A Curious Error
Hey all, I have a curious error I wanted to share with the gurus here. I've been running XBMC trouble-free for three years now, and never seen anything like this. I have a recently acquired film that, when played in XBMC, only plays a small strip of video in the middle of the screen. It looks like this:

Everything else plays fine, menus and hundreds of other films and shows. This particular file plays fine in VLC, as well. XBMC, though, for whatever reason, shows it as a tiny little strip.

I have tried it with "crop black bars" set to both "on" and "off", but that makes no difference. Any ideas?
ULTRA MEGA WIDE SCREEN

See if you can get us a debug log (wiki) of when you play the video.
(2012-10-14, 22:06)Ned Scott Wrote: ULTRA MEGA WIDE SCREEN

See if you can get us a debug log (wiki) of when you play the video.

is that ratio 1200;3?

If possible maybe also get a large part of the movie by splitting it in a 100mb piece
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
My guess is you have autocropping enabled, and it's gone and cropped it all, as the video is clearly 1280x544.

Go into OSD -> Video Settings and fiddle with the cropping setting.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Aw, how frustrating. In the process of restarting, updating my skin, resetting some... settings... it has rectified itself. I doubt I fixed it, but I can't reproduce it. Bummer.

If it comes back up, I'll pastebin up a debug log for the edification of all. Until then, I appreciate the responses

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Curious Error0