• 67(current)
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
Hi @mlaggner and @myron I had a little abandoned the translation of tinyMediaManager but I took a little time to update the strings in Weblate, I know that you can not prevent anyone from collaborating in a translation but in the Spanish language had a little messed up.

Regards.
Before all the changes at theTVDB.com tinyMediaManager would always automatically select the highest rated artwork.  Now it seems to scrape them in upload date order (the oldest first).

Is there anyway it can go back to selecting the most popular first as having to constantly change things manually is very inconvenient and a lot of work.

Thanks
the old API delivered that info out of the box - have to check if that info is in the new API (so that I could sort it).
What I know is that there is no language information any more - so filtering for localized artwork is no more possible
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Yes it is a problem in Kodi as well... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2741618

and affects Plex as well... https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php...57#p133957
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I've re-enabled partial sorting of the artwork (as I've seen in the debugger, tvdb api sends ratings but no language info - so sorting only depends on rating for the moment)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
(2018-06-24, 10:47)mlaggner Wrote: I've re-enabled partial sorting of the artwork (as I've seen in the debugger, tvdb api sends ratings but no language info - so sorting only depends on rating for the moment)
 Great!!!

When will this be in a new release so I can update my current copy of TinyMediaManager
when we finish our work on the next patch.. there is no eta (as long as there is not fixed every issue with tvdb, we won't hurry with an _incomplete_ release)
(2018-06-28, 08:37)mlaggner Wrote: when we finish our work on the next patch.. there is no eta (as long as there is not fixed every issue with tvdb, we won't hurry with an _incomplete_ release)
 In the interim is there a way to add this single fix (sorting of artwork) into my current installation?
you could download the nightly build ( http://nightly.tinymediamanager.org/ ), extract it and replace the file plugins/scraper-tvdb.jar from your installation with the file from the nightly build..
_should_ work
(2018-07-02, 08:41)mlaggner Wrote: you could download the nightly build ( http://nightly.tinymediamanager.org/ ), extract it and replace the file plugins/scraper-tvdb.jar from your installation with the file from the nightly build..
_should_ work
 It Works
Thanks  Cool
does this provide same functionality as filebot ?
as in I can use a jar file in my script to auto rename and move move and tv show files?
thanks
Hello!

I am new to using TMM after switching from MediaElch recently because of flexibility in choosing scrapers. With MediaElch I was bound to use TVDB for TV and TMDB for movies. I am still getting used to the GUI/options/settings but starting to get a grip on things. There are a couple of things I want to check to see if I am messing up somewhere - any input regarding these issues I am facing will be really helpful.

1. Scraping TV shows with TMDB:
When scraping TV show metadata with TMDB, sometimes it populates the "Studio" field with multiple companies. I believe these are the production companies and not the TV studio/channel. TMDB website seems to have the correct channel/studio mentioned on the TV show page.

2. Metadata with TVDB and Artwork with TMDB:
I tried setting the scraper to TVDB but Artwork/images from TMDB only. Yet, I see the lower res images in the "select image" dialog/popup that comes up. Is there a way to limit the two functions to specific services. From the settings it seems there should be a way to do it but I have not been able to consistently make it work. As a result I first scrape with TMDB with every option selected. Then scrape with TVDB for everything except Artwork and Season/Episode info.

3. Season artwork from TMDB:
Can't get season posters from TMDB to show up in results. It is easily identifiable that the posters are not from TMDB as they have better/higher res (2000x3000, 1400x2100 or 1000x1500) posters compared to TVDB (680x1000 or lower..) and Fanart.tv (1000x1426).. Is there a way to obtain season posters from TMDB without manually plugging in the url and downloading the image?

4. Is there a way to automate scraping of new episode thumbnails from TMDB? Or even new content (Movie or TV show)? Currently, I scrape any new movies I add to my NAS which I am okay with it since it's not too often. But for TV shows it is different - as new episodes are being added weekly and any new episodes are being scraped by Kodi's scraper which uses TVDB and as a result there is a difference in the quality of the thumbnails since TVDB has much inferior quality/res thumbs compared to TMDB's episode thumbs.

Sorry for the long post and multiple questions. I hope I have been eloquent enough to explain the questions well.

Thanks again for the awesome work!
23.07.2018 - Version 2.9.13
=======================
+ improved image caching (you should clear and rebuild your image cache)
+ updated libmediainfo to 18.05
+ added another recognized trailer filename (movie-trailer.*)
+ added {} as valid delimiter in the movie name detection
x fixed importing of watched status from NFO
x tvdb: load poster instead of banner in the search window
x tvdb: fixed sorting of artwork from tvdb (by rating)
x imdb: fixed episode date parsing
x fixed displaying of the clear trakt button
x fixed cleanup in the renamer #333
x added logo for not rated
x improved season and episode detection
x corrected app version display on macOS
x fixed some smaller issues on actor image handling
x removed the zelluloid.de scraper (this service has been shut down)
I have a question about renaming m2ts files. TTM does everything I set it to do except rename the m2ts file to the name format I set. Is it because the file name is not even remotely similar to the movie name or am I missing something? Folder and all other media files are renamed properly but the m2ts stays "00012.m2ts".

Thanks alot
@Chembrlee

That file type is normally used in bluray disks and ripped bluray folders.

Can you clarify whether you are using bluray folders (BDMV\Stream\00012.m2ts) or whether you just have a single m2ts file.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7