• 64(current)
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
10.12.2017 - Version 2.9.6
=======================
+ add persian language
+ added option to include external audio files in Kodi NFO streamdetails (thx @midgetspy)
+ support for mediainfo 17.10+ XMLs
+ updated mediainfo to 17.10
+ fixed java 9 compatibility issues
x fix parsing MediaInfo for .ISO files (endless hanging sometimes)
x reduced log output on the console for the command line version
x fix animated pictures scraper; did not work on automatic scrape
x fix AniDB scrape (too much results)
x fix country tags in NFO (now multiple)
x change episodeguide url in TvShow NFOs
x cleaning of orphaned episodes in the database
x storing of episodes in special seasons (season 0) no more switches to season -1
x fix occassional crashes when writing objects to the database
x fix audio codes parsing of audio files (thx @midgetspy)
x fix renaming of movies with renamer token $2 and starting with umlauts
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
28.12.2017 - Version 2.9.7
=======================
+ added DataTables export template - thx to @C. Janke
x fixed the imdb scraper (imdb changed their web pages) - thx to @Grizzler89
x fixed a parsing problem in the Kodi scraper
x fixed movie renamer with animated posters
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
08.02.2018 - Version 2.9.8
=======================
+ added frame rate from mediainfo
+ updated libmediainfo to 17.12
+ show result window of the "find missing movies" feature
x fix IMDB language, release date and episode thumb parsing
x fix parsing audio channel information
x fix naming detection for 4k files
x fix Kodi scraper plugins unicode decoding
x improve Kodi scraper plugins http requests (correct headers)
x added more java 9 compatibility options
x fixed cancelling of actor image downloads
x added 2160p to file name cleanup
I've asked for this once before, but since v3 is on the horizon (and looking pretty swish too, I might add), would it be possible to add a function to allow the user to specify "Specials" folder naming for TV shows please?

I use the folder name "Specials", both for compatibility with another app, but also because it is easier to find among the other season folders when browsing via Windows Explorer.

A simple radio button / checkbox selector between "Season 0", "Season 00" and "Specials" as is the case for fanart would suffice. Currently, I do not allow TMM to touch my TV show library, because the auto-renamer has already done damage to the file naming because of this conflict / mismatch on a prior occasion, without me realising until it was already too late.

TIA.
Since the most recent update to 2.9.8 I've experienced the below a few times whereby the title of shows and movie sets disappear (movie titles remain visible).  (clears on restart).

Hello,

I've been using tMM. I tried Media Companion too. I did not know tMM was a Kodi project. Media Companion was written for Plex, I'm told. I have the same problem with both. Both programs deposit files in the same directory as the video file. Can tMM be programmed to use a single folder for all accessory files (.nfo, art work, etc.)? I frequently have to navigate through the videos'  folders and all the extra files makes this difficult.

Thank you,
Jim J.
Hello everyone. I'm trying to use an external scraper for my kodi - due to memory issues (possibly due to my laptop and my Raspberry Pi's limitations) with a kodi-generated library on my fairly large collection (24.500 movies on my main NAS, 7000 more on my secondary NAS, not counting tv episodes). 

Movies are not named in a standard fashion, I'm afraid, and due to my setup (backup system and so forth), I do not wish to rename them.

I do have a database on my own with the imdb-id for most of the movies, which allowed me to create kodi parsing NFOs (i.e. text files containing stuff like ""http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116920/" - cf https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files#Parsing_nfo ) and to "guide" kodi scraping that way... which works quite fine until kodi crashes possibly due to fucked up images and/or other corruption and/or memory issues on my devices. Hence, @PatK suggested I'd use TMM.

So my question is: how do I force the imdb-id / parsing NFO in TMM instead of TMM trying to recognize the movie by title?

thanks
If you do not use the renamer/cleanup, we won't change your files Wink

On update, we should find at least the IMDB id within such NFO.
Although not beeing XML, as fallback we have an explicitely search for a TT number in it Wink
If you then scrape with IMDB scraper, it should complete the rest of the NFO...
But try it on 2, 3 copies first.... and check on the metadata, if IMDB number is there.

And with that large library, you might want to increase the memory inside TMM a bit....
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Thanks for your help @myron , but there's probably something I don't understand.  I have a file named
0020_MortUnDimancheDePluie_1986_JoelSANTONI_IMDB91556_PANAVHSRIP.mpg
with a corresponding nfo named
0020_MortUnDimancheDePluie_1986_JoelSANTONI_IMDB91556_PANAVHSRIP.nfo
that contains exactly the string
I changed the default scraper for movies to imdb (version 1.12 of the imdb scraper), checked that NFO file naming is <movie filename>.nfo. Then I try to do "right click -> search and scrape selected movie" -> doesn't find anything. When i do "right click -> "update selected movie(s)", nothing happens.

And if I do "scrape metadata for selected movie(s)", I get a java exception in the logs ( https://pastebin.com/vzqTSTiK ).

It doesn't seem to use the imdb url in the nfo.

Can you please help?
@moviebuff1017

You can just place the IMDB ID in the search box as shown in the image. Make sure IMDB is selected as the scraper, then click Search.

As for using nfo files... myron or mlaggner will have to advise. I am not aware of that function in TMM.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you very much for your advice @Karellen  - I had noticed you could search by imdbid. Trouble is that I have 32.000 movies (with known imdb-id, but in an external proprietary table), and I don't want to use the search box 32.000 times !

So I was happy about @myron 's information that "On update, we should find at least the IMDB id within such NFO.", because all I had to do then was to automatically write 32000 nfo alongside corresponding movies... it doesn't seem to find the imdb-id in these nfos, though.
Ok, I didn't read the full conversation. Hopefully my screenshot will help others... with less movies Wink
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@ moviebuff1017
Can you please upload a complete log, from right clicking "search & scrape" or "automatic..."
IF the movie has an IMDB number set (check edit page or overview page) then it should always find the correct movie...

BTW: "update" only finds (and corrects) additional files of EXISTING movies.
The NFO is only parsed ONCE, if the movie is not yet inside TMM!
(same behaviour like Kodi)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Ok, I did something very simple: i initialized the database, copied only the two files 0020_MortUnDimancheDePluie_1986_JoelSANTONI_IMDB91556_PANAVHSRIP.mpg and 0020_MortUnDimancheDePluie_1986_JoelSANTONI_IMDB91556_PANAVHSRIP.nfo to a new folder, and set this folder as my only movie source in TMM.

My NFO does contain https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091556/

I then did "update data source" -> it found the movie, but not its imdb-id. I did  "update selected movie", then "search and scrape". It never seems to extract the imdb id from the nfo ! Here's the log : https://pastebin.com/bh43mRT8 
A quick check through this log doesn't indicate that, at any point, it extracted tt0091556 from the nfo.
I'm continuing my investigation on "scraping nfos" in tmm. If I build a nfo containing the following xml (i.e something I'm able to build using only the imdb id and no other metadata)

<movie>
    <title>xxx</title>
    <ids><entry><key>imdb</key><value xsi:type="xsConfusedtring" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">tt0091556</value></entry></ids>
</movie>

then it works, but I can't make it simpler than that. In other words, the imdb id has to be in the ids - entry -key - value structure (with the right xsi:type) AND there has to be a <title> tag (I tried without, it doesn't work). If I update the data source using this xml, it fills the imdb id, then "scrape metadata" works fine.

So, for my problem, I only have to write this xml instead of the simple text file with the imdb link, and it should work... i'll keep you posted.
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7