Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
1) at the moment we (internally) only use the plot; the outline in the NFOs is a stripped down (iirc 200 chars) version of the plot. If you have a look at the API of tmdb (http://docs.themoviedb.apiary.io/#movies) you see that tmdb is only using "overview" - which would be the outline in your case.
BUT: taking the plot/outline from IMDB has some drawbacks: they are poorly maintained (almost no translations to other languages). That's why I included the option to take the plot from tmdb.

When we start to mix these 2 things (first of all we would have to implement to whole infrastructure for outline) - how should we decide when to use what? E.g. if we use imdb with the tmdb option, the plot comes from imdb whereas the outline comes from tmdb. That's true for EN, but a German user won't be happy with it because the plot from imdb will be empty in most cases.
When we decide to take everything from tmdb, we have to fill the plot and outline from tmdb.

I hope you see why that's is not that trivial...

2) we already plan to implement such a "source" concept. But we did not finish our strategy how to detect/maintain the source(s). Btw: I don't think it's enough to take all "rips" - we should also implement dvdscr, ts, (any maybe more).

at the moment I can say tmm is safe to use (as we have several thousand users and only 1 reported problem with renaming Wink ).
But you should consider doing a BACKUP. Maybe tmm doesn't destroy your lib, a hardware defect or even a corrupt filesystem can do. If your movie library is something worth for you - DO A BACKUP! and one more thing: a NAS is NOT a BACKUP!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - by mlaggner - 2014-01-18, 11:23
Movies with multiple files - by mag_sol76 - 2014-05-07, 15:21
possible bug? - by ppwrtw - 2017-09-11, 01:28
How to reaname subtitles ? - by xbozzo - 2018-06-06, 00:24
Tags don't work - by xbozzo - 2018-06-06, 00:39
RE: HDR or Dobly vision Logos - by nmt1978 - 2020-05-10, 06:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7