• 57(current)
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
Hi guys thank you for your amazing work.

Sorry but i can't find the

+ added automatic download of extra artwork for movie sets

I know it's supposed to be automatic but i can't find any option and...now it
download just the poster image and not the fanart or the logo of my movie set.

I'm using the option with the external folder containing all the sets artwork.

What should i do to make it downloading poster/fanart/logo ?

Thank you
(2016-10-28, 09:31)myron Wrote: But this is _kinda_ expected.
We do not delete movies now, which datasource is not available (imagine an offline storage hdd)
But we currently do not distinguish, between a not-available-datasource or a complete empty one :|
Need to better check such conditions...

Better remove the complete datasource from settings...

I can handle that but can't it just update online datasources only (including removing no-longer-present movies from database) while leaving offline datasources alone?
Can't believe it can't tell which datasources are online or offline.
Didn't say we can't - we're just not doing it yet Wink
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Of course. I just meant it can't at the moment.
(2016-10-28, 15:24)tars Wrote: I can handle that but can't it just update online datasources only (including removing no-longer-present movies from database) while leaving offline datasources alone?
Can't believe it can't tell which datasources are online or offline.

well we have respect the behavior of 3 different systems (Windows, Mac and Linux). And there are numerous ways to "mount" external storage

e.g. in Windows: you can mount an SMB share via \\host\share or statically mount it to a drive number
e.g. in Linux: you can mount it via gvfs /run/media/<user>/<drive name> or you can statically mount it via /media/share

and I am sure there are much more cases I do not even know.

And now there is the case of statically mounts (at least in linux) where /media/share exists even when the share is not mounted. Deleting all movies from that data source is definitely wrong!
For this case we have a check (for ages now) when there is _nothing_ in the datasource we suppose that this is an offline share.

if you have a better idea how we can handle this _for all cases in all OS_ please let me know
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Then how about this?
When the user runs "Update Data Sources" command for a specific source, assume it online and remove movies if nothing's in that specified source.
exactly this behavior caused problems for a user (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=293869) - and would also cause problems for some more users Wink

on the other hand think about what will happen more often:

a) a user presses update data sources for a offline media (will happen quite often and re-import takes some time)
b) a user has an empty data source and wants tmm to clean it (will not happen quite often and you can still set a filter on that data source and remove it manually)

just think about that above and you see that the way tmm works now is more optimal than your idea
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Sorry, I don't get what's more optimal than my suggestions.

(2016-10-29, 13:32)mlaggner Wrote: a) a user presses update data sources for a offline media (will happen quite often and re-import takes some time)

Why would a user run update data sources command for a specific offline media? I can see users could run update data source "for all sources" forgetting some are offline, but I'm not sure running it for a specific offline media would happen that often. It would be rare. Also, it can pop up a confirmation dialog asking "Do you want to proceed to update the source that might be offline at the moment?" when it's completely empty.

(2016-10-29, 13:32)mlaggner Wrote: b) a user has an empty data source and wants tmm to clean it (will not happen quite often and you can still set a filter on that data source and remove it manually)

This happens to me all the time whenever I clear up a folder used only for scraping after sending files to the storage.
"Why would a user run update data sources command for a specific offline media? "

if you have a large collection spread over lots of shares/disks in your network this happens ... and it takes quite a long time to rebuild! Sad

"This happens to me all the time whenever I clear up a folder used only for scraping after sending files to the storage."

just leave one dummy file in your scraping folder and: problem solved! that's how I do it ...

i'd prefer as mlagger proposed: leave as is! Blush
Version 2.9.1
=======================
+ added Trakt.tv scraper
+ added option in the bulk renamer to set/clear the sort title
+ updated libmediainfo to 0.7.90
+/x added escaping of file names/urls in the movie exporter
x fixed loading of plugins from a network share
x added a connector for XBMC/Kodi < v16
x fixed some UI scaling issues
x fixed NFO writing for multi movie folders
x fixed settings for Turkish language (#102)
x fixed renaming in case insensitive file systems (#101)
x respect renamer settings for subtitle language tag when downloading
x fixed language code detection (#107);
(user with swedish subs may have to rename their subs after upgrading!)
I just switched to TMM and so far I much prefer TMM over alternatives. Very clean, straightforward, and scraping is so fast/reliable.

I've run into three simple questions I could not resolve on my own (through forum searches or playing with the app)...

Background:
I'm running TMM 2.9.1 on Windows 8.1 Pro against a single directory with roughly 1k movies.

1) Most media manager scrapers have a "force" option that uses the highest-rated of multiple matches.
WIth TMM, this option "Search & scrape selected movies, force best match" appears to work identical to the option without "force" when there are multiple results.
In either case, I'm interactively asked which match is best, no matter whether I use the "force" option.

2) I see that you have a Kodi-connector, I haven't found a place to configure this?

3) Is there an option to update the actual file-system dates (not just the NFO/metadata) to be the scraped release date?
I often sort using file-date in Kodi, which is why I ask.

Thank you in advance!
- if the force option can't decide between two perfect matches, tmm asks the user rather than choosing the wrong one
or
- if the match score is _below_ your scraper threshold (changeable in the settings) it will not take a result automatically

- there is no need to configure the Kodi connector - everything is specified in the Kodi wiki

- no, we do not (maybe cannot do that across all OS/file systems?) file meta data. we simply write NFO files and artwork and do not touch the movie files
@mlaggner - thank you for the reply.

Can I clarify a couple of your statements?

I had asked about the "force" option when using "Search & scrape", because it acts differently than other media managers. You wrote:

Quote:- if the force option can't decide between two perfect matches, tmm asks the user rather than choosing the wrong one
or
- if the match score is _below_ your scraper threshold (changeable in the settings) it will not take a result automatically

To summarize, the difference between Force and the default "Search & scrape" -- is that Force will force a match when the threshold is met, whereas the non-force option will not? Therefore, both force/default options are interactive and there is not a conventional "force" where it just ignores the media that it does not recognize when scraping?

Second, I asked about the "Kodi Connector" that you mentioned in the release notes. You replied:
Quote:here is no need to configure the Kodi connector - everything is specified in the Kodi wiki

I had already searched everywhere prior to posting. There is nothing in the Kodi wiki that I could find relating to this.

Kodi uses the NFO's TMM creates, sure. But I wasn't referring to that. I was referring specifically to the mention of improvements to the "Kodi Connector" which would have to know the IP of my Kodi box to be able to push notifications. However, I can't find anywhere to point TMM to my Kodi box?

Thank you in advance for any insight!
we have a few option to scrape and the only ones which takes results without interaction are:
"Search and Scrape selected movies - force best match" and " Search and Scrape unscraped movies - force best match".

and as you stated it is only completely automatic if the engine can detect a "good enough" result. We rather ask the user for a decision before we do scrape completely different data (which is worse than asking the user).

there are two factors which influences this decision:
a) the score threshold (from settings). If the result score is below this threshold tmm will ask.
b) a perfect match; e.g. you scrape for the movie called "Superman", our search engine will find several movies which have identical results.. which one to take? - we ask.

in the other cases the force best match logic works quite good Big Grin

-------------

Kodi connector is the name of the NFO engine which outputs the new Kodi style NFO files - this is not a IP based connector since we do not (yet) communicate with Kodi
My collection is composed of iso images and I have them scraped in kodi with all the metadata information. I would like to know if it is possible to import all this data to TMM since I have the nfo in the folder and it does not collect them. Thanks in advance.
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7