geo tv has live feed of its news channel on dailymotion. However I cant get to play it. How do I go about doing that?
Do you mean this live feed? They are currently not streaming.
If online, it should be listed in the live section...
@AddonScriptorDE
for the external download script under linux you could take a look at "youtube-dl".
I tried to inegrate it in the dailymotion addon but didn't find a usable url to give to it.
(2013-08-13, 13:18)Guyver111 Wrote: @AddonScriptorDE
for the external download script under linux you could take a look at "youtube-dl".
Thanks...
I first wrote a small download script because SimpleDownloader did not worked very well for me.
Also i just wanted to post the code on how to integrate it in the addon yourself.

Now, i decided to directly integrate SimpleDownloader because it now seems to work fine (tested on different systems).
I will post a test version this evening - also with some other improvements...
v1.1.2 / 2.1.2:
- Changed default view
- Fixed encoding problem
- Added download function
- Added user-playlist browsing

Install from my testing-repo...
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] DailyMotion.com - Movies, TV, Music, User-Clips, 3D and Livestreams10