Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
Though its beta, it's one of my fav MediaManagers, especially for its fast scraping and the support of german plots and movie posters (as long as its not a very rare movie)!
I noticed some things which hopefully will become fixed in future versions (most of them will concern german language users):
1. Support of foreign letters like äÄ öÖ ß and ´ ' ² ³ etc. and conversion from "ae" to "ä", "oe" to "ö" etc.
Everytime I scrape movies with these letters, its fine as long as I dont Update Data sources. If I update the sources (adding new movies) then the titles (sometimes) are mixed up and show different letters, tMM is not able to read the .nfo files and acts like there is no .nfo present.
If i open the .nfo with notepad++ I can see, that the letter "ö" is a weird symbol, if i open the exact same file with the windows Notepad/Editor it shows "ö" the correct way. I dont know why this happens, but unfortunately tMM reads the "ö" (or any other foreign letter) like a strange symbol and shows it in the title and the plot (and everywhere else, where there is such a letter).
The same happens if I chose "Debug-> Clear Database".
Examples:
in Title: [REC]³ Génesis is shown as [REC]┬│ G├⌐nesis
in Title: Bolt - ein Hund für alle Fälle is shown as Bolt - Ein Hund für alle Fälle
in Plot: instead of "für" it shows für
and so on

2. When I am scraping (automatic or manual) a title with "ae" it doesnt find the correct movie because tMM (or the scraper?) cant handle the combination of these two letters. (for everyone who is interested: As you might know, "ae" is the german umlaut "ä" in german). If i am looking for "Das Bourne Vermaechtnis" tiny doesnt find the title, I have to manually edit the Title to "Das Bourne Vermächtnis" and then it can find the movie.

The bad thing about these two problems is: I scrape all my movies,some of them require a manual edit cause of the special characters, then everything is fine. But if i update the sources all the titles with foreign characters are (as mentioned before) mixed up. Even though they are scraped correctly, the .nfo doesnt get imported correct. Hope you get what I tried to explain ^^

3. (guess its beta related) tMM freezes after a few movies, sometimes it works for hours, cant reproduce the error. In most cases I can edit ~3 movies then it freezes. I kill the Process via Task Manager and start tMM again. Thats gettin on my nerves but I am aware its still beta. It happens for example after scraping a title and clicking on the next movie in the list. It doesnt load the fanart/cover/information at all, instead it freezes. Happens every now and then.

4. Trailer support. If I scrape trailers with tMM it writes the youtube url in the nfo, but XBMC needs the plugin format. For now I edit it with "FAR Search and Replace", maybe you can impliment an option to choose how the trailers should become implemented (as youtube link or as xbmc plugin link).

I am using Windows 7 x64, tMM r232 and Java 7u11.

Anyway, thanks for this Media Manager, hope there will be plenty of features in the future versions!

Messages In This Thread
RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - by SnoPoX - 2013-01-28, 09:56
Movies with multiple files - by mag_sol76 - 2014-05-07, 15:21
possible bug? - by ppwrtw - 2017-09-11, 01:28
How to reaname subtitles ? - by xbozzo - 2018-06-06, 00:24
Tags don't work - by xbozzo - 2018-06-06, 00:39
RE: HDR or Dobly vision Logos - by nmt1978 - 2020-05-10, 06:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7