• 6(current)
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
(2013-01-20, 16:25)mlaggner Wrote: just released r203:

20.01.2013 - Beta - r203
fixed chartset in nfo files - now file encoding of NFO files in windows should be real UTF-8
added poster naming <movie filename>-poster.jpg
moved and fixed debug menu

Still not picking up posters...clean DB and cache

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2013-01-20, 14:33)mlaggner Wrote:
  • Harry Potter Collection
    • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
      • movie.avi
    • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
      • movie.avi
    • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
      • movie.avi
    • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  • Terminator Collection
    • The Terminator
      • movie.avi
    • Terminator 2: Judgment Day
      • movie.avi
    • Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
      • movie.avi
    • Terminator Salvation
      • movie.avi

So do you have to create a collection folder? I have all my movies under a movie folder on my network drive. So mine would look like this:
  • Blu Ray Movies
    • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
      • movie.avi
    • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
      • movie.avi
    • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
      • movie.avi
    • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    • The Terminator
      • movie.avi
    • Terminator 2: Judgment Day
      • movie.avi
    • Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
      • movie.avi
    • Terminator Salvation
      • movie.avi

I'd rather not reorganize my movies into a collections folder if possible.

(2013-01-20, 14:33)mlaggner Wrote:
Quote:Is it possible to modify movieset poster and fanart and load the ones we have? Like some posters are ok but the fanart is terrible for the collection.
Changing artwork of moviesets i planned, but I do not know where to store it? I did not found a way how XMBC will take the movieset artwork, I've chosen in tmm (I think XBMC stores the artwork for moviesets internally - will have a look at it)

This was going to be my question as well. Could we set the movieset poster/fanart. I know with Eden, I had to set that in XBMC itself. Couldn't figure out a way to do it with a program/add on. Although, I would love it if there was a way to do it.
@rhmclay: for movie collections you do not have to reorganize the file structure - as long as there is only one movie per folder. It was a suggestion to typusmensch how to "sort" movies into a collection in the filesystem and also ensure that there is only one movie per folder

i had a look at the xbmc wiki and tested how it works internally when adding artwork to a movieset. It seems that xbmc is storing artwork for moviesets (collections) internally (.xbmc/userdata/ in my case). And I did not found a way to tell xbmc which artwork it should use. I will ask the developers in the developer section soon, if there is a way set movieset artwork from an external program
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Thanks for the clarification mlaggner.

One more question: I have used Media Center Master up until this point. Will I have to do anything to move over to this and test it? Or will it pick up what has been done already, noticing there is already Fanart, NFO's etc. for all the stuff I currently have. And will it start to work with the new stuff moving forward?

Thanks
MCM seems to be able to create XBMC style files.
http://www.mediacentermaster.com/wiki/in...b_Settings
If you could prepare your library that way, it _should_ work...

But do a test on a small subset/copy of your files first ;o)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Just found an information about movieset artwork & XBMC (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=135692):

At the moment (frodo) it is NOT possible to provide movieset artwork via external tools!
The only way how to do this, will be like MediaElch does: directly to change the XBMC database. But changing the XBMC database directly is not planned at the moment.

I can implement a function to change mediaset artwork and store it anywhere near the movies, so tmm shows "nice" mediaset artwork and in xbmc you will easily find the artwork file to manually change it.
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
(2013-01-21, 14:20)mlaggner Wrote: I can implement a function to change mediaset artwork and store it anywhere near the movies, so tmm shows "nice" mediaset artwork and in xbmc you will easily find the artwork file to manually change it.

Hi ,
i like this idea ... Smile
Not sure what hapened, but after the latest update I'm not getting any posters/fanart pulled in.
This is showing in the log....
Code:
2013-01-23 06:16:21,119 ERROR SwingWorker-pool-2-thread-5 (ImageChooser.java:551) - DownloadTask
java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred.
    at com.bric.image.ImageLoader.getImage(ImageLoader.java:372)
    at com.bric.image.ImageLoader.createImage(ImageLoader.java:236)
    at com.bric.image.ImageLoader.createImage(ImageLoader.java:232)
    at org.tinymediamanager.ui.ImageChooser$DownloadTask.doInBackground(ImageChooser.java:542)
    at org.tinymediamanager.ui.ImageChooser$DownloadTask.doInBackground(ImageChooser.java:473)
    at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:296)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
    at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:335)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
Hi,

this will be just a try: try to clear the cache.

maybe one image didn't download right and at this point an error of loading one image could stop loading all images.
If I am right, i will add a patch for it

manuel
I've already cleared the cache and the rebuilt the db, still the same problem
bad. Sad

so you have to wait for the next release, which fixed this abort.

btw: could you tell me for which movie you wanted to change images? (name/imdbid/tmdbid - poster or fanart)
(2013-01-23, 17:46)Aenima99x Wrote: I've already cleared the cache and the rebuilt the db, still the same problem

Fanart.tv have been having issues today, that might be your cause.
Any plans on adding TV show support to this app? UI is impressive looking, and is easy-to-use. Well done so far mlaggner.
(2013-01-23, 18:52)gibxxi Wrote: Any plans on adding TV show support to this app? UI is impressive looking, and is easy-to-use. Well done so far mlaggner.

Hi , in first post have this note by developer ....

Features to be implemented •ui translations (internationalization)
•management of TV shows
•list exporting
•extracting media information via MediaInfo
•polishing ui

Smile
Whoops. Missed that. Thanks for info. Teach me for "scanning through" posts. Smile
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7