Hide settings page
Is it possible to hide a specific settings page? I copied all the individual options from that page into advancedsettings.xml, and they are not visible in GUI anymore, but I got an empty page now Smile How about hiding the page itself from the settings dialog?

Thanks
I have no idea, but I gotta ask.. why bother?
To make a minimalistic version of XBMC for my non-techy parents Smile Unfortunately, they will need to frequently change some settings on a movie basis, such as subtitle character set, which, btw, is burried deep inside the settings dialog. Is it possible to rearrange the default settings a bit (remove unneccessary stuff) or add those options they need to a custom menu that is more easily accessible from the movie?
what about working with "profiles" (also known as Parental Control - to control your Parents)? with this its still possible to change audio/video settings in the movies
greetings, Stephan

Okay, it can be done, I've edited the skin and removed extra pages that I don't need. Smile

Btw, is there a way to programatically change Settings -> Video -> Subtitles -> Character Set from a button click or a Python script? I'd like to be able to toggle between two predefined character sets that we regularily use in our country.

Thanks!
Okay, found it:

Code:
xbmc.executehttpapi('SetGUISetting(3,subtitles.charset,'+charset+')')

Thanks Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide settings page0