• 22(current)
Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
This might just be due to my lack of understanding how the regexp works, but is there a way to use the default regexp (from the first post) with a custom regexp edited to match your own collection? I was recently introduced to Shana Project which automates your anime downloads with RSS. It's great when paired up with the Library Watchdog addon in XBMC. However, I'm finding that I have to rename every file before it shows up in my library. My format was Show - EP1 - Title [CRC32]

Here's the regexp:

<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
<regexp> - ()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? - [^\\/]*$</regexp>
<regexp defaultseason="0"> - ()sp(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? - [^\\/]*$</regexp>
<regexp>[Ss]eason[\._ -]([0-9]+)[\\/][^\\/]*?[\._ -][Ee][Pp]_?([0-9]+(?Sad?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

Anyway in which XBMC will recognize a file both before and after they're renamed or do I have to stick with one convention?
File names with "ep1" in them should work without the need for a custom regexp to handle them (and the custom regexps in the first post shouldn't interfere with that).

Can you give some concrete examples of actual file names, preferably including the full path (at least, from the source folder)?
Right, I'm not having any issues with with file names with EP in the title, it's those without EP I can't get to work. Currently all my files are renamed, but I'd like for episodes that haven't been renamed to still be recognized. Basically this for shows that are currently airing so that I don't have to rename them until the show has finished.

Here's an example:

A file would be automatically downloaded as ---> E:\Anime\Shingeki no Kyojin [gg]\[gg]_Shingeki_no_Kyojin_-_01_[0B164A9D]
This would not be recognized, until it was renamed to ---> E:\Anime\Shingeki no Kyojin [gg]\Shingeki no Kyojin - EP1 - To You, 2000 Years in the Future The Fall of Zhiganshina (1) [0B164A9D]

Is there anyway in which both formats would be accepted?
So basically, the first step would be to figure out the common pattern(s) for each groups' releases, then you can adapt the ones in the first post to match them.

So the regexp:
Code:
<regexp> - ()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? - [^\\/]*$</regexp>
consists of four parts
" - "
"()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)?"
" - "
"[^\\/]*$"
The second part does all the heavy lifting with the actual episode number, and the fourth part forces the match to only happen on the file name (and not a folder), so leave them intact. It's the first and third you need to change as they define the context of the number to match against.

Assuming all gg files match the pattern of your example, you have "_-_01_[" as the pattern to match (let's not complicate things by including the CRC in the pattern). So the first part of the regexp will be "_-_" and the third "_\[" (you need to escape square brackets).

Put it all back together and you get:
Code:
<regexp>_-_()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)?_\[[^\\/]*$</regexp>

You can try to generalize to cover more groups in one regexp if you want, for example "[\. _]" will match against a period, space, or underscore, so "[\. _]-[\. _]" would match " - ", "_-_", ".-." (and also, e.g., "_-."), but the more you try to generalize the more potential there is for false positives, so be careful. It can be simpler to have multiple regexps each handling a specific case than trying to maintain one "super-regexp" that handles them all.
So just to make sure I'm grasping this concept, I can have as many regexps as I want and XBMC will go through each of them until it finds a match?
Yep. And importantly, the first match is the only one used, so the order can be important.

With action="prepend" in the tvshowmatching tag, the custom regexps will get checked first, and then the built-in defaults. If you have action="append" then it's the other way around. You can also have one of each, if you need to sandwich the defaults.

One of the default patterns matches a three digit number, e.g. "102" as Season 1, Episode 2, which tends to screw you over on long-running series if you append your rules though, so be careful.
@scudlee Just wanted to update you on my situation with the cataloguing.

Basically, things are going crazy in that with the sources for the custom playlists for the anime and hentai (the anime movies are scraped using the MovieDB scraper instead), sometimes the shows appear in the relevant folders when checking them in the "Files" view and sometimes they don't appear at all or in the case of "Ro-Kyu-Bu!" only the opening and closing videos are listed at all and the same happens with the artwork as well.

In any case, I'm determined to get them catalogued properly even if it makes me even more balder than I already am with the stress of it all.
I've got some good news which may be of help to those who are using your Modded scraper for OAV's and Hentai.

I set them both to scan for TV Shows and it seems to help as I got the relevant artwork (and where available, the backgrounds) for the OAV's and also the artwork for most of the Hentai as well, but there seems to be a few problems with certain titles even when naming them properly, the titles affected are the following:
Maid wa Kaichou OAV (I can't seem to find it at all on AniDB)
Hurricane Live! 2032
Hurricane Live! 2032
Ichigo 100% OAV's 2-4 (supposedly named correctly and I triple-checked on the Ichigo 100% page on AniDB as well)
Ichigo 100% 2004 Jump Festival Special (The same problem as with the Ichigo 100% OAV's 2-4)
To-Love-Ru: Trouble - Darkness (No artwork even though it has a AniDB listing and uses the artwork from the TVDB site for the first series instead!)

