• 68(current)
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
@mlaggner 

I have never used TMM, so please forgive me the question, but are the TMM .nfo's compatible with those of Media Companion? What would happen if i try MC .nfo's read into TMM? I once tried to use MC .nfo's with Ember, but all .nfo's were overwritten and shredded. Is there maybe something like a "read only" mode in TMM?
I don't know the NFO structure of MC - we support the NFO structure from Kodi and MediaPortal

but: why don't you try it out? copy a few movies to a safe location, set this as data source in tmm and import them Wink
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
If .nfo's want to be compatible with Kodi, they must inevitably have the same spelling and formatting. Actually, everything is usually "standardized"
https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Movies
So I'm all the more surprised since I've already tried it with EMBER, it's not all over there, the .nfo's are all overridden and turned into garbage with EMBER for other Media Managers.

Yes, I will test it.

It took me about 1 year to understand Media Companion with all the details. In order to have a comparison, I should do the same with TMM.
Is it possible to generate NFO files for movies with just the IMDB url link (generate parsing NFO for Kodi - https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files#Parsing_nfo)? Since The Renamer stopped working I can't find any other program that does this.
No, what for?
Why the need for TMM, when you just write an url to NFO...?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Because I use TMM for many other things - organize media files into folders, rename the media files and folders, check if it is scraped correctly, download folder.jpg, download subtitles etc. However, instead of generating NFO with information I prefer just letting Kodi scrape all the information so I can have the newest/most up to date information when I refresh Kodi. To make sure Kodi scrapes everything correctly it is best to have a parsing NFO with just the url.
@myron It would be possible to remove letter '(s)' from all the strings. I think I wanted better without letter '(s)' in the statement.

Sorry for my english.
08.12.2018 - Version 2.9.14
=======================
+ Java 9 / 10 / 11 compatibility!  
+ High Dynamic Range detection for mediafiles - you need to reload MediaInfo and then use $H in renamer  
+ option to ignore SSL certificate problems #373  
+ make colon replacement configurable (for movies & TV shows) #396  
x retrying to get artwork for 5 times #369  
x fixed detection of language names  
x fixed scraping of OFDB  
x fixed language name for sl/sk  
x CMD export: sorted movies/TV shows the same way as in UI mode  
x fixed detection of nested extras folders  
x fixed detection of extras/extrafanart/extrathumbs in TV show update datasources #395  
x only set 3D flag/edition on first import #231  
x fixed statusbar layout with long texts  
x TMDB: fixed fallback language scraping for episodes  
x fixed subtitle search dialog  
x fixed Trakt.tv, updating local NFOs even when no changes  
x fixed IMDB release date parsing  
x allow moving of symlinks #410  
x fixed crash on weird language extensions #425  
x fixed MovieSets #366
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
28.01.2019 - Version 2.9.15
=======================
+ added sortTitle to the movie renamer patterns (thx @xsxiaosa)  
+ added XLARGE (2160p) fanart support for tmdb  
+ added XLARGE (2000x3000px) poster support for tmdb  
+ added Vietnamese and Thai to scraper languages  
x fixed loading of colon replacement for movies  
x fixed storing of several options in the TV show renamer  
x fixed some Java 9+ compatibility issues  
x rename movie set artwork in artwork folder after changing the title of the movie set  
x fixed writing huge actor artwork from imdb  
x enhanced backup of deleted files/folders on some operations  
x fixed Windows .exe files to detect alternative JDKs  
x updated libmediainfo to 18.12
It´s getting stucked on ´Getting MediaInfo´ on last versions, it´s a little random.
18.02.2019 - Version 2.9.16
=======================
x MediaInfo reworked their naming schema for audio codecs - please reload your media information where needed!
x TMDB-scraper: do not accept empty IDs as perfect match
x fixed movie renamer to compare paths case sensitive
x fixed an issue of wrong file date calculation (MacOS)
x fixed truncated text on the movie settings screen #443
I m sorry

After the changing of the artwork on Kodi Leia 18
Is that a way to use the name "discart.<ext>" instead of "disc.<ext>" ?

Thanks
@mlaggner
I believe that that "watched" status was previously a toggle.  It would toggle from watched-to-UNwatched .. or vice-versa (logical XOR functionality).

In the newer versions, the Control+Shift+W (or from context menu: "Set the Watched Flag for selected movies") only sets watched, it does not toggle.

I believe it would be much more useful and serve a wider range of users, if it were either a toggle --or-- if not a toggle, having a second option for "Set the UNwatched Flag for selected movies".

One of the reasons this is so critical, is the need to mark many movies in bulk with a single operation.  However .. In newer versions, the user has to (a) click the "Edit" from the context menu, then (b) click the second tab, then © click the "watched" checkbox .. Then repeat this process for each video.

Unrelated Feature Request...

While I'm writing, I'd like to toss-out a feature request, if it serves the needs of others as much as it would help me...

In the filters, could we change the "year' filter to be a two-input field with a to-from (example: year 2015-to-2018), or alternatively (if a two-input is not an option) an equal-to/greater-than/less-than option?

On a similar note, if there were a filter for "rating" with a to-from (example: rating 7-to-10) option, this would be tremendously useful to me!

Thanks again for the great tool!
RKM (TMM fan & donor)
@RKMFlorida funny - IIRC it should toggle the watched state, but looking at the code history it sets the watched state to true since the action has been created (04/2014)...
I find it useful to have a toggle watched state action - maybe I reinvent it for v3 Big Grin

according to the interval search: I have to look if that is possible in our filter structure.. otherwise you could sort it by these values Wink
(2019-02-19, 08:52)mlaggner Wrote: @RKMFlorida funny - IIRC it should toggle the watched state, but looking at the code history it sets the watched state to true since the action has been created (04/2014)...
@mlaggner - thank you for the reply.

That was my same observation -- in previous versions it had toggled.  Thank you for confirming I'm not losing my mind Wink
(2019-02-19, 08:52)mlaggner Wrote: according to the interval search: I have to look if that is possible in our filter structure.. otherwise you could sort it by these values Wink
Correct, I have always used the sort; however -- the sort cannot be "stacked" as far as I know (example: sort by year, then by rating).

Therefore, if I want to go through my media collection and clean it up, or replace low-res files with archival quality, or spend more time on cleaning the metadata, etc, etc -- it helps to be able to prioritize.

To clarify this use-case:

If the user can filter by one criteria (for example rating or year) then sort by the second criteria, it allows them to focus-in on a certain category of media.  In other words, show only recent movies with low (or high) ratings, to go through and do something with those.

Because so many people have media collections in the thousands, this sort of feature is tremendously valuable, I believe, because it's no longer practical to page through an entire media collection one-by-one.  For people with thousands of titles, they really have to attack it with some type of logical filtering/sorting (or "stacked" sorting where multiple fields can be sorted in prioritized order, such as Year, then Rating -- however, I didn't suggest this as it seems less intuitive).

Thanks again.  I hope some of that makes sense Wink
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7