• 75(current)
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
@tinnyskillz 
Scrape with TVDB, scrape again with IMDB, but untick everything but ratings in scrape dialog.

"Newest artwork" will not work, since most of the scrapers do not provide such dates.
Furthermore, the newest is not always the nicest...

Some sites specify that as "clearart" - fanarts w/o text...
Depends on scraper/site, if available....
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2020-01-21, 11:33)myron Wrote: @tinnyskillz 
Scrape with TVDB, scrape again with IMDB, but untick everything but ratings in scrape dialog.

"Newest artwork" will not work, since most of the scrapers do not provide such dates.
Furthermore, the newest is not always the nicest...

Some sites specify that as "clearart" - fanarts w/o text...
Depends on scraper/site, if available....
Hi all,
I just discovered TMM a few weeks ago and I have to say that iI really love it !! There is a lot of features that I really looked for and that I haven't found on any other media manager, such as the possibility of filtering your contents by codec, resolution, fps etc... It is really nice ! And very important, the possibility to play your content directly from TMM by just on click, which will launch your player Smile
There is one thing though which really bothers me : when you look for info for a new file, the poster.jpg and the .nfo file are going in my film directory, which really make my folder looks like a mess. It's now really annoying to manage my videos without TMM directly in the folder. What I would like to do is set a path to a new folder "TMM infos"which would contains all info relative to my media library and managed by TMM.  The problem is that I did not find any settings about a path for media infos, Am I missing something ?
I really hope so, because except this problem I think I just found my new media manager Smile)
@mlaggner @myron  I`m having a problem with episode thumbs. They show the landscape of the selected show for every episode. Instead of the correct episode thumb. It displays correctly if i delete the landscape thumbs. But then the landscape would be gone.
@chabannix please have a look at the issue https://gitlab.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny...issues/776 on our bug tracker
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
@tinnyskillz how does your TV show folder looks like? cannot reproduce it here
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
(2020-01-25, 08:37)mlaggner Wrote: @tinnyskillz how does your TV show folder looks like? cannot reproduce it here

TV Shows > [name of tv show with clearlogo,fanart,landscape,ang poster jpg, and season jpg`s, nfo file, and trailer file] > [season folder with episodes, nfo`s, and thumb`s for the episodes]

I use landscape.ext for tv show thumb, and i use <dynamic>thumb.ext for episode thumbs.

Sorry if i wrote this in a confusing way.

EDIT: Fixed. Artwork Beef was the culprit Smile
As there were multiple security risks with Java the past years, I am concerned with my computer safety when installing Java again. Is it absolutely necessary for TMM to work?
Java ist just some "tool".
You can do good things with it, or bad.

Same with a knife:
Give it a cook, and he will make you something delicious.
Give it to someone else, he might murder you....

Java itself does no harm to your computer whatsoever.
The question to ask is: do you trust the developers of the (Java) program you start?
(or the EXE files you click at?)

When it comes to TMM, we're open source.
Everyone can check if we do something bad...
@myron Yes, I do understand that. I have no questions about what you are doing. With such an active community, it would have been already known if TMM was malicious. Java itself is not bad ofcourse. I meant if Java still opens the door for malificent practices elsewhere.
@Sjors125 as there were multiple security risks with all operating systems out there, here is my question: do you use Windows, macOS or Linux? Do you use any Intel processor (reaally baad...)? Do you any browser (uff, there were security issues in all of them)?

only because there has been some security issues with Java in the past it is absolutely exaggerated to avoid it nowadays..
(2020-02-04, 18:28)Sjors125 Wrote: @myron Yes, I do understand that. I have no questions about what you are doing. With such an active community, it would have been already known if TMM was malicious. Java itself is not bad ofcourse. I meant if Java still opens the door for malificent practices elsewhere.

If you have concerns and are running on windows, here's what I suggest you do.

Install Oracle VirtualBox (free)
create yourself an Ubuntu virtual machine (free)
Install some Linux AV / firewall software, like ClamAV (free)
Install and run TMM on there.... (Free!)
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
19.02.2020 - Version 3.1.3
=======================
+ clean empty subfolders after renaming movies/TV shows
+ added "remove artwork" for TV show seasons too
+ (Movie) added a new export template: MoviePicker (thx @bastienpruvost) #763
+ (TV show) added filter for aired status #783
+ updated JMTE to 6.0.0 (IF tokens can now compare to another properties)
+ (movie/TV show) added and option to specify which date should be written into the dateadded field in the NFO #796
+ display file creation/modification date in the media files table
x migrate existing movie set TMDB ids to the new form
x do an artwork cleanup when changing the movie set name
x do not count missing episodes several calculations #769
x (TV show) moved name setting for special season to the image setting panel #775
x (TV show) removed duplicate hotkey
x (IMDB) enhanced parsing of release dates #777
x (YouTube) fixed extraction of newer YouTube trailers
x (TV show) fixed filtering for video format
x better scrolling in the renamer settings
x (IMDB) do not lock the UI if there are no episodes on IMDB #785
x cleanup of artwork when removing movie sets #789
x (TV show) fixed display of artwork size for season artwork #793
x (Trakt.tv) better test routine to show if the connection works
x remember last used folder when choosing files #791
x (TV show) only offer artwork types in the "Download missing artwork" dialog #795
x preserve file creation/modification date on renaming
x (movie/TV show) try to preserve existing IDs when re-scraping with a different scraper
@mlaggner Thanks for creating this awesome software. I have a couple of questions.

1. Can this rename dolby vision file with "DV" or some similar tag in the name?
2. How do I go about installing this in a Linux docker container?
1) we just take the audio codec 1:1, what mediainfo gives us.
Dunno how it is named there, but renaming will not be done...

2) use google, there is already a docker image flying around (from Román) wih remote gui access et all...
Desktop GUI apps are not typical usage of docker i guess....
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7