• 69(current)
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
@mlaggner 
Is it possible to generate NFO files for movies with just the IMDB url link (generate parsing NFO for Kodi - https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files#Parsing_nfo)? E.g. add "Parsing NFO" to the "NFO format" dropdown list under Settings-Movies-General? It would be great if that is possible - I really need just the parsing NFO.
No.
And we also do not want it.
This is not an XML file anylonger, and all parsers going crazy when seeing such files.
I know, this has been in XBMC for ages, but still.... no.

Why the need for TMM, when you scrape with Kodi?
Just use plain Kodi ...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2019-02-19, 11:55)myron Wrote: Why the need for TMM, when you scrape with Kodi?
Just use plain Kodi ...
Thank you for the quick response. TMM is brilliant for everything else I need (organize media files into folders, rename the media files and folders, check if it is scraped correctly, download folder.jpg, download subtitles etc.) - the only thing I am missing is the parsing NFO. If you or anybody can recommend any other program that can generate parsing NFO I would appreciate it (The Renamer is not working anymore on Windows 10).
Hello .. Trying to get TMM setup and having issues connecting to network shares and my 'data sources'.

Setup: Ubuntu 18.04 on x86_64 machine over wired lan / windows server. TMM installed (mediainfo updated, etc) and all is working. I can connect to the server via smb (Nautilus) manually but have been unsuccessful in auto mounting the shares via /etc/fstab (they appear but deny access) .. New to Linux .. so working on that issue but, with volumes manually mounted and files accessible can't figure out how to add them in "data sources" (TMM settings) as they don't appear as options, only local sources .. am I missing something?

Tried adding them manually to config.xml and they then show up as 'sources' but parse no info .. logs show "updated" with the full server/file path (strips off 'smb:') and returns 'zero' movie files and throws no errors i.e. credentials, fail to connect, etc. Tested with a video in a local folder and parsed no problem .. Looks like a great program .. how do I get to my data?
if you mount it via nautilus, you probably use gvfs to mount (bad choice, but the easiest one). Under Ubuntu the mount point should appear at 

Code:
/run/user/<user-uid>/gvfs/

You can also find that if you mount via nautilus and run the command 

Code:
cat /etc/mtab

here you see all mounted file systems.
But (to speak from experience) you should figure oout how to mount it via /etc/fstab! its much more stable and fast than gvfs/fuse
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Thanks for that .. actually, discovered my issue. I thought the fs was 'mounted' when actually I was just accessing the network via smb; windows and OSX (my other machine)
differ in their handling from Linux .. after reading the docs I now better understand the concept of 'mount points' etc and how it differs in not using 'volumes'.. I was
then able to manually mount via CLI and Voila! appearing and working in TMM. Unfortunately, adding the same lines in etc/fstab resulted in a crashed and un-bootable OS Sad

that said, I have had time to test the program .. works beautifully, Kudos! really nice little program .. a few questions related to image handling:

Is there a place for Directors photos? Any way to manually add/change actors images, or where are they stored? Is there any way to choose the preferred fanart image to display once imported rather
than having to go in and reselect / recheck all the boxes? via UI, how to add extra Posters?  .. apologies if these have been answered, couldn't find them in my searches... again, thanks for a very useful program.
I notice when scraping TV shows, the scraper ignores an "unchecked" box for images / artwork. This is a minor annoyance, but it would be nice if the scraper respected the options that are set when scraping
TMM v. 3.0  .. really love this program, was happy to donate. New UI is elegant and so far working flawlessly (knock on silicon) for me.  the only issue I'm having is the following:

I can't get Kodi to scrape actor images (locally) that have been downloaded w/ TMM. I have a large curated collection and use TMM to do all the scraping w/ a lot of manual input to develop the directories and .nfo's the way I want them. Then use Kodi with the 'local' scrape only setting to bring them in via the network. TMM properly generates all .actors directories & downloads the actor .jpgs .. etc. and all directories/files correspond to proper format

I find multiple posts here asking about this but the answers are the same (Kodi's local precedence over NFO files; Kodi's docs confirm this) as in this post: 2017-05_#6, with no one validating a solution. The .nfo/ .actors example there mirrors my situation (outside urls in nfo, etc) .. I can verify Kodi does NOT scrape these images .. unless I'm missing a buried setting in Kodi somewhere ? (I've been all over it). Deleted all media sources/media cache, clean library, etc. .. then add a 'new' media source, set content to 'movies', local scrape only, toggle on movies are in separate files..., open library (or files).. no actor images. Logs do not indicate any noticeable issues. Actor .jpgs exist in the .actors directories for each movie/directory. Everything else (.nfo meta, artwork, etc) scrapes and populates perfectly. Since the directory/file format is correct either Kodi is not scraping .actors or it's trying to pull actors from the NFO which points to urls?
Maybe Kodi can weigh in here?

..  Any thoughts on getting the local actor data from .actors into Kodi?
Will this tool build a basic xml for me for custom movies that don't exist on IMDB, etc?
Trying to add the 21 post credits scenes for the Marvel movies without manually creating 21 nfo files.
Version 2.9.17
=======================
x fixed artwork loading from TVDB
x fixed IMDB id lookup for TV shows (to provide more artwork for TV scraping)
x fixed AniDb caching issues (to prevent getting banned - thx @soywiz)
x fixed displaying of foreign certifications in the movie/TV show editor
x fixed writing TV nfo files (episodesguide for TVDB)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Version 2.9.17.1
=======================
x fixed writing of the date added in the Kodi NFO
x fixed more AniDb caching issues
I only found this a few days ago via a Google search, and have been playing around with it for the past couple of days and so far this is the best scraper out there, so a massive THANK YOU for your work.

As they say, no harm in asking. I have specific movie sets such as Halloween Movies, Family Movies, Disney Movies which are based on genre or studio. 

Do you have any plans to automate home grown sets in the future? So when I scrape Nightmare on Elm Street for example, and I do not want that in the Nightmare on Elm street collection, that because it see's horror in the movie genre, that it automatically puts it into Halloween movies?

I think this might be a feature that most people would love to have added, as often people make up sets and say for example Avatar movie, people have already tagged it as a compilation, but so far only one movie, and some movies get cancelled although even though they were supposed to be part of a trilogy.

Regards
31.05.2019 - Release v3.0
=======================
+ completely rewritten UI (thx to @joostzilla)
   new style and layout (better usage of the available space especially for low screen devices)
   flexible and configurable tables
   improved filters (inclusive and exclusive filters)
   better UI scaling on high dpi screens
+ added a dark theme
+ completely rewritten the renamer engine
+ completely rewritten NFO parsing and writing (much more flexible now)
+ easier translation via weblate.org now
+ increased required Java version to Java 8+
+ ability to mix in/search for missing episodes
+ presets in settings for common media centers
+ many enhancements under the hood
thank you very much for all the hard work.    very very minor, small, not a big deal, but..

v.2.9.x VS v3.0
the OK/cancel buttons are switched when scraping
https://i.imgur.com/BuobNDF.png
Yes, I have followed material design guidelines from Google for many aspects in the new ui - this is one recommendation
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7