• 5(current)
Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
First off, thank you for this mod.

Secondly, should this work on Frodo's final release? If it should, then I'm doing something wrong since it's not working for me. I tried this few days ago and it worked just fine(on a different machine though).
This should absolutely work with Frodo.

If you're having troubles, turn on debug logging and then refresh a show (if it hasn't been added to the library, just go to the folder in file view and press 'i'), upload the log to http://xbmclogs.com and then copy the link here. That should show where the problem lies, hopefully.
Damn I'm a fool. I looked those logs and saw right away that my advancedsettings.xml was in wrong folder. Thanks for your help.
(2012-10-15, 19:34)scudlee Wrote:
AniDB.net Scraper Mods for Anime TV shows and Movies

So here finally are my mods of the AniDB.net scraper.

Installation
You can download and install both of them through my new repo:
repository.scudlee

Current version:1.1.0

Could you please tell me where to download the Current 1.1.0 version, the link is for repository.scudlee-1.0.0.zip, I want to give the scrapper a try and the other anidb scrapper didn't work to well for me. Thanks
The 1.0.0 is only the version of the repository, not the scrapers.

Once you install the repository, you'll be able to download and install the most recent version of the scrapers (plus they'll automatically update).
(2013-02-06, 22:26)scudlee Wrote: The 1.0.0 is only the version of the repository, not the scrapers.

Once you install the repository, you'll be able to download and install the most recent version of the scrapers (plus they'll automatically update).

Thanks you I'm sure you already realized I'm a XBMC noob, but I just installed your addon and it works great.

Two last questions, do I need to install both TV and Movie if I plan on keeping all of my Anime in one folder. My best guess is I just need the TV mod, I'll have many more series then movies and anidb has everything unlike TVDB just covers TV shows. But if I do decide to split movies and series into separate folders then I could install the movie scrapper.

Last question, is there any way to install your scrapper in the Ember Media Manager?

Again Thanks for the info and for the mod.

If you only want everything in the tv database then only use the tv scrapper.
(2013-02-07, 03:02)ZERO <ibis> Wrote: If you only want everything in the tv database then only use the tv scrapper.

Thanks Zero, do you know if this scrapper can be used with the Ember Media Manager, it only has built in scrappers for TVDB and anidb is much better for anime.
No, use XBMC for scraping! Better practice.
Just remember if you're only using the TV scraper that any movie files need to be numbered as season 1 episode 1 (e.g S01E01), otherwise they won't be scraped.
(2013-01-23, 00:16)scudlee Wrote: Yeah, sorry about that, a little slip up on my part. I prettified the code to (hopefully) make it easier to understand and edit, but it managed to push it over some internal character limit.

Here's a simplified version, that should save:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=ga5Rmcmd

I'll update the first post to mention this.

Hi Scudlee

Is there a way to add "0" in front of Episode Numbers when the highest EP Number is less than 10? And keep the "1" for the Movies.

Hi,

There are some Movie and/or OAV with multiple "chapter / N°OAV / version / ep"
for example : http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sho...e&aid=7991
Berserk: The Golden Age Arc
=> 1 The Egg of the King
=> 2 The Battle for Doldrey
=> 3 Descent

What is the best way to scrap all this item ? (in movie db)
if it's possible, of course Smile

Cheers
Gates
@Vaneska Probably the simplest way to keep the 0 is to add Pad:=$max(%Pad%, "2") after the first Pad:= line. When you say keep the "1" for movies, do you just mean the "episode number"? If so you can just add %EpNoFull% into the MovieFileName:= line (basically copy the TVShowFileName but still leave out the %EpisodeTitle%).

@gates Not possible using the movie scraper (and I don't even have any clever ideas how to do it). The basic searchable item is the title of the page, so either the whole thing is treated as a movie (and the "episodes" ignored) or it's treated as TV series (with episodes). Sorry.
(2013-02-07, 13:13)olympia Wrote: No, use XBMC for scraping! Better practice.

Thanks olympia, I just use Ember for the stuff that can't be found by the scrappers thru XBMC usually. I'd rather use XBMC anyways because the download fanart addon is awesome. Ember is pretty good for easily making custom .nfo files for video's that just aren't yet in any of the databases.
(2013-02-07, 14:34)scudlee Wrote: Just remember if you're only using the TV scraper that any movie files need to be numbered as season 1 episode 1 (e.g S01E01), otherwise they won't be scraped.

Thanks a lot, I hadn't thought of that.

Hey, I am still new to XBMC and read through the file naming wiki and also read through this thread, but couldn't figure out how to do the following:

Is there a way i can add my own episodes to a automatically fetched Series and not manually.. e.g having a own ADDITIONAL syntax, like: AE05 (additional Episode 5) or AO (additional opening) etc.. ?
Lets say Series: "Foobar" has 3 Episodes which are shown on Ani.DB and also fetched the right way.. now lets say i have Episode 4 which IS NOT official and added that with the same naming. (S01E04)
and I want to also show that episode in the list.. how can i make that possible?

Another similar thing:
Lets say I cut my own Opening and Ending of a series. Which is NOT on AniDB either.. and call it S00E101 & S00E102 how do i make that show up?
And the last similar one: AniDB has 2 Openings for some series.. but I have 3.. and also named it S00103, how do i make that show up as well?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8