Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
(2013-02-03, 12:50)mlaggner Wrote: Picking up moviesets from NFO isn't in there. It's one of the things to do for moviesets. But I (hopefully) will include this in the next release (maybe today Wink )

Just opened it up, reinited the DB, and it's picking them up as I type Smile

Quote:I could also add the donate button to the first post here.. Let me think about it

Best place would be the "?" menu in the program. As time goes and word of mouth spreads more people will be hitting the website only to look for the download link and many won't be coming here at all so it's always best to have in the program itself.
----------------------

Been playing around with r256 and noticed a few little things (Adding things as I play with and try to break my test library Smile ). Just beta tester reports/suggestions, not complaints. Big Grin

- Number one, an ability to turn off the creation of the extrathumbs folder for those of us who don't use it. I know that part is being worked on right now for those who need it, so figured I'd mention it.

- Second, renaming isn't working. I have $T ($Y) set for both movie and folder name. It renames the folder fine. But it will only rename the movie file if I scrape the movie, reinitialize the DB, then initiate the rename. And I can't get it to rename the nfo, fanart, poster and trailer files at all.

- Also, TMM doesn't remove old/invalid records. For example, If I took "Movie1", changed the folder name to Movie2 and then updated the data sources, I'd have "Movie1" listed twice. Only the paths and the the fact that the images wouldn't display in the record for the old path distinguish them. It's not a big deal as the duplicate filter makes it easy to find them and the lack of images being displayed makes it easy to find and remove the invalid records manually and reinitialize the DB and updating will clean them out in bulk.
But it'd be nice at some point if TMM could remove them itself.

- For some reason, some movies have their sort order all wacky. For example, when scraped with TMM, Cars is given a sorttitle of "Cars Collection2" while Cars 2 is getting a sort title of "Cars Collection1". Nightmare on Elm street seems almost random. Don't know if it's a TMDB thing or or a problem with TMM though. But either way, it'd be nice to be able to edit that field in TMM.
(Edit: Found out if I remove the collection from TMM after scraping, then add the collection in the Movie Sets editor and run the TMDB movieset metadata search, it assigns/reassigns the sort titles in the correct order. Haven't found any pattern to how it's picking up the numbers it does when scraping though. I deleted all the nfos for the Nightmare movies, scraped the 2010 movie and it came up as #6. Then #5 was given #4. #3 scraped fine.. But then #1 was given the number 3 as well. It seems almost random. I'll do more testing Later this week if it's needed to track down what's happening. I'm going to bed now :p )

- Could support for editing <sorttitle> tags be added? The easiest way to implement would likely be to just add a Sorttitle field.
Although personally, I'd prefer an incremental value box (like the one for year) in the Edit Movie dialog next to the Movie Set drop down menu (greyed out if there's no movie set defined, of course). So if I set the "Series order" number on "Cars" to 3, it would write <sorttitle>Cars Collection3</sorttitle> to the NFO. As I only use sorttitle to fine tune the sort order of movie sets, it'd save quite a bit of typing when it's movies not using a TMDB defined set.

- Also would like to ditto that support for the set art plug in would be great. Especially if it saved you having to do any major work to get set art implemented in TMM.

Messages In This Thread
RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - by Ecwfrk - 2013-02-05, 03:57
Movies with multiple files - by mag_sol76 - 2014-05-07, 15:21
possible bug? - by ppwrtw - 2017-09-11, 01:28
How to reaname subtitles ? - by xbozzo - 2018-06-06, 00:24
Tags don't work - by xbozzo - 2018-06-06, 00:39
RE: HDR or Dobly vision Logos - by nmt1978 - 2020-05-10, 06:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7