On another note, I would advise everyone using this Mod for OAV's and Hentai to completely check the names of the anime concerned even when using Filebot as it seems the scraper can be anally retentive at times; one example being Samurai XXX in that for some reason, instead of recognizing it as its English title, it recognized it as Samurai 7, so I changed it to its Japanese title instead and it worked. Basically if there are any pages which have a green tick next to the English title on the relevant page for the title, use the Japanese title such as the one for the Rurouni Kenshin Trust and Betrayal OAV series instead of using the Samurai X one.

Also, it looks like I may need to create a entry for "The Invisible Stud Returns" as it's not listed even though the original title is listed.
Hey Scud, so I just noticed that theres trouble (or i just dont know how to do it) with the "Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica" (AniDB) Movies, it has a list of 3 Movies (2 Out yet) and i dont know how to name them now.. I tried doing it like it is a Show:
By using this format:

AniMovies/Gekijouban Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica/Gekijouban Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.S01E01.BluRay.1080p.FLAC.mkv
AniMovies/Gekijouban Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica/Gekijouban Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.S01E02.BluRay.1080p.FLAC.mkv

I also tried this:
AniMovies/Gekijouban Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.S01E01.BluRay.1080p.FLAC.mkv
AniMovies/Gekijouban Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.S01E02.BluRay.1080p.FLAC.mkv

But both don't work.. so how do I scan a Movie with "2 Episodes" ...?

AniDB Does not have a seperate DB Entry for each movie so..

PS: I do NOT want to let it sort it as TVShow.. it should be scanned as a movie..

Edit:For the meantime i just stacked them by appending: "-cd1-bluray" and "-cd2-bluray".. but thats annoying .. now its a 4hrs long movie.... i'd prefer seeing it 2 times in the library.. named after the real names in AniDB..
...The only way is to put it with your TV series and use the TV scraper...

Yeah, I don't like that much either. Sad

I did have half a thought of how to fix, basically, you'd name the movie file/folder something like: "[Movie Series] - [#No] - Movie Title" and the scraper could then separate the series name off to search, but then apply the "episode" title (based on the number, not the "Movie Title" part) instead of the series title. The big issue there is that you'd still have the same everything else (poster/fanart/plot/cast) for each movie. I don't know.
(2013-08-01, 13:26)scudlee Wrote: ...The only way is to put it with your TV series and use the TV scraper...

Yeah, I don't like that much either. Sad

I did have half a thought of how to fix, basically, you'd name the movie file/folder something like: "[Movie Series] - [#No] - Movie Title" and the scraper could then separate the series name off to search, but then apply the "episode" title (based on the number, not the "Movie Title" part) instead of the series title. The big issue there is that you'd still have the same everything else (poster/fanart/plot/cast) for each movie. I don't know.

Thats a good idea imo, if you dont like the same poster.. do it manually.. But thats atleast better than nothing! I'd like it.

Edit:
I always wondered, how do you sort Second seasons of an Anime?

For example:
Season1 of this: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sho...e&aid=7525
Season2 of this: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sho...e&aid=9134

I usually just put 2 folders with each show.. and name the files:
Season1Name.S01E01
Season2Name.S01E01

Note the S01 even on S02.. but is there a way to actually Put them into 1 Season? (Not that i really want it since there are different posters and TvTunes but it would be good to know that.)
Anidb is strictly one season (plus specials). How you're doing it is the only way to do it.
(2013-08-01, 17:23)scudlee Wrote: Anidb is strictly one season (plus specials). How you're doing it is the only way to do it.

Thought so, well not a loss in my case, I prefer it one-seasoned anyway.
I recently tried to create some NFO files so that XBMC would scrape the title of my choice every time without any tinkering. I was able to successfully change show titles by creatig NFO files with the following format:

<tvshow>
<title>PreferredTitle</title>
anidblink.net

This works perfectly since it scrapes like normal while using the edited information. The issue I'm having though is trying to do the same thing episode titles. Some episodes (mostly specials) have ridiculously long and redundant names like "DVD Boxset Special - Special Episode 01." In order to create a simpler title, I made an NFO using the same format expect switching out <tvshow> with <episodedetails>. While I get the altered title to show up, none of the episode information is scraped. Any clue why nothing gets scrapped?
Mixed episode .nfo files don't work, sadly.

That's a limitation of XBMC, not the scraper, so there's not much I can do about it, sorry.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8