Naming convention not being respected
When I add a new movie to the database - the file names and scrape reflect what is in my settings however when I re-scrape an existing movie, my old naming convention is followed, even for the newly scraped files. 

There are 3 things i'm looking to achieve. 

1. Rename all my (already downloaded) image files to respect the new naming convention
2. Rename all my (already downloaded) trailers to the new naming convention
3. Have the new naming convention applied to all fresh movies added. 

3 is solved.

A further symptom of 1 not working correctly is the 'additional artwork' and and 'actors' folder I have asked it to create are not being created for rescans of existing movies. 

Can you think of anything that might be causing this. Many thanks in advance for your help.
(2021-02-02, 12:14)mbaker Wrote: When I add a new movie to the database - the file names and scrape reflect what is in my settings however when I re-scrape an existing movie, my old naming convention is followed, even for the newly scraped files. 

There are 3 things i'm looking to achieve. 

1. Rename all my (already downloaded) image files to respect the new naming convention
2. Rename all my (already downloaded) trailers to the new naming convention
3. Have the new naming convention applied to all fresh movies added. 

3 is solved.

A further symptom of 1 not working correctly is the 'additional artwork' and and 'actors' folder I have asked it to create are not being created for rescans of existing movies. 

Can you think of anything that might be causing this. Many thanks in advance for your help.
Sorry - another quick addition. 

The scraper is creating 2 nfo files for these movies, one named movie (desired name) and one mimicking the name of the move [name, date, resolution, sound]
Just to clarify:
Update movies ... just adds your files to the TMM database - nothing else done here.
Scrape ... will fetch metadata online
And only "rename" will change your filenames accoring your settings, delete/add files whatever is needed.

So, w/o knowing your settings, and w/o a logfile with a named example, it's hard to help you here....
You might wanna create a Bugreport from within TMM, which exports all the needed files for further investigation. (do so after a restart of TMM and after reproducing your issue once)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2021-02-02, 13:41)myron Wrote: Just to clarify:
Update movies ... just adds your files to the TMM database - nothing else done here.
And only "rename" will change your filenames accoring your settings, delete/add files whatever is needed.

So, w/o knowing your settings, and w/o a logfile with a named example, it's hard to help you here....
You might wanna create a Bugreport from within TMM, which exports all the needed files for further investigation. (do so after a restart of TMM and after reproducing your issue once)

Just for the sake of clarity - 

When running a scrape ... or a rename the output is inconsistent between movies. 

Some movies honour the new naming convention and settings and others use the other settings. Even when manually deleting files from the folder and rescanning I run in to the same issue. 

But it sounds like the bug report is the way forward so I will follow that process - thanks for your help.
(2021-02-02, 16:40)mbaker Wrote:
(2021-02-02, 13:41)myron Wrote: Just to clarify:

Just for the sake of clarity - 

When running a scrape ... or a rename the output is inconsistent between movies. 

Some movies honour the new naming convention and settings and others use the other settings. Even when manually deleting files from the folder and rescanning I run in to the same issue. 

But it sounds like the bug report is the way forward so I will follow that process - thanks for your help.
In case anyone else has experience a similar issue you can follow my bug request here: https://gitlab.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny...ssues/1205

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Naming convention not being respected0