Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
(2013-02-22, 21:35)mlaggner Wrote: sorry for late response @all - have been busy these days

@RichS-5277: I could imagine such a feature - there are some options (already mentioned) which could be done in batch in tmm; I will put it to my todo list. Please understand, that this option will not have high priority - there are some (many) other things to do first

@deh2k7: found the problem which causes the jvm crash. it will be fixed in the next release;
<THUMB> and <FILENAMEANDPATH> are mentioned in the xbmc wiki (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files/movies) so I included these. If they are technically wrong, I have no problem to remove them Wink
writing NFOs in tmm is done by jaxb: it "marshalls" an java object into a xml file with a given structure; this is the easiest way to write xmls in java. after every bigger change on a movie object (everytime when its stored into the internal database) the object is marshalled out to the nfo - so its completely rewritten. To achieve (if its possible) a delta change of the NFO would be some work.. do I need to invest time into this problem? are there any important details in the nfo which tmm doesn't write?

I would say that <thumb> and <filenameandpath> are unnecessary since they contain hardcoded paths and paths can change later. If you think about it, nfo and artwork can only be stored in certain places, and XBMC already knows how to get them, so this is redundant. I have been using Ember previously, both for XBMC and prior to that for YAMJ and I never needed these types of fields in the NFO. Does anyone else have an opinion?

Regarding rewriting the NFO - I think it comes into play when someone has manually modified an NFO to correct something, er perhaps has been using other programs and currently has everything in a state that they want. For example, I periodically update the rating/votes and sometimes the cast information, but don't want anything else changed in the NFO. That's a case where always rewriting the whole NFO can cause issues. Again, perhaps I'm in the minority, and maybe some others should weigh in.

Messages In This Thread
RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - by deh2k7 - 2013-02-22, 22:44
Movies with multiple files - by mag_sol76 - 2014-05-07, 15:21
possible bug? - by ppwrtw - 2017-09-11, 01:28
How to reaname subtitles ? - by xbozzo - 2018-06-06, 00:24
Tags don't work - by xbozzo - 2018-06-06, 00:39
RE: HDR or Dobly vision Logos - by nmt1978 - 2020-05-10, 06:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7