• 66(current)
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
okay, that is a problem with your language settings..
imdb responds the vote count in RU in an unparseable format.. 
I'll have a look if we can catch that too..
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
In earlier tMM versions, this problem did not exist.
maybe imdb did respond the vote count in another format or the switch from /combined to /reference changed it.. but the parsing logic of the number has not been touched for ages Wink
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Hi mlaggner and thanks for the amazing tmm software.

I m using since very very long time and it's always very smooth.

I have a suggestion for the next updates; how about creating a section in "Settings --> Movies --> Images" where animatedposters scrape a separate artwork (different than the "canonical ones") ?

Since they have a different extension (they 're gifs), they could easy been downloaded in the same movie folder, along the usual poster.jpg (Or whatever ext).
In this case you can have your canonical poster/fanart image with the canonical scrapers, and the animated one from the animated scraper.

Just my two cents.
Thanks again
(2018-05-12, 18:27)mlaggner Wrote: maybe imdb did respond the vote count in another format or the switch from /combined to /reference changed it.. but the parsing logic of the number has not been touched for ages Wink
So there is no solution to my problem?
(2018-05-14, 16:00)VENTO25 Wrote: So there is no solution to my problem?

I had success in parsing this format too - will be available in the next version
Good news, thanks
Hi,

I have just started using tmm. I use Mediaportal 2 and I found tmm very useful to update information about items that it misses.

I have a couple of suggestions.

1. I know you support collections using tmdid. The collections in tmd is meant for sequels. That's fine, but it is restrictive. I would like to broaden it - say Schwarzenegger movies (not just the Terminator series). They recommend that I create a list to hold such movies. I did. However, tmm doesn't recognize such a listid as a collection. Could you please add support for this? This would make organizing our movies much better. For e.g. I have create a list called "Arjun Movies" (a South Indian movie star). The URL is https://www.themoviedb.org/list/78061. It would be ideal if I could either enter this id or URL and this list is "imported" as a collection.

2. I like the way you have provided options for the renamer/cleanup. However, could it be a little bit more flexible? I will illustrate with an example: I have organized movies like this - Root\Language\Actor\Bad_Movie_Name. Now if the renamer takes action on this movie, then it gets moved to Root\Movie_Named_Correctly. I lose the benefits of the organization that I had done. What would be ideal is if the renaming is done in the same folder structure - i.e. Root\Language\Actor\Correct_Movie_Name.

Thanks,
Sridhar
29.05.2018 - Version 2.9.12
=======================
x display Kodi scrapers at the end of the list
x fixed imdb scraper: parsing of numbers in RU
x fixed loading of the TVDB plugin
x fixed movie renamer $1/$2 tokens (adhere ASCII replacement if set)
x improved execution of external players (thx to @hampelratte)
x fixed generation of season poster file name #288
x fixed displaying of the artwork chooser window on macOS
x further improved Kodi scrapers
x fixed actor artwork urls from tvdb scraper
Hello,
please forgive me, not completely reading the 66 pages of this subforum, if this subject is easy to solve, I did not find the answer.

I have all my subtitles named

<videoname>-eng.*
<videoname>-jp.*
or
<videoname>-eng-forced.*
<videoname>-jp-forced.*

but for german language, the files just are named
<videoname>.* (without -ger)
or
<videoname>-forced.* (without -ger)

Now, when I want to use the Renamer, those subtitle files aren't renamed correctly.

Is there any chance to tell TMM to treat all subtitle files without a given language "<videoname>.-lang" as , in my case, as german subtitle files? 

I.e.
[x] treat unknown subtitle files as [pulldownmenu of languages] while renaming (pulldownmenu for all languges, for users who might have same problem, but with other language).
Hello,

Question1:

On the newest release of TMM on Win7,

I'm having problems to fetch tags from TMDB.
Say, I'd like to fetch tags for Tombraider I or II or the Remake
via
Search "Tomb R" -> select any of the movies -> select "Scrape metadata for selected movie(s)" -> de-select all -> activate checkbox "Tags" -> Button "Start scraping" (metadata scraper set to themoviedb.org)
No Tags are being fetched.
Old Tags (in the .nfo file) are not touched/updated/removed.
New tags are not added.
Nothing.

Same, when I use "Search and scrape selected movie(s)" from the context menu.

What I'm doing wrong or how does it work to fetch the tags correctly?

Question2:
Also, is there a mode to only update tags, never remove any tags (which may be removed from themoviedb.org database) ?
(2018-06-06, 00:24)xbozzo Wrote: Is there any chance to tell TMM to treat all subtitle files without a given language "<videoname>.-lang" as , in my case, as german subtitle files? 
No.
For some subtitle formats, the language ist listed inside which we can parse, but for the majority, only the name counts.
Even inside Kodi, the "language" is just a plain text, so -blabla would be listed there 1:1 (there's no logic behind)

(2018-06-06, 00:39)xbozzo Wrote: What I'm doing wrong or how does it work to fetch the tags correctly?
Well, we do not fetch tags et all. (except some defined ones for stinger credits)
Main reason is, they're mostly useless.
For example: Avatar on IMDB has nearly 400 tags. You don't really want that in your database...
So better set your tags... which then should be overwritten in NFO.

When there are already some values inside NFO, we try to keep them.
Not only for tags, but for all entries we do not know / support...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2018-06-06, 08:50)myron Wrote:
(2018-06-06, 00:39)xbozzo Wrote: What I'm doing wrong or how does it work to fetch the tags correctly?
Well, we do not fetch tags et all. (except some defined ones for stinger credits)

Main reason is, they're mostly useless. 

Well, decision "useless" should be made by the user IMHO. Its confusing having the "Tags" option in all the dialog-boxes in TMM, but only have a trimmed function.
Thanks for clearing this out. Also thanks for the subtitle answer.

Another question:

Say, I want to use TMM to "fix up and tune" my kodi .nfo files on the disk.
This will take, say, a month or even more time to make all the infos quite nice and accurate.

In the meantime, I surely will use kodi to watch movies and there will be a change in the playcounts, playtime, watched status of a lot of movies/tvshows.

How can I merge the (daily) changing state of kodi to the TMM database, without losing all the newly changed information?
Well, IIRC we originally had tags inside TMM, so this might be some left-overs...
And we never got a good idea, how to present those 400 tags to the user to let them choose... or to filter them...
But always open for improvement ideas Smile

Well, there are no NFO updates.
When already imported to Kodi, Kodi does not reread any new values (except you know how to force this)
TMM works kinda same way. Once the movie is in our database, we wont read it again.
(But we might preserve unknown changes while writing it)
This is always a chicken-egg problem, what side of this information is more accurat, aka the master.

Kodi does even not write this information back to NFO.
You have to export the (imho) complete database, to write those new values.
Then in return, you could delete one/all movies out of TMM database, and reload them...

Usually, once a movie has been polished by TMM, and imported into Kodi, you barely touch it on either side.
But yes, for "backup" those values, this would be nice to store such information back in NFO...

Other way would be, to use external services like trakt.tv....
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Ok, I see. Thanks a bunch for helping!

For the Tags thing, I think the solution right now (a vertical list of all tags, one per line, editable?) is useful, simple and does the job quite well.
Sure, nobody wants to edit 400 Tags, they're just for using them inside kodi for filtering, say "show me movies containing tag: lara croft".
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7