Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
Hello!

I am new to using TMM after switching from MediaElch recently because of flexibility in choosing scrapers. With MediaElch I was bound to use TVDB for TV and TMDB for movies. I am still getting used to the GUI/options/settings but starting to get a grip on things. There are a couple of things I want to check to see if I am messing up somewhere - any input regarding these issues I am facing will be really helpful.

1. Scraping TV shows with TMDB:
When scraping TV show metadata with TMDB, sometimes it populates the "Studio" field with multiple companies. I believe these are the production companies and not the TV studio/channel. TMDB website seems to have the correct channel/studio mentioned on the TV show page.

2. Metadata with TVDB and Artwork with TMDB:
I tried setting the scraper to TVDB but Artwork/images from TMDB only. Yet, I see the lower res images in the "select image" dialog/popup that comes up. Is there a way to limit the two functions to specific services. From the settings it seems there should be a way to do it but I have not been able to consistently make it work. As a result I first scrape with TMDB with every option selected. Then scrape with TVDB for everything except Artwork and Season/Episode info.

3. Season artwork from TMDB:
Can't get season posters from TMDB to show up in results. It is easily identifiable that the posters are not from TMDB as they have better/higher res (2000x3000, 1400x2100 or 1000x1500) posters compared to TVDB (680x1000 or lower..) and Fanart.tv (1000x1426).. Is there a way to obtain season posters from TMDB without manually plugging in the url and downloading the image?

4. Is there a way to automate scraping of new episode thumbnails from TMDB? Or even new content (Movie or TV show)? Currently, I scrape any new movies I add to my NAS which I am okay with it since it's not too often. But for TV shows it is different - as new episodes are being added weekly and any new episodes are being scraped by Kodi's scraper which uses TVDB and as a result there is a difference in the quality of the thumbnails since TVDB has much inferior quality/res thumbs compared to TMDB's episode thumbs.

Sorry for the long post and multiple questions. I hope I have been eloquent enough to explain the questions well.

Thanks again for the awesome work!

Messages In This Thread
Movies with multiple files - by mag_sol76 - 2014-05-07, 15:21
possible bug? - by ppwrtw - 2017-09-11, 01:28
How to reaname subtitles ? - by xbozzo - 2018-06-06, 00:24
Tags don't work - by xbozzo - 2018-06-06, 00:39
RE: tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux) - by monisriz - 2018-07-20, 18:37
RE: HDR or Dobly vision Logos - by nmt1978 - 2020-05-10, 06:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7