• 65(current)
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
Ok, you are right.
It seems, the fallback - parsing IMDB from NFO - does not work anylonger Sad
We'll fix that for next release...
Thx...
(no need to create custom xmls Wink)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Ok, now that this scraping nfo business is out of the way, I managed to have tmm retrieving info for most of my movies.. works perfectly, thanks... except that it seems that the imdb scraper does not correctly retrieve the original title.

I set the UI language to French, and the scraper preferred language to English, but for instance for Fassbinder's masterpiece "Angst essen seele auf" (original german title) - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071141/ - the imdb scraper retrieves "Ali - fear its the soul" as both title and original title, whereas the imdb page clearly indicates the original title.

This is also the case for French movies... any way to solve that problem? 

And - if the original title can be retrieved - I would love that one to be used by default by the scraper, but there doesn't seem to be an option for that. I would like "Angst essen seele auf" to be listed under that title, Godard's "A bout de souffle" under that title (and not "Breathless"), and even chinese or japanese movies to be listed under their (romanicized or not) original title. Is that possible?

Thank you

UPDATE: if I perform exactly the same steps using the "themoviedb.org" scraper, then it correctly retrieves "angst essen seele auf" as original title. Maybe I could select all movies, click on "search & scrape selected movies", unclick all items that have already been scraped using the imdb scraper (title, rating, cast, runtime, ...), leaving only "original title" and that would fetch all original titles from themoviedb.org . Do you think that would do the trick? I tried using one movie, and it worked, but I don't know if it found it on themoviedb.org by title or using the imdb - id (the latter being the only reliable way). Can you enlighten me?
> whereas the imdb page clearly indicates the original title.
Not when i open the site :|
Cannot see any occurrences of the original title...
IMDB is always tricky, to get the correct language for everything... they deliver different pages to different locations/languages/... etc

The scraping language gives me different titles (english, german, french), and i'm not always getting an original title.
(At least, we see some english titles, we use for that.)

Use the TMDB to scrape only titles... then you'll might get the correct one...
Usually, we use always the IDs to search.
Only if that fails, we consider the title+year... and then the "score threshold" kicks in.
If it does not macht the required percentage... we'll skip it from automatic scrape.
So if you set it to 100% there might be quite none false-positives....
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Oddly, the original title on the imdb page (when I open it) does not appear in the list of akas or alternate title, but just below the main title.

Doesn't it appear like that from other locations ?
this is when I open the site Wink

when I open the page in english

the funny thing is: we already had that! But a few months ago imdb results were different and the original title disappeared from that location and appeared in the /reference page (where we scrape it now).
Looks like imdb changed it again...

and as myron said - IMDB also returns different results (depends on your language settings, even IP address...).
IMDB is the least reliable scraper source - dunno why that much people love it :/

I'd suggest you to use the option to get translateable content (title, plot) from tmdb where the quality is much better
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Thanks for the suggestion... I will use tmdb for the title and original title, setting a 100% threshold to avoid false positives...
I'm slowly getting there, achieving a high quality media library for my collection of over 30,000 movies - thanks to tmm.
Now possibly the hardest part remains - importing all of this into kodi without making it crash with a limited memory setup (raspberry pi or laptop), but that's not a subject for the current thread !
23.04.2018 - Version 2.9.9
=======================
+ removed usage of Google Analytics
+ added hebrew as media language (thx to @israelio)
x several fixes in the OSX starter script
x fixed opening of dialogs without parents
x fixed occasional errors on closing
x fixed downloading extrafanart/extrathumbs after network failures
x improved downloading of artwork from movie/TV show editors
x fixed auto select the first search result in the search windows
x fixed sorting of movies in movie sets
x fixed IMDB parsing from movie NFOs
x improved IMDB scraping original titles
x improved episode title detection (cleanup)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
@mlaggner  - that's what I call responsiveness - kudos to you, my two requests being addressed, that's just great ! I'll test it asap !

(the rest of the post is off-topic, my apologies)
To try and answer your question "dunno why that much people love it :/" (talking about the imdb) : maybe you're young, but some of the internet veteran movie buffs (like myself) used to love the imdb as one of the first participative efforts on the internet. This was around 1995, before Amazon bought it, long before wikipedia. Since then, the imdb id remains the unambiguous identifier for most movies on the internet, like it or not, supported by many specialized search engines. I hate what the imdb has become, but I have fond memories of what it used to be.
26.04.2018 - Version 2.9.10
=======================
+ feature: Kodi plugins now able to download images (movies)
x fixed registering donator version
There is a problem in recent versions. Votes are no longer loaded with the IMDB scraper. In the NFOs stands <votes>0</votes>
I have problems with scraping from TVDB, is it possible it has to do with there new website?
I get no errors when scraping from there.

I'm using TMM v2.9.10
05.05.2018 - Version 2.9.11
=======================
x added Ł and ł in the ascii replacer
x changed tvdb API to version 2
(2018-05-05, 09:23)mlaggner Wrote: 05.05.2018 - Version 2.9.11
=======================
x added Ł and ł in the ascii replacer
x changed tvdb API to version 2
What about IMDB scraper problem with votes?
all unit tests for imdb scraper pass - there is no problem with that..
I've also done a test with a movie and checked the NFO - the exactly size of the vote count is in the NFO..

please provide more infos/logs to analyze that problem
(2018-05-07, 08:14)mlaggner Wrote: all unit tests for imdb scraper pass - there is no problem with that..
I've also done a test with a movie and checked the NFO - the exactly size of the vote count is in the NFO..

please provide more infos/logs to analyze that problem
OK, i made a tmm log and NFO as an example. Download
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7