Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
I've gotta say, after the issues got resolved with TMDB, it's a nice tool. I'm looking forward to seeing how TV Shows get integrated.

I'd like to make three suggestions for new settings, because I think they're all useful and seem like they'd be relatively simple to implement. But I'm also not a programmer. Smile

A) I'd like an option to disable the creation of the extrathumbs folder in each movie folder; I personally don't use it, because I like to set one image of each type per movie, and I think having a useless folder pointlessly clutters it. Maybe either integrate a smart check so if someone only picks one fanart image it isn't created, or an option to automatically delete it if it's empty?

B) An option to(Or have it automatically) add the correct ID for both TMDB and the IMDB. When scrapping, it looks like the ID is added for whichever scrapper is currently being used, but it's just putting a 0 into the other field. I think it'd be useful for it to add both IDs, if found, so that if a program wants to access the correct movie page, it has it right there.

C) An option on where to scrap actor images from; personally, I like getting information from IMDB, but images from TMDB. While the options I currently have reflect that(Scrapper is set to IMDB, images cannot be changed from TMDB), the actor images are still coming from the IMDB.

Thanks for your time working on this. I think the community really needs a new media manager. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - by Igtenio - 2013-01-25, 02:51
Movies with multiple files - by mag_sol76 - 2014-05-07, 15:21
possible bug? - by ppwrtw - 2017-09-11, 01:28
How to reaname subtitles ? - by xbozzo - 2018-06-06, 00:24
Tags don't work - by xbozzo - 2018-06-06, 00:39
RE: HDR or Dobly vision Logos - by nmt1978 - 2020-05-10, 06:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7