• 2(current)
Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
You only need to put the year in when you need it, take for example "Mirai Nikki (2011)", you need to add the year on to distinguish it from the earlier OVA, but the old scraper would still ignore the year until you manually refreshed and selected the correct title.

If you're on Eden, though, most of the new features won't work anyway, so it pretty much does come down to the search improvements. I'd still say the Mod is worth it, it's certainly not worse than the original. (But I may have a slight bias).
I just started to use the scraper everything seems fine except that i cant get specials to be added. It will only add eps 1 to 12. I tried deleting,clean library and refreshing and also add special is enabled. On the original scraper it worked just fine.

High school DxD
|
|--- all eps including s2 to s7

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
How are you naming the specials? I just did a quick test and they all showed up fine.

Aside from adding in the OP/ED code, I haven't touched the Episode handling code (...but it's on my to-do list.)
High School DxD - S4 - Koneko Goes a Little Over the Top...Meow [SubDESU]

(2012-10-30, 21:29)saitoh183 Wrote: High School DxD - S4 - Koneko Goes a Little Over the Top...Meow [SubDESU]

...Yeah, that ain't gonna work on Eden.

Are you using the regexps in the first post? I did mention that the second (defaultseason) one was Frodo-only... You need to use 0x04 or S00E04.
as you had stated in here, this is what i have as regexp(i think its the same as the first post one. I wonder how come it worked in the normal anidb scraper...oh well..can wait for frodo to go stable...

So in Eden i have no choice but to use 0xEE format and when using frodo i can use High School DxD - S4 - Koneko Goes a Little Over the Top...Meow [SubDESU] or High School DxD - S04 - Koneko Goes a Little Over the Top...Meow [SubDESU]

I can't say why it worked with the old scraper in Eden, the defaultseason attribute definitely went in after Eden, so there's no way it could work as intended (for any scraper). Also, after re-reading the post you linked, I did pretty clearly say that it wouldn't work in Eden back then too Wink.
(2012-10-30, 22:49)scudlee Wrote: I can't say why it worked with the old scraper in Eden, the defaultseason attribute definitely went in after Eden, so there's no way it could work as intended (for any scraper). Also, after re-reading the post you linked, I did pretty clearly say that it wouldn't work in Eden back then too Wink.

Yes i know you did Smile i just find it weird that i was working Smile. Well no big deal, i will rename them to the format that works Smile

Hi Scudlee

Maybe you have an idea? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1260490

Also is Anidb mod going to be in the main xbmc repo?

Noticed a small issue (mainly concerning hentai one-shots).
As I keep my hentai in one folder (and subfolders as per title), that folder is scrapped by the tv show scrapper.
The episode names are processed with the given script beforehand. The problem that oneshots/ovas don't get an "episode" number (obviously) and the scrapper can't pick them up. If I manually add " - 1 - " between the title and the sub group, it gets scrapped without an issue.
Is this a known issue, or not an issue at all?
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to distinguish hentai titles with the anidb client, so it's hard to single them out as a special case. Are you using the script I posted in the first post (or a variant thereof)? If so you can either add %EpNoFull% to the MovieFileName, which will force the episode number into all movie file names - this won't affect movie scraping so long as you have the "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title" option set (since the folder name is what will be used), or you can remove the "|OVA" from MovieTypes, which will force all OVAs (including one-shots) to be treated as TV shows. Neither option is particularly ideal.

The only other alternative I can think of would be to split your hentai folder in two, one side for one-shots and movies, the other for series, and then have them scraped separately.
@scudlee,

I don't think that this has been asked before, but is there any way to categorize the episodes of an anime scraped from anidb, using the seasons mapped from tvdb?
Basically, I prefer absolute numbering and the metadata returned from anidb, but I would like to combine that with tvdb's seasons for better organisation.

e.g.
Season 01
- Ep 01
- Ep 02 ...
Season 04
- Ep 151
- Ep 152

I hope you get my meaning. Is something like this possible?
Cheers.
...I guess I can kinda see how to do that (I think). Might be too messy to be practical, though.

Consider, for example, Chobits. This is the anime-list.xml entry:
Code:
<anime anidbid="12" tvdbid="72070" defaulttvdbseason="1">
  <name>Chobits</name>
  <mapping-list>
    <mapping anidbseason="1" tvdbseason="1">;10-9;11-10;12-11;13-12;14-13;15-14;16-15;17-16;19-17;20-18;21-19;22-20;23-21;24-22;25-23;26-24;</mapping>
    <mapping anidbseason="1" tvdbseason="0">;9-2;18-3;</mapping>
    <mapping anidbseason="0" tvdbseason="0">;1-4;2-1;</mapping>
  </mapping-list>
  <before>;1-27;2-28;</before>
</anime>

Under your scheme using the tvdbseason, you'd end up with

Season 0
- Ep 01 Hibiya & Kotoko Chat (anidb S00E01, tvdb special S00E04)
- Ep 02 Chibits (anidb S00E02, tvdb S00E01)
- Ep 09 Shinbo & Sumomo Chat (anidb S01E09, tvdb S00E02)
- Ep 18 Minoru & Yuzuki Chat (anidb S01E18, tvdb S00E03)

Season 1
- Eps 1-8
- Eps 10-17
- Eps 19-26

Which is all a bit of a jumble. Episodes 9 and 18 in particular, jumping from season 1 to 0, would not be pretty.

...But then I could probably special-case season 0... But then there would still be the issue of correctly placing specials within a season (since it wouldn't be guaranteed to be season 1 any more)... which again might be doable...

Eh, short answer is going to have to be "no", sorry. Too much effort for a single request. If there's more demand, I'll reconsider. I can definitely see how it would be useful for the longer series.

It might gel better with my idea to have certain series flagged in the anime-list to just use the TVDB absolute numbering (which would then cut down on some of the huge mapping lists that need to be kept updated), but I haven't thought that idea through yet (in that scenario, it could just be those series to which the multi-season scheme would optionally apply).

(There is an update coming BTW, I promise. It's basically done, I just keep delaying it for trivial reasons.)
Ah, I understand.

In my case, I figured that the multi-season scheme would only be necessary for the series that were actually marked as having multiple seasons, but as you say, the more I think about it, the more messy a solution seems...

Ah well, I will look out for your next update, and hopefully some others would appreciate having the option of organising the longer series (esp. shows like One Piece and Meitantei Conan) by season.

Cheers again.
hello thank you for this amazing mod,
Is there any specific reason that i cannot use it?
Whenever i try to scrape my library it keeps saying "unable to connect to remote server"
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8