Win Subtitles are ON every time on a particular mkv file...
This is weird this particular mkv file has subs on every time I play it but I always disable the subs for it and save the settings as default for all movies. But again and again it plays with subs.

Anyone else have this happening?

But for other movies the subs are off as I set it to default for subs to be off....

Are some MKV files forced to show subs regardless if you set as default for all movies?

I am on Eden...

Thanx... Big Grin
Yes - if the subtitle stream has been flagged as 'forced' they will be displayed irrespective of the settings, or if the subtitles have been permanently burned into the video.

Load the file into mkvmerge (or mediainfo) and it will be shown there whether the stream is forced or not. If it is you can change its status by - again in mkvmerge, file\Header Editor, load file in Header Editor, open the forced subtitle stream, change from 'forced' to 'no' and save.

Next time you play the file it won't show the subtitles
Yes, as steelman1991 says, the file can have the sub encoded into the mkv. You can use mkvtools to strip the subtitle out of the file
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
There might also be some problems if the mkv file is from a BD rip. I think XBMC 11.0 has some issues with BD subpicture (PGS) forced subs that are being fixed in Frodo.

scott s.
Thank you steelman1991 and everyone else for the quick response...

I had used MKVMerge before and I did not know that subs can be forced like that...

Forced Track flag :Yes Changed to No and saved...

Thanx for the pointer....

That fixed the problem..... and I thought XBMC had a bug!

Cheers!!!!! Smile

Your welcome - glad it worked and was an easy fix.

Though I probably should temper that with question. Was it OK to change the flagging - in most, if not all cases 'forced' subtitles are included for non-native language parts and usually add to the movie rather than detract. Just make sure they are not integral to the overall watching experience before you change the flagging - though its easy to change back if need be.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles are ON every time on a particular mkv file...0